Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I can not find one thing my husband does not support me in, and he tries to make me happy in life, and thats what makes him a good husband IMO. Every single/divorced woman who meets him wants to clone him because he treats me so well and lovingly, but I trust him and feel very fortunate.
Perhaps you SHOULD start cloning him! Sounds like a good business idea to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 01:38 PM

16 posts, read 50,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmom28 View Post
Yes, every relationship is a gamble no matter if it is personal or professional. And no I do not lack self confidence at all. I just don't make it a habit of giving up on things just cause they are hard some times. Life is a wild ride, it can be very hard for some people and it can be very easy for others.

I chose to stay with him because for the most part I can depend on him for everything and he has been my best friend for years. He does not beat me, he does not try to ruin my life or make it difficult, he is just at the stage in his life where his career matters to him a lot. He is only 24 years old. How many guys at 24 are completely sure about life. NONE OF THEM. Most men at 50 are not sure of life.

I can't blame him for his faults, they were brought on by his mother and every one can change you just have to give them the chance instead of walking out on them because they can not be exactly what you want them to be at that point in time. If you walked out on every person that was not exactly what you wanted or expected you would be one lonely and friendless individual.

So again, Yes, life relationships are a gamble, and they are a gamble worth taking.
good healthy thinking. I wish you the best for you both. *smile*. I wish I could think through things that well, so I wouldn't be as myserable at times about life.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 PM

536 posts, read 1,105,403 times
The Perfect Husband...
Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands free speaker-function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.
MAN: "Hello."
WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"
MAN: "Yes."
WOMAN: "I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"
MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."
WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2005 models. I saw one I really liked."
MAN: "How much?"
WOMAN: "$90,000."
MAN: "OK, but for that price, I want it with all the options."
WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing .....the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking $950,000."
MAN: "Well, then go ahead and give them an offer of $900,000. They will probably take it. If not, we can go the extra 50 thousand. It is really a pretty good price."
WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!!"
MAN: "Bye! I love you, too." The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in astonishment, mouths agape.....
Then he smiles and asks: "Anyone know who this phone belongs to?"

Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 PM

79 posts, read 330,472 times
Quote:
good healthy thinking. I wish you the best for you both. *smile*. I wish I could think through things that well, so I wouldn't be as myserable at times about life.
Trust me I didn't always think things through when it came to relationships of any kind, I always assumed, and I always jumped into them and then ended up running away. I have always learned from my mistakes, and the longer I am with him, the more mistakes I have to learn from.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 PM

16 posts, read 50,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I wish that I was in love with him when we were married. I loved him, but not the same as I had loved before. My situation was a bit different, I was a divorced mom of 3. The pickings were slim for a single mom with 3 kids, he had a good job and was good with the kids. Security and stability was the most important thing at the time. We now have 3 kids together as well. He just isn't very lovey dovey. He would do anything I want, but...
do you believe that if you find a man who can support you and care for you rather than you seeking for love, even though your relationship didn't start with just love, the love will be there in the future, because you have spent time together? in other words, do you believe that the love can be developed after? my mother wanted me to marry rich and have love after, but I didn't know if that could be true..

Old 09-07-2008, 12:15 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomwang View Post
do you believe that if you find a man who can support you and care for you rather than you seeking for love, even though your relationship didn't start with just love, the love will be there in the future, because you have spent time together? in other words, do you believe that the love can be developed after? my mother wanted me to marry rich and have love after, but I didn't know if that could be true..
Not that it COULDN'T happen, but I sure wouldn't count of it. When I was younger I met and dated a lot of nice guys. Even after developing close friendships with several of them it never "turned into" love. In a couple of cases it would have been great it that had happened because they were such awesome men - and two of them went on to be quite successful and wealthy. But at the end of the day I would not trade what I have with my husband for all the money in the world - he is just IT for me and nothing in the material world can come close to our relationship. If I had just settled for a nice guy rich guy I may have missed out of the greatest joy and ectasy of my life. I know not everyone gets married for love - especially in other cultures around the world, but for me there would never be another reason to get married. Best of luck to you.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:06 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomwang View Post
sometimes we take for granted for what we have, I'm talking about myself here, sometimes I think wouldn't it be great to marry rich, but my husband works hard, cares for our child, is very loving, he doesn't even ask me to go work and wants me to just stay home and care for our child. but I still worry about every single penny we spend, and hence at times regret not marrying for rich. what do you define as a good husband? do you at times regret whom you married to?
A dead husband!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:17 AM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
A dead husband!
Whew, that's a little harsh.

Are you kidding...hopefully

Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
Oops! Sorry - I fell into the fuzzy, warm, cozy thread by mistake!

Old 09-07-2008, 03:18 AM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Oops! Sorry - I fell into the fuzzy, warm, cozy thread by mistake!
I guess you're not kidding then huh?

You know when people talk like that it just makes them sound bitter. Once someone sounds bitter, you pretty much get dismissed as a bitter "fill in the blank here"

Bitterness is soooooo unattractive.

If you're joking around please disregard above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships