Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,304,106 times

Advertisements

I remembered much... Especially our Soldiers. And I took a person with limited resources shopping just to give them the convenience of some of things needed and to acquire somethings simply for the joy of it.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,005,521 times
I actually managed to return to an adventurous dream I was having after waking and rolling over. FUN!

Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,358,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I actually managed to return to an adventurous dream I was having after waking and rolling over. FUN!
Spill it. I need some adventurous dreams stories. I'm tired of all those "wet dreams" I've been having.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times
i paid for someones dental insurance.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 AM

956 posts, read 1,764,464 times
Well, it was yesterday. I surprised my friend with a call. She 's an only child and considers me her big sis. Spoke for just 25 minutes , her delight was worth the 27 Euros

Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,005,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Spill it. I need some adventurous dreams stories. I'm tired of all those "wet dreams" I've been having.

My dreams are often a curious blend sci-fi thinking and action/adventure, some better than others.

Dunno what spurred it but in this dream there was an alternate universe parallel to our own and very similar, with a few technological differences. Traverse between these universes had been declared illegal by the government on the other side, with trespassers killed on sight.

In order to "go to" that alternate universe one didn't actually travel, one traded bodies with someone on the other side. The switch had to be willful and the "killed on sight" aspect removed BOTH perpetrators. There were monitors set up, alarms which went off and alerted authorities to any transfer so they could try to hunt the perpetrator down.

In the dream I was a Frenchman in a wheelchair (do NOT know why, but I'm not always myself in dreams and switch from 1st to 3rd person views readily) and was going to trade bodies so that I could feel for a little while what it was to walk again (dreams seldom make much sense, they're just situations and we're IN them without rhyme or reason).

I had to do this (for some reason) in two separate jumps, so on the first jump I made successful transfer and had to RUN immediately to escape being killed.

I was running through a cityscape not unlike Odessa (I remember those damned long stairs near the sea) but more futuristic, and there were "Hunters" on my trail.

Finally I made it back to the jump-point for my scheduled return but when I jumped back to my own body I somehow took the ability to walk WITH me. Knowing this was some kind of potential breakthrough for people with handicaps and quite possibly debilitating or fatal diseases, the group in charge of my jump was eager for the second jump to take place. The second jump was underway when I woke up and rolled over.

After I got back to the dream I was back to running and was trying to convince one of the Hunters to help me rather than killing me because of what had happened with walking. It was one of those battlefield conversations which take place while dodging behind various bullet-stops such as building columns and walls while shouting at one another. I had just decided that my only escape was to kill this Hunter and try to find some authority figure when I woke up again.

A lot more exciting in the dreaming than in the telling, I know -- but this sort of thing is typical of my dreams, almost always filled with activity of some kind.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I remembered much... Especially our Soldiers. And I took a person with limited resources shopping just to give them the convenience of some of things needed and to acquire somethings simply for the joy of it.
How sweet of you Sun Queen. You are such a wonderful soul!! I couldn't rep ya cause I gotta spread the loooooooove but I wanted to let you know this was a great post! Wish the world was full of more people like you.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 AM

213 posts, read 416,140 times
Woke up earlier than usual

Old 06-01-2010, 12:47 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
How sweet of you Sun Queen. You are such a wonderful soul!! I couldn't rep ya cause I gotta spread the loooooooove but I wanted to let you know this was a great post! Wish the world was full of more people like you.
I tried to rep her, but apparently I gotta spread the love too.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:00 PM

22,237 posts, read 29,276,194 times
I've had a bad day since 3am and it isn't stopping

So I can't post anything. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.