Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:08 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times

Advertisements

No offense Homeowner, but your starting sound like a teenage girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 03:14 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,016 times
Don't afraid to face her with all your caring and feeling . you have to expect some answers from her to direct your situation . just an affirmation to you.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
No offense Homeowner, but your starting sound like a teenage girl
What's wrong with that?! We all need it once in a blue moon. As long as we don't marry such crushes as some of us do...

Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 PM

123 posts, read 351,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What's wrong with that?! We all need it once in a blue moon. As long as we don't marry such crushes as some of us do...
Touche! lol

Well, all the best to the OP. Do update us on how your meeting went!

Personally, I think you are in love with the idea of being with her and not really with her... It's the classic dreamer trait.

As kids, we yearn for romance and perfect endings. The fact that she came back to your life after so long and drew such a 'distinct' line between you both, makes it all challenging for you. You think that maybe it's fate and wish to make it perfect. The challenges she throws you (which includes distance, her nonchalant attitude etc) only makes the process more exciting for you which explains why you can't get her out of your mind.

That said, only time will tell whether it's really love. For now, it's in you to break down the barrier and 'conquer' her be it emotionally or sexually. It's just how straight men are wired.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:30 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Hmmm... OK thanks. It's just that I have had this heavy chest today and I know it's because I miss her. not something that happens when I lust after a girl.
I had a very similar experience. I traveled overseas and met a nice young lady as a friend thing. As it turns out it hurt when it came time to leave. A hurt like I had never experienced before. I don't know that I fell head over heels in love with her that first in person meeting...but I definately fell in something. We we're 7000 miles apart but still had a wonderfull relationship going. E-mailing, phone calls, traveling back and forth over the last year and a half. Being so far apart we put every minute we could be together to good use.
She will be arriving in my state tomorrow evening...and we are marrying the end of next month. Assume nothing my friend. If it's meant to be...it will be. Regardless of the distance. You can fly half way around the planet in 9 or 10 hours! In reality she's not that far away!
I had to go up to 3 months at a time between seeing her. It goes by quick enough if you keep your mind occupied with work etc. Just take it one day at a time. Good luck!

Last edited by Rance; 08-25-2008 at 10:41 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I traveled overseas and met a nice young lady as a friend thing.
Yeah, right, Rance... How many online "buddies" have you gone to see overseas?! Never mind overseas... how many in this country?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:42 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Default You got me there!

Um...none!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:14 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, right, Rance... How many online "buddies" have you gone to see overseas?! Never mind overseas... how many in this country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Um...none!
actually Rance thats not entirely correct
remember last year you and Sweden drove to Anchorage to meet me & mr Karla
and we all hung out in Seward

Old 08-26-2008, 07:13 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,101 times
I think the fact that the two of you have written and there is at least an on-line history gave you a foundation which really helps. The fact that you have some feelings is a good thing and now it is time to put some effort and time to see where this will go. Follow you heart. Sounds like this has "something" so enjoy the time and the feeling and see where it ends up....life is a journey..

Old 08-26-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
actually Rance thats not entirely correct
remember last year you and Sweden drove to Anchorage to meet me & mr Karla
and we all hung out in Seward
Yeah... As if if he hadn't met her he was gonna bother with ya and Mr. Karla... Besides, Anchorage is in his own state. It's not like he went out of his way that much. I'd drive up to Phoenix, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships