Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:26 PM

148 posts, read 876,920 times

Advertisements

For those of you who don't get that love at first sight thing and don't believe in that, how long does it take for you to get the feeling of love toward another person?

I am dating someone right now. The relationship is going extremely well. However, we are on different pages on one issue and this is something we have discussed. She IS at the point where she has developed a feeling of loves toward me, whereas I don't feel I am at that stage yet and I will not concede to something I don't feel.

By all means, this doesn't mean that I want to end this relationship. We have only been dating for perhaps 1 month now... and I believe that the feeling of love is something that can be built through time and that one day, in the near future, I will be there. I just know that I really like this person, but it's not the feeling of love yet.

Regardless, what I would like to be brought up in this thread is how long does it take you to develop the love feeling toward another person?

For you, is this something that is developed in weeks, months, or even after a year?

Or perhaps, do you feel love instantly and this love is built on as time goes?

Keep in mind, do not let my suggestions influence your response.

Don't be shy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 01:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Well if you watched Oprah at all you would not need to be asking all those common sense questions; however, I will help a person in need.

Love should be present at all times. You create it with your thoughts, behaviors, actions, and words. Be loving at all times and encourage your partner to do the same. Do some research into it.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:31 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
It is different for everyone. Some people honestly aren't looking for real love, they just have lust. I am content with love, I loved my girlfriend almost from the day we started dating. She has been a very amazing person in my life.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:33 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocuri View Post
Regardless, what I would like to be brought up in this thread is how long does it take you to develop the love feeling toward another person?
It can be in one blink of an eye or take a lifetime.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 PM

I knew this might get into a definition or interpretation or meaning of love.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,555 times
One month is a little soon to know whether or not you love someone. In a month, you can know if you're compatible or attracted to someone, but love, I don't think so. I think you can start to have feelings of love in, say, six months, but love takes quite a while to develop. There is no way I would tell someone after only a month that I loved them! No way!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:35 PM

While Phil likes to sit on his throne and eat donuts, I like to go out and create love and be as loving as possible whenever I have the energy that is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It can be in one blink of an eye or take a lifetime.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Love should be present at all times. You create it with your thoughts, behaviors, actions, and words. Be loving at all times and encourage your partner to do the same. Do some research into it.
In that sense, then yes, love is very present. I was just never the type of guy that thought something like that should be said this early in a relationship (on my end, anyway).

Old 08-20-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
One month is a little soon to know whether or not you love someone. In a month, you can know if you're compatible or attracted to someone, but love, I don't think so. I think you can start to have feelings of love in, say, six months, but love takes quite a while to develop. There is no way I would tell someone after only a month that I loved them! No way!
Well, I have been told. And it's been one month. However, I did not say it back.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 PM

Don't you know your own emotions? Be sincere and say I like you and want to continue seeing you; however, love is a strong word and let me use it when I feel like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships