Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times

Advertisements

Yep, T.P., well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 03:37 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
You know it's the one the moment your eyes meet and lock. And it is far and away a huge difference from lusting after someone. It's knowing that you are connected and nothing can change that. It is love in a deeper form because of that connection. Some people don't understand it, some don't believe it exists, or others wish it did.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Or is it something achieved over years of time, something that changes from lust to love, a mixture of lust and respect, someone under glass that isn't perfect but has undeniable qualities that keep you in aw?
for the lucky (or deserving... however you look at it) ones

Quote:
Is it an illusion, an illusion that lasts a lifetime or an illusion that is short lived?
for the rest

Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
You know it's the one the moment your eyes meet and lock
Do you have your own anecdotal evidence of it? If you do, how long has it been? Because in my experience "locked eyes" have been nothing but trouble.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
Well, sierraAZ, I speak from first hand experience. Not trying to sound mushy, but this is what actually happened to me or us - we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. And, to top it off, we work together, too. :-)

Old 09-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Well, sierraAZ, I speak from first hand experience. Not trying to sound mushy, but this is what actually happened to me or us - we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. And, to top it off, we work together, too. :-)
Wow, that's impressive - particularly working together, too... Good for you!

I still believe you're more the exception than the rule in those instant deals, though.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:06 PM

123 posts, read 295,520 times
many definitions of what love is, but i like this one in particular

" Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you." - Dr Wayne Dyer

he also said "love is the art of giving. it ask nothing in return". i have had the pleasure of being involved with a young mother of 6. she taught me many lessons on unconditional love. it's so beautiful to feel that kind of love and to give that kind of love

Old 09-08-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furry_playstation View Post
many definitions of what love is, but i like this one in particular

" Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you." - Dr Wayne Dyer

he also said "love is the art of giving. it ask nothing in return". i have had the pleasure of being involved with a young mother of 6. she taught me many lessons on unconditional love. it's so beautiful to feel that kind of love and to give that kind of love
I don't think the OP had maternal and paternal love in mind.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:09 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
This is a blog I posted, and a bit of why I Know Love:

I was sick as a dog a few days ago, couldn't get out of bed, couldn't even keep water down, you know how that goes.

I felt so bad, I couldn't even think straight, so my boyfriend took care of business for me. He made phone calls for me, made sure my dog was walked, and came up to bed to rub my tummy and see if I needed anything.

Later, when I was able to navigate myself from my bed upstairs to the sofa downstairs, he reassured me that all of the household chores would be done and to just lay down and relax. Then he cooked a sicky-appropriate meal of eggs and dry toast, and urged me to get something in my stomach, if possible.

The gentle tone of voice, the caring, the easing of my mind while my body tried to recuperate, truly made me feel loved.

That is how it's done.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:19 PM

123 posts, read 295,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't think the OP had maternal and paternal love in mind.
unconditional love is not restricted to mom and pop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships