Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,336,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
My husband and I have had numerous talk about getting separate rooms because his snoring is horrible...I don't sleep - and he doesn't because I'm constantly push him

He does on occasion sleep on the couch and it's like PURE BLISS
He doesn't have sleep apnea does he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 AM

22,201 posts, read 29,241,926 times
The bf and I sleep in separate rooms and its great. He snores really loud and Im a light sleeper. It's great because I like to sprawl and I normally end up with cat butt in my face at some point anyways. Our sex life is fine. We both get to sleep without being disturbed..

Old 09-13-2008, 09:37 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,238,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
My hubby also snores like a freight train and to be honest, I'm a total witch if I don't get enough sleep. [...]
I found several years ago that it was MUCH easier to just go to the guest room to sleep than to try to deal with the snoring. He isn't happy with the situation because he thinks we should sleep together, [...]
Isn't this funny? I read it all the time. The men snore, yet complain when the women leave.

My husband and I are married since 22 years and sleep seperately since 10 years. It has not affected our sexual relationship but improved at least MY mood because I sleep much better.
He always slept well because I do NOT snore.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:59 AM

288 posts, read 654,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You left out poked, because it is great when a guy pokes you with his light saber at night.

I concur. Enought said ....

Old 09-13-2008, 12:18 PM

79 posts, read 230,889 times
When it's due to a longstanding tension between the couple, I think it's the saddest thing to endure a married-but-separate relationship. My brother in law and his wife have lived this way for many years. Sooooooo sad for him. He's very unhappy about it.

On the other hand, my own sister and her husband are not unhappy together; they just have separate rooms due to his snoring and his smoking and her inability to sleep with any kind of normal disturbance. For instance, when we visit her, we learn first off that no one is allowed to flush the toilet if we get up in the middle of the night to urinate. It bothers her.

I thought that was ridiculous but people have their ways and their needs.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:01 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,296,591 times
Next time round it's going to be seperate rooms. When I can't sleep at nights I like to read. I also toss a lot in my sleep and sometimes snore in a not lady like fashion (there goes my image). There is also something to be said about having your own space.

Oh and the other good thing about having seperate rooms? It makes "ladies and gentlemen" time just that more interesting....think of the possiblilties .

Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 PM

754 posts, read 1,446,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
did he shart on his wife or something?

LOL!!! I have no idea, but thanks for the lovely visual (that I probably won't be able to get out of my head when I see them ).

Old 09-13-2008, 02:08 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,591,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Oh and the other good thing about having seperate rooms? It makes "ladies and gentlemen" time just that more interesting....think of the possiblilties .
"Your place or mine?"

"Time to Room-ba!"

"Come on up and see me some time..."

Old 09-13-2008, 02:48 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,974,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBB View Post
Isn't this funny? I read it all the time. The men snore, yet complain when the women leave.

My husband and I are married since 22 years and sleep seperately since 10 years. It has not affected our sexual relationship but improved at least MY mood because I sleep much better.
He always slept well because I do NOT snore.
I know - nuts, isn't it .

Hubby comes from a family of very deep sleepers, so he doesn't understand the fact that I'm woken up constantly throughout the night. He thinks I'm being 'too sensitive.' However, since I have rather unpleasant comments to make when he says this, he has ceased from saying telling me I'm too sensitive. Especially since I just bring up all the comments people have made about his snoring and the sympathy I get from anybody who hears him, i.e. "you mean you actually sleep through that noise?" I personally think sleeping separately SAVED our marriage.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:39 PM

3,490 posts, read 8,208,215 times
Last night I moved to the sofa for a while. I've been sleeping really badly this week and the slightest noise has been waking me up.
DH was a bit heavy breathy/ snorey last night, and I just couldn't take it anymore.
We normally sleep together though. I would miss cuddle time every night too much to sleep seperately.
Here's hoping I get a good night's sleep tonight. PLEASE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships