Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times

Advertisements

People will cheat regardless so I think the story is baloney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
People will cheat regardless so I think the story is baloney.
Or not cheat reguardless. I dont think it has anything to do with sexual partners before a marriage.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,314 times
Well, look at it this way; how many people get mad/fight or don't want to be w/someone because they haven't been w/alot of others? If I met a woman who had been w/alot of guys, I'd keep "one eye open". If she has only been w/me or one other long term guy I'd be much happier. One night stand women don't impress me much and I would think a woman would feel the same of a man.

Another thing, sex is just a small part of a relationship. Sex w/someone you love and care about is totally different than some one night stand....IMHO.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
I think it's a good idea to have some relationship experience before getting married, not really for sexual reasons but so that you have an idea of what's "normal" and what's unhealthy, how to deal with certain issues and so on. In todays world marriages have to be held together from the inside, and it helps if both people understand how relationships work.

On the other hand, I think too much experience can be bad too. You end up learning how to get in and out of relationships, instead of taking care of the one you're in.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:23 PM

429 posts, read 1,148,310 times
Truth is, all your partners will be human women (I assume). They may behave differently but the equipment's basically the same. So, if you've found someone you truly love, why not spend your time and energy developing a really great sexual relationship with her? Then, cheating won't ever be an issue.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:36 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
On the other hand, I think too much experience can be bad too. You end up learning how to get in and out of relationships, instead of taking care of the one you're in.
I never thought of it that way...that's some really good insight; it describes at least a couple of people I've known. Sad but true, I think.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
It is a buch of fooey

Old 08-21-2008, 12:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
Truth is, all your partners will be human women (I assume). They may behave differently but the equipment's basically the same. So, if you've found someone you truly love, why not spend your time and energy developing a really great sexual relationship with her? Then, cheating won't ever be an issue.
You sure? More people regret not having any variety before marriage than having it. Those are exactly the ones who feel the need to sow their wild oats when it's a little late.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:51 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,781 times
Quote:
I think it's a good idea to have some relationship experience before getting married, not really for sexual reasons but so that you have an idea of what's "normal" and what's unhealthy, how to deal with certain issues and so on. In todays world marriages have to be held together from the inside, and it helps if both people understand how relationships work.

Right, I second this!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:56 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:

I agree. Having been through several relationships made me realize that I shouldn't sweat the small issues. I am also better at figuring out what personalities and traits I want in a man for a life mate. When I was in my early twenties I didn't have a clue about any of this stuff.

And I think that there is definitely is a point of sampling too much in terms of dating different people. I think that as a woman, I would feel too used up and become too cynical about relationships if I was excessive in my dating habits. And I am not attracted to men that have played the field excessively. They seem unclean to me, too self indulgent about their sexual needs, and come off as having shallow values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships