Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 PM

268 posts, read 817,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sex is sex people. IF you associate love with sex then you have problems that you need to work out with yourself before you involve a penis or a man for that matter.
Yup. You can want to have sex with someone and not love them and love someone and not want to have sex with them. I think the two are exclusive of each other. I learned that the sex urge is located in the same part of the brain as the craving for food. It's a human function and totally natural. It's our social customs that make the sex angle complicated and very difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 07:23 PM

303 posts, read 1,385,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
Yup. You can want to have sex with someone and not love them and love someone and not want to have sex with them. I think the two are exclusive of each other. I learned that the sex urge is located in the same part of the brain as the craving for food. It's a human function and totally natural. It's our social customs that make the sex angle complicated and very difficult.
Very well said. And true.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:29 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,466 times
Well hey, if you're ever in Saginaw, Michigan then you found one. Just sayin...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:42 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzumom View Post
OK, so pretty much like the title says my question is what is the best way/how a gal in her early 20's finds a friend with benefits? I have had two "relationships" (if you can call FWB that) before.. problem is every guy I have ever been involved with I met through work. That just isn't going to happen at my current job.

After the past 2 years of being in a aggonizing drama filled on/off relationship with the wrong guy all I really want right now is to take care of my needs (yeah I'll admit that) and go out a little. Just not the whole commitment thing. I need my space. Seems like I keep finding the guys that want commitment. (That's why I no longer have the two previous FWB's).

How do I weed out guys looking for the same thing???
I haven't read all the responses and I'm sure that someone has probably said something very similar, but...

Just ask.

For example:

YOU: "Excuse me, sir, I'm looking for a man to satisfy my needs with no strings attached. Are you interested?"

MAN: "Yes."

Done and done.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:53 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
hahahaha.....for a girl this is easy yes.....for a guy, probably not so much.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 AM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,719 times
Hmmm.. interesting thread. I've glanced through the responses.. and it seems a lot of people are equating friends with benefits with a one night stand. While both are casual sex, they are quite different in my book.

A ONS is just that - one night of sex with someone you probably just met. And that is what you are likely to find on sites like craigslist and AdultFriendFinder. Nothign wrong with that of course - but the OP asked for FWB, not a ONS.

FWB, of course, is sex between friends with no strings attached. It may be someone you already know, or it may be someone you meet for this purpose. Generally though, with FWB, there's more there than just the sex, namely, a friendship of some kind. You may hang out together, etc. The advantage of this is it is less random (you know the person at least a bit) and a bit more trusting (and safer from a "this guy/gal is a creepy psycho" standpoint). Oh, and if its good, you can keep doing it . The danger though, is that one party will try to develop it into more. That just has to be guarded against, and if that starts to happen, the "benefits" must end right away. Keep in mind FWB is generally not considered exclusive, unless it is agreed otherwise.

And of course, sex buddies are in between - people you have sex with more than once, but that's really all you do together.

To me, FWB is an ideal setup, and even a sex buddy is better than a ONS. As for the OP's problem - its easy to find guys who want to have a ONS with you, but may be harder to find guys who want to go the FWB route. A lot of guys want to do the deed, and move on. So your best bet may be to talk to some of your guy friends... don't ask them for sex directly, but maybe something like "you'd think it'd be easier for a girl to find a friend with benefits." If they are interested, they'll follow up . Be aware though, it has the POTENTIAL to mess up a friendship. There's no need for that to happen, but it can, so it may be something you don't want to do with really close friends, unless you're pretty sure you can both handle it.

That all being said, if you are anywhere near Virginia, look me up . I'm always looking to meet new friends, and benefits are welcome too!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
LOL usually I don't want to have sex with somebody I hate or dislike. I mean how pitiful do you have to be to scout out a person you hate to have sex with? That is pretty pitiful. Sex is an activity you use with people you really like or love. Duh. Let's use some common sense here. Why do want to have no strings attached sex? I mean how lame is that? Are you that bored or that desperate?

Just because the sexual urge is similar to that of a craving for food doesn't mean you use people for sex. Just like I don't use people for food....I don't use people for sex even though it is a "natural craving" lol...lets be real and mature here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sex is sex people. IF you associate love with sex then you have problems that you need to work out with yourself before you involve a penis or a man for that matter.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:30 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,644 times
shihtzumom -Chances are that you probably already know the guy. Who do you just hang out with? Just make sure that they're not one of those guys who have to brag about everyone they've been with and you're set.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
at 20 it can work and makes a lot of sense. a generous non live in BF can work very well.
what does not work is 60 year old women lookin for a sugar daddy (yes yes even a young sugar daddy, high hopes yes indeed!!! lol). whole lota 2's lookin for a 10.
(kinda like a FSBO 1st 9 million takes it)

Old 09-24-2008, 10:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
I have a hard time (no pun intended) believeing this request.

I've always heard that, with one of these arrangements, the woman ultimately ends up thinking "but I've fallen in love with you. I couldn't help myself." Very sappy. The man usually can keep the same frame at mind at the beginning and at the end of the arrangement. My 2 cents.

Bottom line: don't get into these relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships