Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:30 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,393,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I guess attractive women can afford themselves to be superficial because many people already assume them to be superficial (because they can't believe that beautiful women can have brains too).
Unattractive women have learned through life experience how superficial men can be.
Especially when the boys are trying to impress a very attractive woman.
I speak from experience here. They don't believe brains come in a package with breasts either. I can't even count the number of converstaions I've had at work where the guy never looked at my eyes. It doesn't happen anymore, thank goodness. One of the perks of middle age is that men stop looking at you that way. It's also one of the things that sucks about middle age
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 12:32 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,569,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
One of the perks of middle age is that men stop looking at you that way.
I haven't, but then I'm quite superficial...

Old 09-07-2008, 12:34 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,623,952 times
I would agree with this to a degree in both genders. I would not consider it "superficial" though, arrogance in varying degrees depending upon the individual, yes. Does not mean the individual does not possess friendly, down-to-Earth and good-natured qualities, however.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:37 PM

85 posts, read 333,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
True. I've met some stunningly attractive women,who were as down-to-earth as can be.
I've also met some,who thought the world should bow down to them.

Ya never know.
I'm a contradiction, I resemble both of those remarks.

Just kidding, I'm not stunning and I only think men should bow down to me.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 PM

333 posts, read 997,586 times
Some are, some are not. It just depends on the person.

To me, the most attractive woman is the one that does not act like she is gods gift to man. One who has developed a personally apart from her looks.

Is looking good important. Yes, but, it is not all consuming, over time looks fade.

In a way it is funny, especially with the younger girls. The one's that think they will look that way for ever. Cause we all know time spares no one. There will come a point in their lives where they won't garner the attention they were used to. It tends to be an eye opening experience for them, even more so if they have not developed a personality that not based on appearance.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:41 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,328,871 times
I find that guys who I consider good looking, in their 30s and early 40s don't have any interest in me (I'm 40), and the overweight 50 somethings are the only ones contacting me on the online dating sites. I'm not a supermodel by any stretch, but my ex-boyfriends all think I'm pretty. I take care of myself, exercise, and am a healthy size 8 (with healthy sized b**bs as well) but I think younger good looking guys (and some of the older ones) are still fixated on the Hollywood stereotype and only want the size 2 stick figures.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,179,550 times
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler
Quote:
They don't believe brains come in a package with breasts either. I can't even count the number of converstaions I've had at work where the guy never looked at my eyes.
I can relate.
But I wouldn't call myself middle aged.
I acknowledge that when I was a bit younger I had a godly trained body, but now I only have a divine body.
Now that I'm older ( and hopefully also wiser) I don't see the need anymore to impress the ladies with a divine 6-pack and impeccable pecs.
I've traded my athletic body in for Shakespeare’s wits, its less physically exhausting and I get the same results anywayz.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,569,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I've traded my athletic body in for Shakespeare’s wits, its less physically exhausting and I get the same results anywayz.
Some of us prefer to keep both at the same time...

Old 09-07-2008, 12:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,912,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
And they've added a healthy dose of modesty to the mix, too!

Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,179,550 times
Originally Posted by SifuPhil
Quote:
I confess to rather be lazy than tired.
Why spend energy if it isn't necessary.

Originally Posted by sierraAZ
Quote:
And they've added a healthy dose of modesty to the mix, too!
I myself cannot stand false modesty in myself or others so I'm far from being modest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships