Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 06:46 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times

Advertisements

Worked today and made decent money for it being slow for the memorial day weekend. Going out with Panama tonight to watch UFC fight..Told bartender to lose my number last night, LOL. It's going to be soooo fun working with him Monday night

Old 05-29-2010, 07:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
My today's happy:

First, went to breakfast with hubby and a friend, then hubby drove us to th salon and we both got color, cut, and an incredible scalp massage.
Nice! I got a pedicure a little while ago. Now I have pretty coral toes with a little gold sparkle. I was going to get pink-and-white but opted for some a little more summery.

I did yardwork earlier today and gave the girl a big tip for making my grubby, callused feet look dainty and pretty. Not sure how I'm going to do anymore yardwork, though. I guess I'll have to wear socks.

Quote:
Then, I got home and found an e-mail from another friend and we went shopping together. For a grand total of $8 spent, I bought: 4 Sweet Baby Ray's, 2 Gulden's squirt, 3 cases of bottled water and 4 12pks of soda. $5 was for tax and recycling fees.
You are SO good at couponing.

Quote:
My yesterday happy: Found my former daughter-in-law online and am reconnecting with her and her son (I always thought of him as my grandson). She thought I was mad at her - not a bit. Wooopppeeeee! Trip in 2-3 weeks.
Great news!

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-29-2010 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: typo!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Made bacon-wrapped shrimp kebabs with grilled polenta and tomatillo salsa.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I've never grilled polenta. Never made polenta at all, actually. Must try.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Made bacon-wrapped shrimp kebabs with grilled polenta and tomatillo salsa.
Okaaaay, you're doing it again...

Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Ran errands and did chores.

It may not sound like "happiness" for some but every little chore I manage to complete puts me farther along the road toward accomplishing my personal goals.

Today I got a metric socket set... which means I can now repair my lawn mower... which means I'll finally be able to work on keeping up with my grass... which means I'll be able to start making attempts on my composting project... which means I'll be able to start improving the soil in my garden plot.

That socket set also means I'll be able to start repairing my tiller, which has gotten a mite tetchy about running steadily.

And I got some lengths of PVC pipe which, weirdly enough, I'm using to store all the milk cartons I save (gallon jugs) and snip the bottoms off to make mini-greenhouses for late winter planting. Lots more room on the barn floor now they'll all be stored vertically, plus the place will look a lot more tidy (what man doesn't love a tidy barn?) and work-friendly.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:19 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
U.S.: About 40% of this sounds like foreign language to me, but you rock.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:38 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
To be quite honest at the beginning stages when everything is overwhelming, it certainly doesn't rock. Rather, it looks horribly messy, it's frustrating and the setbacks brought on by being unable to cover all bases at once bring one right to the brink of psychopathic screaming.

That's why the slowly-but-surely minutae of even small accomplishments bring me happiness -- because I look at my home and I see the potential. Right now people drive past and think my goodness, why doesn't he clean that place up? why doesn't he mow that lawn? why does that home LOOK like that?

It IS frustrating, but I keep my head down, vsegda vperedi, because I know one day people will be driving by and they'll say isn't that just the cutest little place? I wish our place looked like that!

Which reminds me of an item of happiness I forgot:

Found two fruit trees I wanted today, a 5-in-1 semi-dwarf apple (Braeburn, Granny Smith, Jonagold, Fuji and Gala) and a pear tree, also semi-dwarf, of a variety I cannot recall just now. Either way, they'll be planted tomorrow or Monday.

Since I didn't get my grapes moved, that will also make for a busy time.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 PM

255 posts, read 694,708 times
Went for a drive in my new, second-hand Acura TL with windows down and Beach Boys CDs blaring.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Nice! I got a pedicure a little while ago. Noe I have pretty coral toes with a little gold sparkle. I was going to get pink-and-white but opted for some a little more summery.

I did yardwork earlier today and gave the girl a big tip for making my grubby, callused feet look dainty and pretty. Not sure how I'm going to do anymore yardwork, though. I guess I'll have to wear socks.

You are SO good at couponing.

Great news!
Whole thing made me happy to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships