Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:03 PM

16 posts, read 50,516 times

Advertisements

sometimes we take for granted for what we have, I'm talking about myself here, sometimes I think wouldn't it be great to marry rich, but my husband works hard, cares for our child, is very loving, he doesn't even ask me to go work and wants me to just stay home and care for our child. but I still worry about every single penny we spend, and hence at times regret not marrying for rich. what do you define as a good husband? do you at times regret whom you married to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 03:13 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomwang View Post
sometimes we take for granted for what we have, I'm talking about myself here, sometimes I think wouldn't it be great to marry rich, but my husband works hard, cares for our child, is very loving, he doesn't even ask me to go work and wants me to just stay home and care for our child. but I still worry about every single penny we spend, and hence at times regret not marrying for rich. what do you define as a good husband? do you at times regret whom you married to?
My husband makes a very good living but he could be more loving. I think about not marrying for "true" love instead of more money.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM

16 posts, read 50,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
My husband makes a very good living but he could be more loving. I think about not marrying for "true" love instead of more money.
m...do you mean you prefer to marry for true love rather than money? or the other way around? thank you for sharing.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
I couldn't live with myself if I "married rich" and that was my sole objective. If it happened by accident, then that would be great, but I married for love. I have always believed if you want certain things in life, you have to work for them. As a woman, I never relied on anyone but myself for material goods. Over the course of time, I was also lucky in some areas. I always worried if I relied on my husband as my sole provider, what would happen to me if something happened to him.

Of course, take the woman who wants to marry rich and looks the part and the man who needs a trophy wife - there are many marriages like this and they work for a time.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:35 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
My husband is not the breadwinner, but he does work hard. He loves his kids and is 200% a father. He cleans the dishes every night, he does his own laundry and the kid's laundry. He mows the lawn and keeps the house in tip top shape.

He's a good husband.

Every person lacks something - no one is perfect.

My husband's imperfection in our marriage is - he's quiet. He's a man of few words and few actions. You know how people are asked "what's the best thing about your man?" and people usually answer "He makes me laugh" - yeah. that's NOT my husband. I'm very outgoing, he's very homebody and well, quiet. He's not a fun-loving man. He's a secure, stable, loyal man.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,520 times
I love my husband very much! I married him for love and because he is the only man I could ever see spending the rest of my life with. He is an entertaining and loving person. He doesn't make a whole lot of money, but we are pretty blessed and I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world.

He works hard, everything he does he gives his all, he does yard work, he works hard at his job, he is an amazing father to our son and will soon be just as amazing with our daughter!

Most women don't like my husband because he is a man's man, but I love him and I cannot think of anyone else's imperfections that I would rather be putting up with!

As I have said before, we are the only people who would put up with each other!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,747 times
I think I have the best husband in the world. Of course, it took me two attempts.
My husband came into my life when I was in the middle of a wretched divorce. I was a real basket case and he became not only my stability but my children's. He took a broken family and made it whole again.
He coached both my kids in various sports, helped with homework, taught them how to drive, you name it. He always says, "I don't have step-children, I just have children." Even when we married and had one of our own, he never treated the other two any different.
He will cook when I don't want to. He will clean when necessary. He does almost all the homework with the kids. He NEVER says an unkind word about anyone but my X and then never in front of the kids. He NEVER forgets an anniversary or birthday and always has the most thoughtful gifts. He brings flowers home just because. When I am having a bad day, he takes over. When I am PMS-ing, he listens without judgment. He offers to do things for me just because he knows I don't want to. (like taking the car to be fixed, or the dog to the vet.) He kills all the bugs.
We are not rich, but he works very hard and has provided a nice life for the 5 of us. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:50 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,071 times
I think people make it way too complicated, you've got to accept a few shortcomings or you will forever be seeking "Mr or Mrs Right" and will never be satisfied with what you have. For me, marrying a man for money would be the most miserable, empty thing in the world and I wouldn't even consider it. Money is pretty low on my list of must haves. Love, good companionship, similar sense of humor, similar interests, honesty, hard worker, faithful, sexy, that pretty much sums it up for me.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:51 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmomwang View Post
m...do you mean you prefer to marry for true love rather than money? or the other way around? thank you for sharing.
I wish that I was in love with him when we were married. I loved him, but not the same as I had loved before. My situation was a bit different, I was a divorced mom of 3. The pickings were slim for a single mom with 3 kids, he had a good job and was good with the kids. Security and stability was the most important thing at the time. We now have 3 kids together as well. He just isn't very lovey dovey. He would do anything I want, but...

Old 09-02-2008, 04:02 PM

79 posts, read 331,252 times
My fiance makes a very good living, but he could be more loving. He is very shut down do to the issues with his mothers relationships, and his past. He works way too much and neglects me quite a bit, but all in all he is amazing when he wants to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships