Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:16 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times

Advertisements

About 3 months ago, I was waiting for a friend of mine at this place called the Green Iguana for dinner. While waiting, this man approached me for some idle chit-chat, on his way to the restroom, I would guess. A very handsome man, very outgoing - and very cool.

My friend met me, we had dinner - and while leaving, this man and I caught each others eyes - (he was there with his twin sister and his best friend) - but neither of us made any attempt for numbers etc. But the basic physical attraction was there. . anywho - fast forwarding. . .

3-1/2 weeks ago, I was standing in line at Publix (grocery store), and guess who walked up behind me to pay for his stuff - him. We were surprised and giggled at running into each other (blah - blah - blah) and he asked for my number and email address. Gave it to him and he gave me his.

He called. Called often. A lot of often. Not just your average basic often.

We talked a couple times at length on the phone and due to his having his 2 small kids full time, getting together was posing as a challenge.

For a first meeting, he asked me if I wanted to come to his house to watch a Disney movie with him and his kids and he would cook dinner. Not appealing to me and I said thanks and declined. In my opinion, that is an inappropriate 'first time out' when we do not even know each other at all. I prefer to meet kids a bit later on, if you know what I mean. I first like to see if I can get along with someone before having the kids thrown at me.

Second time, because again, he had his kids - wanted to know if I would come over on a Saturday morning for breakfast (he cooks) with him and his kids. I explained to him how I felt about meeting his kids so soon when we had not even been out one time. he seemed to "kinda" understand.

It was THEN that I noticed - this guy TALKS SO DAMN MUCH - he just doesn't SHUT UP - and laughs after EVERY dang sentence!!!! Even after things that are NOT funny or meant to be funny. How did I not realize it until this point. All the sudden I shuddered. His sentences were like nails on a chalkboard and my expression, I just cannot even explain it.

Him: "Blah blah blah" ---HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Me------------->

Me------------->

The crap he talked about was not even exciting. For an hour he talked about how his daughter won't eat all of the waffle he makes her for breakfast and how he tries to switch it up for her and how he loves to cook and how she needs to eat more (even laughed after those sentences)----*Deep sigh* - basically, he hijacked the convo every time and it was all about him------and then that damn laugh. I couldn't hang up. I was too nice. I mean, he was SOOOOO passionate about what he talked about, I felt bad, despite the fact that my interjections were pretty much dismissed. I just hung on by a thread.

After our last one-sided conversation.....he tried calling about maybe 15X - once inviting me on Text to go to a game with him and his kids...(THE KID THING AGAIN WITHOUT US GOING OUT TOGETHER FOR ADULT TIME FIRST )....I let it all go to voice mail and I only responded to the text with "I'm sorry, I can't."

I have not called him back.

This is on my mind because before I wrote this up, he tried calling me again today and left a VM and he LAUGHED after he said, "call me back ok???"

But I wonder. Anyone ever run into someone like this before? Someone where they laugh after EVERY sentence??? Forget the parts where its all about him, I just never met anyone before where a laugh followed everything. How annoying!

And the kid thing.... I am shocked that he wanted me to meet his kids so fast before he even took me out. Does this guy want an insta-family or something? (His ex wife who lives out of state lost custody of the kids because of a drug addiction) What's up with that??? At first I was a little teensie flattered he invited me as much as it didn't sit well with me - but it became TOTALLY creepy after the 2nd and 3rd time. Follow me?

It cannot be nerves. I don't buy it. You wouldn't either if you heard it. I've laughed after something when I was really nervous - but this is not what he does. It's freaking retarded.

Why do some people do this? Do they not know? And how do you tell someone, "Hey, stop laughing after everything you say." Then it makes you look like a drip or an unhappy person that laughter annoys, which isn't the case. Have you ever told someone to stop laughing after every sentence before? Your thoughts?

PS. Yes, I will continue to avoid his calls. Noottttt interested.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Aww honey, to be honest it sounds like the man did a lot of drugs back in the day and it left his brain fried. I've known people like that. I understand how you feel. I went out on a friend date several weeks ago and the guy talked non-stop about himself and his schedule but at least he didn't laugh so much.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:39 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times
If you're not interested in him, why bother trying to figure out the laugh? It could be a million things - none of which would be important if you're not hooking up with him.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,053 times
Sounds like a lonely guy with not much social skills.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:45 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
He also sounds like a bad influence for his kids.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,053 times
Oh just noticed the calling 15 times....that is a little creepy, best to tell him an old boyfriend has come into your life.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
They must be learning from watching TV. Have you noticed how the TV anchors always smile while announcing some tragic event?! Look like totally retarded idiots.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:09 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,508 times
Yeah, someone who calls sooooo much, to me is not a good thing...

Laughing...
While on vacation,Hubby and I were at a nice restaurant in our hotel in Vegas. 4 people(3 guys, 1 girl)sit down at the table next to us. The chick laughed at EVERYTHING! My husband does the best immitation of her laugh. It wasn't a cute laugh either, obnoxious to exact. Nobody else was laughing with her either. I swear someone mentioned what they were going to get to eat, and she'd laugh. It was awful. It was a nice quiet restaurant, kinda dark, romantic(not fancy though).

Thank god we were done eating, or we would have left. It was later too so the restaurant wasn't too full so she could be heard very well. We always say that nothing is THAT funny that one needs to laugh constantly.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 AM

124 posts, read 506,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
About 3 months ago, I was waiting for a friend of mine at this place called the Green Iguana for dinner. While waiting, this man approached me for some idle chit-chat, on his way to the restroom, I would guess. A very handsome man, very outgoing - and very cool.

My friend met me, we had dinner - and while leaving, this man and I caught each others eyes - (he was there with his twin sister and his best friend) - but neither of us made any attempt for numbers etc. But the basic physical attraction was there. . anywho - fast forwarding. . .

3-1/2 weeks ago, I was standing in line at Publix (grocery store), and guess who walked up behind me to pay for his stuff - him. We were surprised and giggled at running into each other (blah - blah - blah) and he asked for my number and email address. Gave it to him and he gave me his.

He called. Called often. A lot of often. Not just your average basic often.

We talked a couple times at length on the phone and due to his having his 2 small kids full time, getting together was posing as a challenge.

For a first meeting, he asked me if I wanted to come to his house to watch a Disney movie with him and his kids and he would cook dinner. Not appealing to me and I said thanks and declined. In my opinion, that is an inappropriate 'first time out' when we do not even know each other at all. I prefer to meet kids a bit later on, if you know what I mean. I first like to see if I can get along with someone before having the kids thrown at me.

Second time, because again, he had his kids - wanted to know if I would come over on a Saturday morning for breakfast (he cooks) with him and his kids. I explained to him how I felt about meeting his kids so soon when we had not even been out one time. he seemed to "kinda" understand.

It was THEN that I noticed - this guy TALKS SO DAMN MUCH - he just doesn't SHUT UP - and laughs after EVERY dang sentence!!!! Even after things that are NOT funny or meant to be funny. How did I not realize it until this point. All the sudden I shuddered. His sentences were like nails on a chalkboard and my expression, I just cannot even explain it.

Me------------->

Me------------->

The crap he talked about was not even exciting. For an hour he talked about how his daughter won't eat all of the waffle he makes her for breakfast and how he tries to switch it up for her and how he loves to cook and how she needs to eat more (even laughed after those sentences)----*Deep sigh* - basically, he hijacked the convo every time and it was all about him------and then that damn laugh. I couldn't hang up. I was too nice. I mean, he was SOOOOO passionate about what he talked about, I felt bad, despite the fact that my interjections were pretty much dismissed. I just hung on by a thread.

After our last one-sided conversation.....he tried calling about maybe 15X - once inviting me on Text to go to a game with him and his kids...(THE KID THING AGAIN WITHOUT US GOING OUT TOGETHER FOR ADULT TIME FIRST )....I let it all go to voice mail and I only responded to the text with "I'm sorry, I can't."

I have not called him back.

This is on my mind because before I wrote this up, he tried calling me again today and left a VM and he LAUGHED after he said, "call me back ok???"

But I wonder. Anyone ever run into someone like this before? Someone where they laugh after EVERY sentence??? Forget the parts where its all about him, I just never met anyone before where a laugh followed everything. How annoying!

And the kid thing.... I am shocked that he wanted me to meet his kids so fast before he even took me out. Does this guy want an insta-family or something? (His ex wife who lives out of state lost custody of the kids because of a drug addiction) What's up with that??? At first I was a little teensie flattered he invited me as much as it didn't sit well with me - but it became TOTALLY creepy after the 2nd and 3rd time. Follow me?

It cannot be nerves. I don't buy it. You wouldn't either if you heard it. I've laughed after something when I was really nervous - but this is not what he does. It's freaking retarded.

Why do some people do this? Do they not know? And how do you tell someone, "Hey, stop laughing after everything you say." Then it makes you look like a drip or an unhappy person that laughter annoys, which isn't the case. Have you ever told someone to stop laughing after every sentence before? Your thoughts?

PS. Yes, I will continue to avoid his calls. Noottttt interested.
Well I think you should tell him in email or letter that you are no longer interested and why. The guy is lonely and a little whacked/dorky. May it would help him grow a bit, be kind. Everyone has flaws they are not aware of. Your are 100 % right about the kids. Maybe he is trying to show his kids a normal person for a change.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
I wonder if any single moms appear that way to men in the dating world? Let's face it, if you're primary focus in life is your kids, then you're going to talk about your kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships