Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I've been down there quite a few times on my own before and will go again. I've no problem with that. Spooks the traditional Mexicans a bit, but I'm used to spooking people on a daily basis, so...
Just be careful - you know the urban legends about single women being kidnapped there and sold into a life of sordid sex...

...I'm afraid you might enjoy it too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just be careful - you know the urban legends about single women being kidnapped there and sold into a life of sordid sex...

...I'm afraid you might enjoy it too much.
Yeah, I wish! Seriously, it's OK. Besides, I'm past my prime as a target for sex slavery.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
LOL, heck no!

Once in a while I just like to see how the other people live, so I know how to defend myself against them.
Sure, Phil I have visions of you being at Best Buy and WalMarts on Black Friday every year and running with the massive carts to catch the hot item for Christmas...I know your type

Old 08-28-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Sure, Phil I have visions of you being at Best Buy and WalMarts on Black Friday every year and running with the massive carts to catch the hot item for Christmas...I know your type
You must be a prophet, mrstewart! I bet he also spends days on end to pick the perfect thoughtful gift for his sweetheart...

Last edited by sierraAZ; 08-28-2008 at 10:08 PM..

Old 08-28-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You must be a prophet, mrstewart! I bet he also spends days on end to pick the perfect thoughtful gift for this sweetheart...
Actually, I prefer the word clairvoyant...not as presumptuous as prophet

Old 08-28-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Actually, I prefer the word clairvoyant...not as presumptuous as prophet
You can't go wrong with this presumption!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraaz View Post
you can't go wrong with this presumption!:d
lol:d:d

Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:

OK - you got me!

Actually, I won't GO to Wal-Mart; haven't for years. Best Buy? Only if I'm dying for a new tech toy - which is pretty infrequent: my computer still needs to be wound up before I can use it. But NEVER on Black Friday.

One time - ONCE - when I was married, my wife convinced me to go on Black Friday to Toys-R-Us. It was back when the Power Rangers were THE hot toy for kids. Well, my son wanted the Red Ranger (I think) and we waited online outside the store for 3 hours, from 3am, until they opened the doors.

Of course, the folks that had seemed to be just milling about on the side of the line tried rushing the doors, knocking several people over in the process. Once inside, everyone made a mad dash for the Power Ranger display. There were curses and blows and yanking of toys left and right. I managed to grab a Red Ranger and held it like a star fullback going over the goal line.

Never again. NEVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ
I bet he also spends days on end to pick the perfect thoughtful gift for this sweetheart...
The most perfect, thoughtful gift I could ever give to my sweetheart is ME.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Oh, Gawd... pick something smaller... that's a handful! Or perhaps pick a large lady!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:

OK - you got me!

Actually, I won't GO to Wal-Mart; haven't for years. Best Buy? Only if I'm dying for a new tech toy - which is pretty infrequent: my computer still needs to be wound up before I can use it. But NEVER on Black Friday.

One time - ONCE - when I was married, my wife convinced me to go on Black Friday to Toys-R-Us. It was back when the Power Rangers were THE hot toy for kids. Well, my son wanted the Red Ranger (I think) and we waited online outside the store for 3 hours, from 3am, until they opened the doors.

Of course, the folks that had seemed to be just milling about on the side of the line tried rushing the doors, knocking several people over in the process. Once inside, everyone made a mad dash for the Power Ranger display. There were curses and blows and yanking of toys left and right. I managed to grab a Red Ranger and held it like a star fullback going over the goal line.

Never again. NEVER.

Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year...to sit in bed and watch the knuckleheads running each other down with carts on the 6 o'clock news. They always look so dazed and confused. I attribute that to the hydroxytriptiphan from the Thanksgiving turkey

I have never gone shopping on Black Friday and God willing, never will!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships