Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I do have the following products in my bathroom:

Clinique Clarifying cleanser #2
Clinique Dramatically different Moisturizing lotion
L'Occitane products - Lots of stuff
American Crew hair products - leave in conditioner, styling gel, daily shampoo, conditioner.
L'Oreal - shampoo and conditioner
Lots and lots of cologne and aftershave
L'Occitane - shower oil
Bath sponges, loofahs (sp)
Waterpiks, electric toothbrushes, different mouthwashes and toothpastes.

But this is just the basic stuff that all guys need right?
Is this for real? That's way more than any guy should ever need. A woman will often judge a man by what she finds in his medicine cabinet. In bathroom, you'll find the following:

Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Dental Floss
Bar Soap
Shaving Cream
Razor
Deodorant
Lotion
Q-Tips
Chap Stick
Hairspray

That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I'n my opinion, healthy skin comes from how you eat. It has little to do with products...I load up on fresh fruits, veggies, limit dairy and red meats, but do enjoy chewing on a steak from time to time, I also juice fresh pressed juices, the works. My skin stays in fine shape and I know it is from the diet.
I agree 100%. I used to have skin problems and tried all kinds of products. It was only after I cleaned up my diet that I noticed my skin improving. Now, whenever I have skin issues, I immediately think back to what I ate recently. All the special soaps and creams are a waste. Skin is a reflection of what's going on inside you. A lot of people don't realize it, but even "healthy" dairy is known to cause acne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 02:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Is this for real? That's way more than any guy should ever need. A woman will often judge a man by what she finds in his medicine cabinet. In bathroom, you'll find the following:

Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Dental Floss
Bar Soap
Shaving Cream
Razor
Deodorant
Lotion
Q-Tips
Chap Stick
Hairspray

That's it.

You had me thinking it would be the perfect, all-inclusive list of what a man needs in the medicine cabinet to not be considered "fouffy". Until I got to the hairspray. That killed it.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I'n my opinion, healthy skin comes from how you eat. It has little to do with products. I'll refrain from name calling, but given your list, your a little......shall we say metro. I loud up on fresh fruits, veggies, limit dairy and red meats, but do enjoy chewing on a steak from time to time, I also juice fresh pressed juices, the works. My skin stays in fine shape and I know it is from the diet. All I use to wash is shampoo and soap.
Ha I just like to keep the ladies happy thats all so I stay in good shape.

I totally agree with you on the importance of the food we eat. Thats why I keep a rather clean and healthy diet. I do splurge on beer and burgers on Monday night football or PPV fight nights but other than that, my diet is pretty much better than your average person.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:28 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
Quote:
Ha I just like to keep the ladies happy thats all so I stay in good shape.
okay.....somone get the boots.....it's about knee high in here right now

Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You had me thinking it would be the perfect, all-inclusive list of what a man needs in the medicine cabinet to not be considered "fouffy". Until I got to the hairspray. That killed it.
Oh, crap! I didn't see the hairspray, either! Cross that off the list and you're good to go. No self-respecting man should ever have hairspray in his cabinet, unless he's keeping it there for any female who happens to wander by!

Old 09-09-2008, 02:50 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I would prefer not to use it. But I have the kind of hair that I can't train and I have to use some spray just to keep it from looking like a mop. But it's the light kind and doesn't look like an oil slick.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locest View Post
Do they like the physical characteristics of a man who is a "metrosexual" or no? I read an article and many women said that they love it because they are tired of their husbands who don't take care of their appearance as well as their body? I keep my haircut,go to the gym 4 to 6 times a week and have my eyebrows waxed every month and a half so they always look done
I like my man old, distinguished and gray hair is fine. Young boys have nothing on older men!! PS, I am 44. My last BF was 55. He looked great however!!

Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
We have something in common I like older guys too; however, not that old. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I like my man old, distinguished and gray hair is fine. Young boys have nothing on older men!! PS, I am 44. My last BF was 55. He looked great however!!

Old 09-09-2008, 03:30 PM

28 posts, read 67,177 times
artsyguy you are hilarious!! I will skip over tons of comments but never yours You always make me laugh.. ha ha!!

Old 09-11-2008, 01:56 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Sorry, I'm with the Cowboy. There is absolutely no reason for a man to wax anything. I can understand trimming of eyebrows, but waxing....uh, no!

Yeah, let the women do all the painful things to look beautiful for the guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships