Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:26 PM

3,135 posts, read 391,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
Just curious, as when I have a bad day my gf of 3 years doesnt really do anything to make it better, and if she does, its a pretty half-assed attempt (case in point, yesterday I was in an accident [my car was side swipped by an 18 wheeler], her idea of making my day better was for us to watch a chick flick, send me home without any TLC and then fight with me the next day because her "effort", or lack thereof didnt do anything to make my day better [she told me to go find a new gf if I wanted more])

So yea, I was just curious as to what you would do to make your SO have a better day or if the treatment I get is normal and I should just chill down and not expect so much...
ha..never think about this ...I don't remember how I handle it like in your situation.. for myself...usually i got a bad day...there is someway can make me feel happy, Hope it works for you if your gf don't make you feel better :

1. just go to sleep

2. Dancing

3. to play games in game center..you can play shooting guys..dancing in the dance manchine..or play basketball to win big toy...or drive the hitting car...etc.

4. Eatting -- order as much food you can ...eat all of them...this sound dumn..but it works on me sometimes...it is better you take them and eat at home..haha..then you won't scare people in the restaurant..

5. listening to music...my favourite

6. chatting with friends.

7. Talking to parents

8. Writing diary - not recommend..ha..in case..your scret will be found by others someday..

I tried all of them when i 'm in a bad mood. but I prefer people just leave me alone ..When i had a bad day...i come home and don't want to talk..just go to sleep...this is the way i most use..I feel much better after wake up..then i will say to myself : Life is always beautiful !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Offer bj.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:31 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Offer bj.
I like your style

Old 09-08-2008, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
must be nice....i hope to find a girl like that one day...my girlfriend seriously sucks
!!!

Why don't you turn your day around then by breaking up with her? YOU suck for badmouthing her in public.

Complaints about the situation are one thing, but...

And another thing? Why are you in a relationship if you aren't grown up enough to realize that you have to, for the most part, make your own happiness? If you expect someone to do something for you for every bad day you have, you're just acting like a baby and no one will want to be around you.

It sounds like you just expect her to read your mind. How about:
"Hey babe, I had a horrible day and I would be really grateful if you..."

It really doesn't matter how long you've been together. I've been with my bf for nearly 5 years and I don't typically drop to the level of:
"How dare you not know what I want! You suck, and I'm going to badmouth you to a bunch of people I don't know for not reading my mind!"

My parents have been together for 18 years, and they misinterpret each other daily. If you don't love your gf enough to deal with that, then tell her it's not going to work. Don't trash talk her on the internet. What a great bf you are.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:29 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,422 times
I cook for him, I rub his back, I give him kisses all over, and I make him feel loved in every way. My SO will never feel bad after I'm through with him!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:40 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
I take care of him orally--and I dont mean talking.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 PM

333 posts, read 999,336 times
A 3 mile run! Lift some weights, then play music for a couple of hours. Oh wait, I do that just about every day.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
I cook for him, I rub his back, I give him kisses all over, and I make him feel loved in every way. My SO will never feel bad after I'm through with him!
Lucky stiff... and I do mean stiff!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I take care of him orally--and I dont mean talking.
Ah.. that's how you spell relief!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
A 3 mile run! Lift some weights, then play music for a couple of hours. Oh wait, I do that just about every day.
You must've missed the lil' fact the question wasn't about YOU!

Oh, never mind... guess you consider yourself your SO... that healthy trend many of us follow...

Last edited by sierraAZ; 09-08-2008 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships