Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You should be kind to those that are slower than normal.
Oh artsy, you are like the sweet, silly, loveable Jack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 11:16 PM

371 posts, read 894,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Oh artsy, you are like the sweet, silly, loveable Jack
More like Micheal from "The Boys in the Band."

Old 09-09-2008, 06:03 AM

9 posts, read 34,249 times
Yes I have retained a lawyer and all utilities are in her name, and she must pay the mortgage, if not, she will be held in comtempt and go to jail.

Too boring? I worked to provide for my family. I gave her all the things she said she "wanted". Raising a family is not always exciting...

Anyone have any thoughts on how this new relationship might turn out? I know I should not be bothered by it, but sometimes I wonder. I hate having him around my son........

Old 09-09-2008, 06:30 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
You DID what??? You LET her have the house? oh boy. Ok, well I sure hope YOUR name isn't on the mortgage!!

Do you have kids? If not, get her out of the house, do it the right way and have her buy your half out if you are both on the mortgage. If not, then sell it and she can go live with her new b/f somewhere else. By the way, I'm a woman and have been divorced before.

You don't just walk away and give in that easy, sorry babe. You worked for the house, you make her work to get out of it.

Also, in my opinion, she has probably been doing this guy forever, you should get yourself tested for an STD and then count yourself lucky that you found out.
Good luck.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpdad View Post
[SIZE=3]My wife left me for another man, a co-worker of hers. She has been involved with him for I don't know how long and had the affair in our house after she insisted that we separate to "find herself". [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]What are the chances this new romance will last? Why would a woman do this? Even she says I was a good husband. New boyfriend has exciting job. [/SIZE]
People do not do things for one reason, but for many...but I will say this, if it isn't in a person to run around, they won't. It sickens me to think that people are so selfish, they first won't consider the consequences of their actions to everyone else involved...spouse, children, parents, friends, etc. They literally break the hearts of so many people. I have always advised, if the marriage is really that bad, then leave first before going out with someone else.

I also have a problem with someone who jumps in and out of relationships...very unhealthy!

Will it last...there is no way of saying, but the odds are definately against it lasting, but I don't believe that should be your biggest concern. Your biggest concern is, that you must consentrate on healing, getting counciling...and learn how to move on....(which shouldn't involve another woman) right now, dating should be your last thought.

do you have children? If you do, I surely hope for their sake, they will get through this with much support and care.

I have been where you are now...and it is devestating to learn that your trust and love has been violated.

Sending along many good thoughts

Hugs to you
Creme

Old 09-09-2008, 07:05 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Yes I have retained a lawyer and all utilities are in her name, and she must pay the mortgage, if not, she will be held in comtempt and go to jail.

Too boring? I worked to provide for my family. I gave her all the things she said she "wanted". Raising a family is not always exciting...

Anyone have any thoughts on how this new relationship might turn out? I know I should not be bothered by it, but sometimes I wonder. I hate having him around my son........
You need to take your son with you............and/or have a "conversation" with the boyfriend........

Old 09-09-2008, 07:21 AM

9 posts, read 34,249 times
The dissolution agreement we have prepared states that she needs to pay for the house...The house must be put up for sale and she must make best efforts to sell. She has agreed to take on majority of debt. She has made this real easy for me, no child support, no alimony, I keep my 401k and I get 1/2 equity in the house once is sells (approx. $40k). I also get shared physical and legal custody of our son. She has a daughter, my step-daughter who I raised since she was 3 and is now 9, and she won't let me see her....All of this because she feels guilty or is affraid I will fight for full custody of our son (which I was considering doing).

Old 09-09-2008, 07:21 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:

sounds like you have it together as far as the house and stuff.My gut feeling tells me you were a good guy to her,she just flaked out.

It would be sweet if her new guy doesn't work out and she came crawling back to you,so you could tell her to F off.I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:18 AM

667 posts, read 2,888,209 times
NoMarriage.com - honest marriage and relationship advice for men.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I know right now you are devastated but it will pass. Like others have said, once you recover move on with life. If you are a vengeful person, the best revenge is to lead a better life now with her out of the picture. That way, when her current relationship fails she will see you as being successful and try to make up with her. By then, you will be able to tell her to go pound some sand

Old 09-09-2008, 08:25 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
Sorry Impdad - I agree, move on! Start finding your happiness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships