Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:02 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times

Advertisements

I saw an episode of MASH where Cornel (sp?) Potter found out his daughters hubby had slept with another woman during his trip to Korea. He was hopping mad about it but in the end he decided to not tell his daughter. He told his son in law there is no point in destroying 3 lives over one slip up. He also let him know what he would do if it happened again.

IDK, food for thought..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 PM

174 posts, read 455,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I saw an episode of MASH where Cornel (sp?) Potter found out his daughters hubby had slept with another woman during his trip to Korea. He was hopping mad about it but in the end he decided to not tell his daughter. He told his son in law there is no point in destroying 3 lives over one slip up. He also let him know what he would do if it happened again.

IDK, food for thought..
Thanks much, I'll remember that when I get promoted to Colonel!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
Ha!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Let me clarify...I agree that waiting until the pregnancy is over is a good idea - no one wants to see the poor wife under that kind of stress while pregnant - too much risk to the baby for sure.

It's not all about a woman thinking with emotion. It's plain and simple God made men and women different. You can't expect a woman to think like a man. You can't expect a man to think like a woman!! Also, each of us deserves to decide for ourselves how we want to handle a situation like this one. No one can or should tell you how to handle it. We all cross that bridge when we come to it. If you wouldn't tell your best friend (or someone close to you) then that's your choice. Others may feel differently. You gotta let the chips fall where they may in cases like this.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne5 View Post
I have a dilemma and I'm reaching out to the masses for advice.

I'll get right to the question ...Does a newly wed pregnant woman want to know of her husbands infidelity?

Here's the issue...I had been dating a man for nearly a year...I just learned he got married several months ago and his wife is pregnant. He did not tell me nor did he end our relationship. I found out and ended it immediately. I never have been nor ever want to be involved with a married man.

With the pain and suffering I am going through and the feelings of betrayal from this man, I can not imagine how a married pregnant woman would take the news of her new husband, who, while the entire time they were engaged and thru the first 6 months of their marriage had been cheating on her. Utterly devastating I can imagine.

So I'm in quite a quandary, do I let it go and let his karma take its course, or do I tell the wife of her husbands disgusting affair?

I appreciate men and women's advice, I’ve been lamenting over this for 2 weeks now…
Oh man this is a tough one. If you decide to tell her, make sure it is for the right reasons. Don't do it to get back at him. Don't think I am hurt so let me hurt someone else. I do think you can "force" his hand and make him tell her. It does need to get addressed in their relationship. The new wife probably has no desire to hear from you. She does deserve to know where she stands. Tread carefully matters of the heart have lasting effects.

Best of luck.

~Boneheaded~

Old 03-26-2009, 08:56 AM

657 posts, read 1,599,467 times
i won't quote the OP's opening post since it was quoted just above.. but the image i'm getting from it is not one of genuinely caring for the woman's wellbeing (as you stated earlier that you DON'T care) but more of a vengeful endeavor.. absolutely a bad way to go about things. you're just looking for trouble if you do it like that, and if that's the only reason you have, you're better off minding your own business and moving on with your life (and next time, try to find one that doesn't cheat, we do exist )

Old 03-26-2009, 09:34 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
This thread is from September 2008, funny how "somebody" just joined "today" and brought this thread back up to the top. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm weird huh?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
This thread is from September 2008, funny how "somebody" just joined "today" and brought this thread back up to the top. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm weird huh?
Nah it could be someone going through the same thing and resurrected it. Then again she could still be holding a grudge and came back under a different name cause she lost her password? IDK.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Nah it could be someone going through the same thing and resurrected it. Then again she could still be holding a grudge and came back under a different name cause she lost her password? IDK.
I wasn't referring to her

Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I wasn't referring to her
Clue me in MLV what do you think is afoot? Maybe I was awake way too late last night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships