Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:01 AM

112 posts, read 569,268 times

Advertisements

Women of a certain age: "No, no, NO! To even think of... You are a pathetic old codger. This homebreaking trollop needs a lesson in life."

Women in their twenties: "Why not? As long as boundaries are observed..."

Males any age: "You're a homosexual, right? That you even ASK such a question..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:01 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,863 times
And OP, you still didn't answer, why don't you ask your wife this?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:06 AM

146 posts, read 641,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
And OP, you still didn't answer, why don't you ask your wife this?
I did discuss it with my wife and she said OK. She would love to hear about our meeting and knows nothing will happen. Just like the women I have lunch with at work.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:13 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoghi View Post
Women of a certain age: "No, no, NO! To even think of... You are a pathetic old codger. This homebreaking trollop needs a lesson in life."

Women in their twenties: "Why not? As long as boundaries are observed..."

Males any age: "You're a homosexual, right? That you even ASK such a question..."
I'm 31, and think it sounds pathetic. Is 31 a woman of a 'certain age'??
I would have thought the same thing 5 years ago if that makes a difference.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
I did discuss it with my wife and she said OK. She would love to hear about our meeting and knows nothing will happen. Just like the women I have lunch with at work.
Did she read your posts??? Because I can tell you that If my husband wanted to go to lunch with some little girl that he was attracted to I'd......well, that wouldn't happen because he respects me more than that....and if my husband ever posted anything like that I'd.........well, again....more respectful. I wouldn't put up with it for a second and I wouldn't expect him to either.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:17 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,863 times
Quote:

Well, you also said you didn't tell her how attractive she is. Why not?

If your wife says it's OK, why are you asking here? There is obviously a reason why you are asking. Perhaps you don't trust yourself. Perhaps you should just skip this lunch...aaah, but you are too tempted to skip it, right?

Either invite your wife along, or forget it. I am married, I would never dream of going up to a man I didn't know VERY well and asking him out to lunch....unless of course I had some other intention.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Whatever dude - you 'forgot' to mention to her that you find the woman so attractive. Why ask advice, if you're not going to listen anyway?

I'm so sure that your wife just can't wait to hear all about your lunch with a woman you find attractive. You are full of it.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,244 times
Why do you all jump the gun ?
Could all be perfectly innocent on the girls part
He has told his Wife
Obviously his Wife trusts him
If my Husband told me this story then I would say have a nice time - but I trust him and am secure not at all stupid.
My Husband works with mostly women if he was going to do something then he would and there is nothing I can do about it - but if I found out then that would be a totally different story.
I go out with the girls once a week we have a good time, I suppose you all think that is wrong too ??

Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
He has told his Wife
If my Husband told me this story then I would say have a nice time - but I trust him and am secure not at all stupid.
My Husband works with mostly women if he was going to do something then he would and there is nothing I can do about it - but if I found out then that would be a totally different story.
I go out with the girls once a week we have a good time, I suppose you all think that is wrong too ??
So you are telling me that if your husband told you that someone he found very attractive wanted to have lunch with him, you would say 'go have fun dear'. Really? Are you absolutely sure about this?
I trust my husband too, but to encourage him to go and have a one on one with someone who he fancies IS plain stupid.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
He has told his Wife
Do you find your girlfriends attractive??? Bcs I think that is what this is about.....if he didn't find her attractive and he wasn't thinking something "else" he wouldn't have posted about it.....it wouldn't be an issue.

I trust my husband completley because I know that he would never ever ask to go out with some little girl and then post all over a forum saying she's hot....that right there speaks volumes and that's why I trust my hubby and I would trust his judgment bcs he'd never do anything like that. He goes out with his boys and I go out with my girls........balance is everything but be mature about it.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships