Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,493,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Good idea and don't tell her you are hanging out with other friends it might sound like bragging to her and hurt her. So don't bring that up no more.

I had a roommate that would always brag about all the many friends he had and it was so irritating. It made me feel inferior and like I was doing something wrong.
Grrr that reminds me of the freshman yr of college. Well more like freshman 6 weeks because I was so over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 09:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,828,691 times
Nito Kenshi,

What do you mean? Did you have to deal with a bragger? lol. It sucks when you don't know too many folks and someone is bragging and always going out but never lets you in on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Grrr that reminds me of the freshman yr of college. Well more like freshman 6 weeks because I was so over it.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:31 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,493,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Nito Kenshi,

What do you mean? Did you have to deal with a bragger? lol. It sucks when you don't know too many folks and someone is bragging and always going out but never lets you in on anything.
I KNOW!!!!

My roomies were like "Oh look we have so many friends on our myspace and facebook and all you have is tom". And they would always ask me if I wanted to go somewhere I would say yes and they would never take me anywhere!

I'm over people give me a dog any day.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,828,691 times
sad but true

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I KNOW!!!!

My roomies were like "Oh look we have so many friends on our myspace and facebook and all you have is tom". And they would always ask me if I wanted to go somewhere I would say yes and they would never take me anywhere!

I'm over people give me a dog any day.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezinsane View Post
I am 21 years old. My best friend moved away the summer after 8th grade and we have stayed in touch all of this time. We talk online or on the phone every single night. Lately though, she has been really clingy. She gets mad if I can't be online or talk to her that night, or if I hang out with any other friends. I mentioned going to a concert for a few hours and she started guilting me and telling me that she is really upset and really needs me right now, but when I ask what is wrong, she won't say. I don't know what to do? I know she had her rough patches, was raped in high school and suffers depression, and I try to be there for her as much as humanly possible. I answer my phone at 4 in the morning, sometimes miss class just to be there if she needs to talk. I don't want to lose her as a friend, she means too much to me, but I don't know what to do. Her being so clingy and jealous is starting to push me away and i don't want it to come to that. Please help!

There is more to it...so if more information is needed to answer the question just let me know and I will type it up!
I also vote for the two of you getting together in person real soon, it's long overdue. Is there somewhere that you'd both like to visit for a weekend? I think that the years apart have caused her to use you more as a emotional crutch and confidant, and less as a real best friend. Best friends also do activities together and in person imo. So keeping in touch by phone and internet is not enough. And... you need to set some boundaries in terms of her not calling you up in the middle of the night when she has a panic attack or other personal crisis.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:04 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,983,624 times
I hear teflon can do amazing things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships