Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

dude Jonathan you need to start dating and making out with some dudes man.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
they also did a study separately that the West Coast in general was flush with single guys, while the East was flush with single girls

The girls up there who think they are hot stuff are funny too because down here in L.A. they get knocked down to size fast.
I think USA Today or the home page of MSN profiled this topic and said that:
The largest quantity of single eligible men were in 1) L.A. and 2) San Jose.
The largest quantity of single eligible women were in 1) Philadelphia and 2)Baltimore.
I don't remember if it elaborated as to why and it can't possibly comment on "quality," but Westerners don't tend to move East very often.

Yep, I thought the same thing, if these PDX girls were in LA, Atlanta, Dallas or Florida, they'd have to get off their "high horse" real fast. Tom Leykus calls Portland "Porkland" and has a major issue with Seattle, too.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:43 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Yeah I have heard girls in Dallas are gorgeous, haha, never been to Texas so far, though, which I would like to do one day anyway. I need some sort of reason to go, though, a conference or something along those lines.

It's true, the most single guys are in Western cities, and the most single girls in Eastern cities. I also heard Philly, but New York has a large number of single women, so do almost all of the major Eastern cities, it's very strange. Seeing the U.S. map with singles listed, it was surprising, like seeing the excess of single women on the East, and the dearth of them on the West. I love the West Coast, too, but that's not encouraging.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,033 times
So when he says that girls aren't impressed by logical thinking, boy, I know that first hand, most girls aren't logical at all. But I am. Intensely logical and rational, and with no tolerance for much besides that. I don't like feelings, and I don't like seeing other people's feelings, unless it's my baseball team celebrating victory, that's the only feeling I want to see. Laughter and happiness, great. The rest, no thanks. Not interested. So his "solutions" are a deal-breaker to me, I don't want to find girls where the key to success is being stupider and more emotional or something. I'll pass. I'd rather be working, where I truly feel in my element, I truly feel like myself and like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, or watching TV and relaxing. Girls are not worth the price he wants smart guys to pay.

The other sickening thing is this whole "being able to handle the tests that women throw at you" -- women don't get to throw tests at me. I get to test them. They don't get to choose me. I choose them. It doesn't work the way that this guy thinks it does, at least not in my book. If I had to wait until I was 50 years old, a multi-multi-millionaire, famous, successful, and powerful before I could tip the odds in my favor so that I would be the guy a chick wants, so be it. I am not playing on anyone else's terms, only mine. I don't play by other people's rules. So this whole idea that I'm going to be excited about "passing a test" by a girl, no thanks. Nobody holds the power over me.

To be fair, he's right that you have to make fun of girls and tease them, not put them on a pedestal, but I don't do that "as a game" anymore, I do it because that's actually how I prefer to behave anyway. I don't like kissing anyone's butt, and girls have ticked me off enough in the past that it's not hard to make fun of them anyway. That's why people give you this, "Well you'll find the greatest girl when you're expecting it the least." No, it's just that you will try, try, and try again to be nice to girls, and keep getting shot down, and finally get angry and give up, and tell the next girl who comes along to screw off, and for some reason she'll like you for it because "you're different." And you have no idea what just happened but when you weren't trying, you succeeded. It's not hard to understand.

Now if there is a girl who defies these silly games, maybe she is worth it
....[/quote].................................................. ............................................

WELL I GUESS U CANT ACCEPT BEING WRONG DUDE u are the perfect example so yes u are exactly what the guy describes ,

choosing a girl?so she has no control over you?

well i am a girl and beleive me when i feel a guy wants to be in control driven by his arrogance i will dismiss him before he blinks his eyes,play by his rules?that is a so turn off attitude i can not even stand people of that kind the only they might manage is make me run from the opposite direction i like honest approach from both parties but i sappose u prefer stupid women who will accept ur rules cause only a woman with issues n low self esteem would run behind such a man ,so stupid women:controled pretty easy.

hmmm if u dont like emotions then get a robot or a doll they will smile u every time u push their button.they have no expenses nor they nag.even easier for men who don tlike responsibilities hahahah

thing is i am just dealing with a person this kind and i just realised it cause he was really confusing and he is the most weirdo i ever met
he tried put me his rules and he thinks he makes the choosing with out actually trying to show me any quality he possess ,so then why should i try pursue such a person????the only he achive by that make me really aggressive towards him
in my opinion he is extremellyyyyy insecure&proude (deadly combo) and he dont like to be ruled by any girl cause of his arrogance,he wants to be in control,and he is so disgusting logic freaks me out !! thats why he can not find any girl to settle down. no wonder why hahahah,he dismiss all the girls early on like he is greek god or like i dunno whatt by the way he is really succsesful in bussiness plus he has looks above average. but while i was in germany to get to know him a bit better i notice he had hard time to get me!hahahah i notice that especially on emotional level,he is a german guy so even worse i am south europian(greek)so we kinda operate with more emotion.

now as long as the girls test guys those tests are so subtle that u dont even notice them he is correct ,i might do that,bu mr smaty guy of this forum propably took it all so wrong here,the article means subtle tests like some questions or u test the guy like wait what he will do or say or comment ecc
so in my case i test them by fair rules never play them with stupid games ,like play hard to get or what ever.that is what mr right of the forum thought propably.
SO gyes listen, girls dont like jerks THEY LIKE CONFIDENT PEOPLE but unfortunatelly happens many guys who are jerks give a faulse image of confidence cause usually they are arrogant and there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence personaly i adore confident men who put barriers and have self respect but also know how to treat to other people too that is so damn charming a confident man a good man should make u a better person and never ever try disrespect you either worship you!
never talked to bush like ms right and i am just a simple hair dresser...

p.s sorry if my english are not that good!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:06 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I just get a bunch of sales links when I click the link.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
Its an old post.. so the article is probably no longer residing there...

Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carina81gr View Post
So when he says that girls aren't impressed by logical thinking, boy, I know that first hand, most girls aren't logical at all. But I am. Intensely logical and rational, and with no tolerance for much besides that. I don't like feelings, and I don't like seeing other people's feelings, unless it's my baseball team celebrating victory, that's the only feeling I want to see. Laughter and happiness, great. The rest, no thanks. Not interested. So his "solutions" are a deal-breaker to me, I don't want to find girls where the key to success is being stupider and more emotional or something.
You sound incredibly irrational and emotional here...
Women are not illogical, we just prefer someone who is not emotionally retarded.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,181,447 times
It seems like the Jonathan guy isn't emotionally retarded, and you may agree he's not. I get his point though. His point is guys should be themselves and be confident in themselves. Because girls are dancing, a guy shouldn't dance. A guy should dance because he likes to dance. If a guy is prodded into doing something he doesn't enjoy, it's going to show and he'll stick out like a sore thumb. If his strength is standing off to the side and making conversation, he should do that instead of dancing.

I don't mean to make the whole thing about dancing, but I thought that provided a good example of his exact point. There's no need to adapt one's likes and dislikes to impress a girl if you're a normal functioning person in society.

I don't think he's looking to control someone either. I think he's just saying it's important to be accepted as who you are and the guy should also reciprocate and accept a girl for who she is if they're compatible.

Here's another example. I'm not the tallest guy, about 5'4''. I wouldn't say I've been the most successful with girls, but I have some standards and integrity. I'm built well but not bulky. If a girl looked at a standard 6 ft tall guy she found impressive and said "give me the 5'4'' version of that" (I know, that doesn't really happen, just go with it for the example), that's how I'm built. It was suggested that I bulk up my arm muscles to attract more women, and I shot it down. I run several days a week, like to do 5ks and marathons, and I don't think having overly bulky arms will help that. Basically I have to be taken how I am. If a girl doesn't like me for being a well proportioned 5'4'' and enjoying my favorite hobby, but will take me for having moderately larger arms and being unsuccessful with my favorite hobby, well she's really not worth my time. It's not that she has to play by my rules, but I have to do what makes me happy, not just what makes "her" or whoever I'm not even currently dating happy.

I think that's all Jonathan's point is.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,424 times
I am like my grandmother. It all depends on the person, when they say everyone has different taste, I believe it. My grandmother was a hot bombshell when she was my age and intelligent men grabbed her attention very fast. She married my grandfather who was an intelligent man and he wanted her because she was well, HOT. He divorced her and remarried a 2nd wife who was not so good looking but intelligent enough for him to talk to. My grandmother remarried a 2nd husband where his intelligence out shines my grandfathers. Both grandparents have been married to their 2nd spouse for around 40 years; Hot woman with Smart man worked out, Smart woman with Smart man worked out.
Also, I do not agree with the statement that smart men are not good at picking up women... both my grandfathers are horndogs and very flirty lol.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Of course, the only way to score with women is to purchase the 300 page 'master seduction' techniques
Sounds like a scam to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships