Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 03:51 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times

Advertisements

Yep. I agree. That is childish behaviour, but wouldn`t it be grand if life was just that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 03:58 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No the adult thing to do is get along for the sake of your kids. I fnd it hard to believe that people who once liked each other enough to make babies together can't manage to get along so they can raise them. IMO, that's pretty childish behavior to make your kids miserable because you're not happy with the situation you CHOSE. Kids don't get a choice. You chose their other parent.

It's not adult to cheat of booze or abuse. There's no excuse for those things. I've maintained all along that you get yourself into a safe situation first. However, most divorces aren't for reasons of abuse. They're because someone got bored and is unhappy with the partner they chose. They are the ones who should suck it up and act like an adult for their kids' sake.

I'm not happy so I"ll make everyone around me miserable is very childish.
Holy Hell!!! Someone on here has there crap straight!!! Two thumbs up Ivory!

People are so f'n wrapped up in make'n themselves happy they ignore the kids. This site is also so filled w/divorce mongers that it is pathetic.

Two adults can talk and work it out enough to get the kids raised w/out any "noise". But then again, are we really talk'n about adults?

Physical and verbal abuse are one thing, but if you just don't want to be married anymore is another.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.........don't f'up your kids life!

Yankeegirl, don't take advise from an ex, eh? Your bright enough to know that.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:17 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
I think my ex gave good advice.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 PM

123 posts, read 295,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
GIVE IT UP,,,IT'S OVER !!!!
some people just aren't that evolved

Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I guess this brings me to think about my ex and the household he grew up in. He said that even though his parents stayed together for them (two kids) they both knew that their relationship was not right.
He said they grew up in a home with both parents, but it wasn`t pleasant.
There was alot of distance between them, and I remember him saying it was "cold."
Exactly.
My parents have never been affectionate with each other, generally argue with each other over money, and since my dad is basically a jerk, my bro and I always sided with my mom. I have virtually no relationship with my dad at all. My brother and I are pretty close, but I don't think either one of us talk to our parents about much. I know I don't. I'd probably have to be in the hospital dying before I would call on them to help me.

"Staying together for the kids" may be "the adult thing to do" but kids are a lot smarter than you think. plus, you also have to think about what kids will end up thinking about relationships thanks to their parents' actions. I for one would rather cut my ear off than get married thanks to my childhood.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 PM

123 posts, read 295,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I for one would rather cut my ear off than get married thanks to my childhood.
you're a supernerd. i think your ears are safe

Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'm not happy so I"ll make everyone around me miserable is very childish.
You have a very warped opinion of what makes people and children miserable. Being a single parent and the child of a single parent hardly equals misery. It may equal a different financial status, but that doesn't have to equal misery. Staying in a loveless marriage for what most would say are immature or misguided reasons causes misery. I think if one does this and feels their life is great, then more power to them. I doubt in 20 years they'll look back and feel this way. A marriage is to be a place of joy, happiness, and fulfillment.... not a hotel for mom or dad. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships