Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,635 times

Advertisements

Oh my, I hope it's not true, because if it is, I must be one of God's ugliest creations!

Ok, I said "one of" and not "the", because I do enjoy interior design, some make up and books...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,088 times
Actually, that statement implies that all women who are unattractive are aware of the fact they are unattractive. I think we all know someone who didn't get the memo about their looks. Think about it, if you're a parent sooner or later you'll have to come to the realization that your child was not blessed in the looks department. So what do you do? You buy him/her all the latest clothes and gadgets so that they will not made fun of at school. After all, I don't care how unattractive you are, in H.S. most are superficial and kids are judged mostly on what they have not what they look like. So this person who has all the friends (none of whom has told her she's unattractive because they want to borrow her new Manolos and want to ride in her new car), is basically being told that her worth is connected to what she has. Making her just as superficial as anyone else, and she'll take that attitude with her well into her 20's.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM

168 posts, read 378,527 times
I tend to runnnnnnn fastttt the other way when I see the model types because i know most of them are basically beautiful vessels (statues), and nothing more. Ive always been attracted to the cute girl next door type (the plain jane if you will), who is kind, warm hearted, down to earth and has alot of love inside her heart to give. To me those kinds of women are the true treasures.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
the opportunity is there, but you can be a jerk and be ugly too.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:56 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,815 times
I would have to say no the majority of attractive women are not more superficial than anyone else.

Since we're talking generalizations here, in my experience it's easy to spot superficial women, they tend to wear much more make-up than down-to-earth women. I can almost guarantee that if you find a woman who runs out to the store without worrying about putting on make-up. Then you've just found a woman who is not superficial about her own looks or status and is far less likely to be superficial about other people's looks or status.

Of course if you're only meeting up with these women at work or bars/clubs i.e. places people want to look their best because they know they might meet someone, then you'll never know. Even a down-to-earth woman is going to doll herself up when she's going out on the town or being presentable at work.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:33 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Yes they are very superficial and conceited too. The prettier they are the more they think they're God's gift to men.
I used to work at a Victoria's Secret. I met some of the nicest ladies in my life and most were no less than 9 out of 10's.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:03 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know that is a very broad statement and a huge generalization. But it has been my experience that many of the attractive women I have meet or worked with seem to be more superficial and certainly more materialistic than so-called unattractive women. Also the attractive women usually have an over inflatted opinion of themselves.

I know someone is going to say it, so I'll put it out there now: I know attractive means different things to different people. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.whew.

What has been you experiences?

I'd think it depends on how the person sees herself-- less about being materialistic than about thinking her looks can get her anything/anyone she wants, with no effort or contribution on her part

Old 05-09-2009, 06:01 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I used to work at a Victoria's Secret. I met some of the nicest ladies in my life and most were no less than 9 out of 10's.
That's because they were working they had to be nice. Or they would be fired.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Yes they are very superficial and conceited too. The prettier they are the more they think they're God's gift to men.
Not all. Some women are very low maintenance - such as myself. Not a jewelry girl or a spa type (drives me nuts). However, I do have a rather expensive hobby - riding horses.

Many men mistake confidence/assertiveness for vanity - when in fact it has nothing to do with looks. I have been accused of being vain - but really it is just confidence as well as being comfortable in my own skin.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Are "attractive" women more superficial than "unattractive" women?

What has been you experiences?
Absolutely not. You cannot judge a persons character by how they appear on the outside. I think a lot of unattractive women would like people to believe the attractive women are more superficial (and more intellectually challenged) than unattractive women but I dont think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships