Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times

Advertisements

I agree on the trust issue but....lots of things were left out.
It was stated that the female was head over heals but not the male.
If the feelings were mutual then they need to have a long talk. The male that's claiming to be bi-sexual needs to decide if he's ready to be in an exclusive relationship with a female or vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,641,594 times
I think if I were in that situation and the guy confessed to me that he is "bi". I'd have to end the relationship. For several reasons that have already been brought up but yes, I'd have to end it. I'd want at some point to not have to worry about safe sex and never could. Its hard enough having women as competition and you'd be always wondering if your man was checking out women AND men.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
My number one problem would be the lack of trust. If he doesn't trust me enough to tell me earlier than a year into the relationship that he's bi-sexual,what else is he hiding? Then comes the issue of would we he be able to be in a monogamous relationship or would we have to be in an "open" relationship? Has he been with men during the time we've been dating?

I couldn't do it just because of the trust issues.
Oh that's pure BS. We all have issues we keep hidden from prospective partners. Bisexuals are no more prone to infidelity than anyone else. Being bisexual doesn't equate to having to worry about whether or not they'll cheat on you.

Have you told your partner every horrible thing you've done, or about every person you've dated? Rarely do people do so. Being bisexual isn't any order of magnitude higher than anything else on the list of things we don't share with people we've dated for a year.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:31 PM

28 posts, read 67,174 times
I would worry about the things he is able to get from guys that I am unable to provide him with! Will this eventually lead him to infidelity? I've been in the situation where I thought my guy was bi (or gay), but he would not admit to it. I wouldn't expect a guy to tell you before a year because is it worth it for him? They don't know how you would react... In my personal experience, it made me feel inadequate. I was extremely insecure about all that I wasn't capable of providing him that perhaps a dude could. AND maybe he wasn't really gay and my own insecurities (& questioning it) ended that one! ha ha!!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
lol it won't work out believe me. I'm gay and know everything about anything.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:58 PM

Yes it does. I don't have my scientific formulas to prove it yet but maybe SifuPhil does....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Oh that's pure BS. We all have issues we keep hidden from prospective partners. Bisexuals are no more prone to infidelity than anyone else. Being bisexual doesn't equate to having to worry about whether or not they'll cheat on you.

Have you told your partner every horrible thing you've done, or about every person you've dated? Rarely do people do so. Being bisexual isn't any order of magnitude higher than anything else on the list of things we don't share with people we've dated for a year.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Yes you are right. The openly bisexual people I know are extremely unreliable and immature that swing back and forth. Break relationships off to go out with another gender, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
If it's been a year and he hasn't made mention of this til now? Hmmm, I agree with Broderhol, I'm not sure where I stand on this issue, either. If he's bisexual wouldnt he get the urge to go back and forth? If this is the case, his SO would need to keep herself protected. Tough Call....

Old 09-04-2008, 04:45 PM

79 posts, read 331,208 times
RUN. Actually kick his a** then run.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderhol View Post
Some people believe that you are either straight or homosexual and that bi-sexuality doesn't really exist. In other words, some say they are bi-sexual because they aren't comfortable enough to admit to others or themselves that they are homosexual. I'm not sure where I personally fall on this issue, but I have many male homosexual friends that feel this way. I suppose I would trust their instincts and leave. I've seen some of those TV stories where they are married to the perfect man for 20 years until one day they find out he's attracted to other men. Can you imagine how horrible that would be?
Yeah, I knew personally somebody who "discovered" he was gay after marriage and 2 kids...

To answer the original question - no way, Jose.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:23 PM

81 posts, read 261,734 times
Default Have Fun

I would say have fun with him but nowadays it's just too dangerous. Honesty is a good thing. He didn't have to tell you. But leave that alone, unless you are down with that type of thing????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships