Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM

24 posts, read 62,865 times

Advertisements

Ok, Granted the plans were set before I became her boyfriend. But, wouldnt you think he could afford to find a hotel room for the two nights? We decided to be exclusive just a week before he is to arrive. She hasnt told him about me yet but says they are just very good friends. They are going out to dinner and to see a theater act also. I wasnt invited to any of this nor was there plans to introduce me to her ex. She says they are friends and no romantic feelings exist between them.
QUESION? Am i expecting too much to be included in the dinner plans? or maybe be introduced? She thinks because this has my concern that maybe we shouldnt see each other. She has told me in the past before this that she felt blessed to find me and she sees a future with us... etc....

Last edited by Tonythetigerman; 09-08-2008 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: need more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I dunno. I'd think about any relationship that made me feel as marginalized as you are feeling now. Tell her how you feel. If she picks the comfort of her ex over your comfort, move on.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
If I were you, I would think very strongly about being serious about this woman. If she wants to be serious about you, she has no business either not telling this ex about you or going out with him and telling you that it's your problem that you are concerned about this. She wants to have her cake and eat it.......Give her an ultimatum. it's you or the ex. No sharing.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,681,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonythetigerman View Post
Ok, Granted the plans were set before I became her boyfriend. But, wouldnt you think he could afford to find a hotel room for the two nights? We decided to be exclusive just a week before he is to arrive. She hasnt told him about me yet but says they are just very good friends. They are going out to dinner and to see a theater act also. I wasnt invited to any of this nor was there plans to introduce me to her ex. She says they are friends and no romantic feelings exist between them.
She's lying. Run for the hills!

Okay, maybe she's not lying, but this sounds like an icky situation. On top of him staying over, why does she need to go out on a date with him? Because that's what it sounds like, a date. And if he doesn't know about you, is it possible that she's leading him on and he thinks there may be a chance for them to reunite? I mean, why hasn't she told him about you? The whole thing sounds disrespectful of you and your relationship, IMO.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 AM

333 posts, read 999,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonythetigerman View Post
QUESION? Am i expecting too much to be included in the dinner plans? or maybe be introduced? She thinks because this has my concern that maybe we shouldnt see each other. She has told me in the past before this that she felt blessed to find me and she sees a future with us... etc....
In the words of Homey The Clown - "I don't think so"!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Squirrel, Please! I love it when s/o's pull that crap and that get defensive if you get upset and say "you don't trust me". Have a serious talk. Even if nothing is going on, it shows a profound lack of respect for you.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Pretty sketchy...think twice.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:06 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,414 times
You need to tell her.."Hell to the no!!"

Old 09-08-2008, 12:17 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,486 times
This is a sticky situation. Granted, your GF can't just change the plan that the exhubby has made ONE WEEK prior to him arriving here from China.

BUT, what she should have done is this:

1. Get on the phone w/ exhubby and tell HIM that SHE has YOU as her new BF,
2. Invite YOU, the new BF, out to dinner and the theater along w/ her and the exhubby.
3. If the exhubby does not like the idea of going w/ you as her new BF, then SHE should cancel the dinner and theater plans.

Question (and this may help answer your question, TONY): Is your new GF Asian?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,199 times
She has no respect for you. The very least she could do is introduce you. If I were you, I would think twice about being involved with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships