Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:55 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,617,795 times

Advertisements

My wife hasn't told me she thinks I'm "sexy" or called me "good look'n" for a long time........years actually. I try to tell her every day. I may not be 100% truthful, but I say it for her.

Would this concern you? Do you tell your wife/husband they are sexy? Do they tell you?

Just curious, don't really care.....just bored as everyone is at the lake.......I needed to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 05:58 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
My wife hasn't told me she thinks I'm "sexy" or called me "good look'n" for a long time........years actually. I try to tell her every day. I may not be 100% truthful, but I say it for her.

Would this concern you? Do you tell your wife/husband they are sexy? Do they tell you?

Just curious, don't really care.....just bored as everyone is at the lake.......I needed to work.
I think when you're in a long term marriage/relationship I think people have a tendency to take each other for granted. That's pretty much how affairs start, the local cashier smiles at you and keeps eye contact longer than socially acceptable etc etc.

To answer your questions I don't know if "saying" your sexy is the answer. I guess you should try to act like they are sexy and the feelings will come??

Old 08-31-2008, 06:09 PM

79 posts, read 331,175 times
I agree after years of being together we tend to take our partners for granted. I tell my boyfriend all the time that he is sexy, until of course he flaunts himself like he is the king of the world, then I get grossed out. He only tells me that I am when he is kissing up to me or making up for a mistake he made. I think after a while we just kinda expect the other to know that we think they are sexy or we would not be with them. Honestly when you love someone you think they are sexy even if you are the only one on the planet that thinks that. If the two of you still have that intimacy in your relationship than clearly she still thinks you are her sexy guy.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
This is kinda funny actually...I was thinking about this yesterday.
I had put my make up on, and rolled my hair to look good for my husband.
He used to tell me," I was beautiful" when we first got together, but I haven`t heard this in awhile. I was hoping to hear him say something to me yesterday, in that sense, but he never did.
I guess we all need to hear this every once in awhile, to make us feel good about ourselves.
I need to tell him right now, that I think he has beautiful red hair, which he does, and tell him how much I am enjoying our time together this weekend!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:27 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
This is kinda funny actually...I was thinking about this yesterday.
I had put my make up on, and rolled my hair to look good for my husband.
He used to tell me," I was beautiful" when we first got together, but I haven`t heard this in awhile. I was hoping to hear him say something to me yesterday, in that sense, but he never did.
I guess we all need to hear this every once in awhile, to make us feel good about ourselves.
I need to tell him right now, that I think he has beautiful red hair, which he does, and tell him how much I am enjoying our time together this weekend!
Sounds like a lucky guy.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:29 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Thanks..... he says so.
I think I`m pretty lucky too!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,305,726 times
My husband once mentioned to me a long, long time ago, that his ex-wife never used to tell him he was handsome. (He wasn't looking for pity; he just mentioned it casually one time.) Ever since then, I make a point to tell him frequently that he's handsome, cute, etc.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:03 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times
It is sad when people stop saying the nice things. We are both around 60 and my DH used to say nice things all the time. If we went to a wedding he would say I was prettier than the bride. We have struggled the past few years and I have told him several times that it means a lot to me to have a compliment once in awhile. He maybe says something nice every few months It really makes me feel bad about myself. I have lots of friends and they make nice comments but it would mean the most from him and I think he withholds that from me. I tell him nice things but it is not returned. What is sad is that encouragement is free!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 PM

536 posts, read 1,108,893 times
i think you're sexy
but really sometimes i think women don't realize that men need to be stroked in different ways too.
you could always ask her if she thinks you are still sexy and give her the hint or not since it doesn't bother you
that's really sweet that you tell her.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
My wife hasn't told me I'm sexy or handsome for over 7 years now.

...of course, that's when we were divorced, but STILL, you'd think...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships