Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:02 PM

286 posts, read 804,489 times

Advertisements

Just curious, as when I have a bad day my gf of 3 years doesnt really do anything to make it better, and if she does, its a pretty half-assed attempt (case in point, yesterday I was in an accident [my car was side swipped by an 18 wheeler], her idea of making my day better was for us to watch a chick flick, send me home without any TLC and then fight with me the next day because her "effort", or lack thereof didnt do anything to make my day better [she told me to go find a new gf if I wanted more])

So yea, I was just curious as to what you would do to make your SO have a better day or if the treatment I get is normal and I should just chill down and not expect so much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:08 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,586 times
I usually get a hummer. I got a nice back rub once, because she knew my back was hurting. I was sleeping on my stomach and she rubbed an Icy/Hot type thing on me while massaging my lower back. We don't live together, but see eachother often, so it's not like I kick in the door and start complaining. I usually do that throughout the day via text. Today she is bringing me some lunch...not so much because of a bad day, more like she is thoughtful.

What do I do though? Well she doesn't really have bad days..but when she is pissed I usually talk with her...it ends up releaving her stress a bit as I am a bit more intellectual and logical than her...so stuff makes sense and she feels better...and when she feels better I feel better because I usually will get a hummer or sex soon after.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
I usually get a hummer. I got a nice back rub once, because she knew my back was hurting. I was sleeping on my stomach and she rubbed an Icy/Hot type thing on me while massaging my lower back. We don't live together, but see eachother often, so it's not like I kick in the door and start complaining. I usually do that throughout the day via text. Today she is bringing me some lunch...not so much because of a bad day, more like she is thoughtful.

What do I do though? Well she doesn't really have bad days..but when she is pissed I usually talk with her...it ends up releaving her stress a bit as I am a bit more intellectual and logical than her...so stuff makes sense and she feels better...and when she feels better I feel better because I usually will get a hummer or sex soon after.
We dont live together either, so it wasnt like I kicked in the door complaining either. She kept telling me all throughout the day yesterday that she was gonna "turn my day around" and "make me forget all about what happend" and all I got was a chick flick....something, anything would have been nice..a back rub or massage even, it didnt have to be sexual (even though thats what she told me was gonna happen)...just some effort with her thinking of my situation I was in instead of herself and her wants

Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,485,152 times
so what you have both said sounds like the best way to make you feel better is through sex.
why not just say to her--"you know what would make me feel better after a long day of hell? sex"
your gf did what girls do to feel better--watch a movie that will help you relax, maybe snuggle up and just try to relax. but that is not what you considered TLC--so you need to tell her that

Old 08-29-2008, 12:14 PM

174 posts, read 626,361 times
I piihb

Old 08-29-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
so what you have both said sounds like the best way to make you feel better is through sex.
why not just say to her--"you know what would make me feel better after a long day of hell? sex"
your gf did what girls do to feel better--watch a movie that will help you relax, maybe snuggle up and just try to relax. but that is not what you considered TLC--so you need to tell her that
There wasnt even snugglng or cuddling involved! Besides, after 3 years, I know when she has a bad day that the last thing she wants to do is drink a beer and play video games.

She was bringing up the sex all day (thats what I got from "dont worry, I know how to make ur day better") Besides, in my relationship, sex can only brought up/asked for by her..

Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,485,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
There wasnt even snugglng or cuddling involved! Besides, after 3 years, I know when she has a bad day that the last thing she wants to do is drink a beer and play video games.

She was bringing up the sex all day (thats what I got from "dont worry, I know how to make ur day better") Besides, in my relationship, sex can only brought up/asked for by her..
hmmm....you know what turns me completely off? when my dh asks if i want to....
you know what turns me on, when he just goes for it

Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times
take him out for dinner and drinks
drinks and dancing
drinks and making out
go to the movies
sit in the hot tub
go swimming with him
sit down and let him talk to you about his "feelings" lol

Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,327,365 times
I'd give her a foot massage, cook her favorite dish and try for her not to do absolutely nothing. I will be her slave (for that day only).

Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,372,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
hmmm....you know what turns me completely off? when my dh asks if i want to....
you know what turns me on, when he just goes for it
I agree, next time you walk through the door after a bad day, first stop off at your favorite skimpy clothing retailer and in your best spaghetti western voice say: Put These On!......it helps if you can curl your lip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships