Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:09 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
we have gotten so many door to door "salespersons" if that is what you want to call them. so far i have seen only scammers with carpet spray bottles in their hands waving it around, we have had people trying to sell meat out of their truck--but actually casing the neighborhood and house. as if i would go and taste food out of a truck with no restaurant or shop logo...
i just answer the door, tell them i know what they are doing, threaten to call the police and shut the door in their face.
I actually did have to call the police for the last door-to-door "fundraiser" racket that went through our town. They are all swindlers and I don't know why they still bother to come through - I spoke with one of them and she readily admitted that she had netted exactly one sale of some crummy chocolate for the whole day hoofing it through our area.

Signs of people getting more and more desperate for moolah lately....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 01:13 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
There hasn't been any door to door salepeople around. If their was I wouldn't answer the door unless it was a student selling something, I am a sucker for those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships