Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:43 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, Chow, I believe I've seen posts of yours in which you also take pride in things you've no control over - where you were born, for example. How is it different?
You must be confusing me with someone else, as I make a conscience decision to not reveal too many details about my life.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You must be confusing me with someone else, as I make a conscience decision to not reveal too many details about my life.
That I know, but who's talking about your life... I referred to you being quite the patriot if I'm not mistaken...

Old 09-20-2008, 03:36 AM

478 posts, read 2,303,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I doubt it very seriously..... A white guy just does not have the same thing to offer a black girl that a black guy has to offer a white girl No offense to anyone. I do know some black women who will only go out with white guys. However, I still think their white counterparts are far more satisfied. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
With all due respect, I disagree. Black people have been in North America for 400 years, and make no mistake, there has been a lot of intermixing in that time. African Americans are genetically distinct from Africans as a general rule. The skin color is usually where the comparisons end.

I have dated black men and white men, and have found no difference in "satisfaction". A man who knows what to do is good to find regardless, and no matter his skin color, he is a welcome addition to any lucky girl's life.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:17 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlitefromNC View Post
With all due respect, I disagree. Black people have been in North America for 400 years, and make no mistake, there has been a lot of intermixing in that time. African Americans are genetically distinct from Africans as a general rule. The skin color is usually where the comparisons end.

I have dated black men and white men, and have found no difference in "satisfaction". A man who knows what to do is good to find regardless, and no matter his skin color, he is a welcome addition to any lucky girl's life.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree in part. Satisfaction has its place... However, based on my observations (and my observations are not as deep as 400 years of race relations), there are far more black women who prefer black men that there are white women who prefer white men. There are more white women who seek out black men than black women who seek out white men; therefore, I do not think black girls like white guys as much as white girls like black guys. But, obviously some black girls do indeed like white guys and I have no problem at all with that. I just think white girls like black guys more... This is not a slam against white guys. I actually like them too... Satisfaction for some is all in the skin or maybe I should say in the color...

Old 09-20-2008, 08:09 PM

124 posts, read 507,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o boy View Post
Really, I beg to differ on the satisfied part. However I have read a lot of the posts and believe the black women would prefer a good decent black man that would treat them well and respect them to but, then most women would want any man to as well. I think that a lot of black man feel insecure, powerless, scared and try to be tuff to cover it up and black woman don't mind expressing their feeling and berate them. They don't know what going on in his head and should start with diplomacy. Black women are generally not all of coarse scare most if not all men. They tend to be strong, loud, emotional, angry, and aggressive you don't know how to handle them. That would scare away a lot of men black, white, brown and armed. Woman are hard to deal with anyway in fact there a pain in the butt half of time, there is no reason to make it harder. Men are like puppies, treat them nice, respectful, feed them,clean up after them don't yell at them it just pisses them off and its not going to get you anywhere. Men like, love and want women for all kinds of reasons but, women need men a lot more than men need woman. Be nice.
Did everone miss this post?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:37 PM

6,811 posts, read 14,026,504 times
I'm a black male and I would not have a problem with dating someone out of my race. I would feel as if I had a problem if I only dated out of my race. I have interest and hobbies that are not common to Afro Americans but that has never caused me any problems in the past. I think many times men and women have unrealistic goals when searching for a mate. I hear it all the time in conversations I have with people. Find someone you are compatible with and don't worry about what your friends or family think. I doubt I would ever approach a white women with the intentions of dating her because I have to know she was open for that type relationship. If it came about in general conversation then I would be cool with it and we could proceed from there.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I doubt I would ever approach a white women with the intentions of dating her because I have to know she was open for that type relationship.
Really? This is so sad...

Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,181,348 times
*sigh.......... at this post*

First off..there is no such thing as acting white. It's the same as speaking, you either speak and read correct english or you don't.

Are you saying being black is using slag? I really doubt that blacks tell you..."You act white because YOU DO NOT use slang".
That sounds like a ton of BS.

Are you 17 years old? Because you sound as if you are interacting with children not adults. I had no idea ALL BLACKS listend to Rap music. That's a new one.........(gee-whiz) For the record,I listen to traditional jazz.

Are you saying black men do not like wine,art and nature. You cannot be serious!!!!!!!

It seems you have more issues with yourself than you do with black men.

Your entire post is reeking with self hate and confusion. Any white man that dates you is suspect. Why would any man date a lady that will not date her own race.

I am open to dating white women but I would never date one that will not and does not date their own race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. White are very sexy, elegant and intelligent. I date White men because too many Blacks accuse me of "acting White" because I don't use slang, I hate hip-hop (I actually think it should be banned), I love art, wine and nature and a lot (not all, by any strech) of Black men don't share those interests.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:33 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,181,348 times
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggy dee ann View Post
some black women need to stop blaming their situation on others and should rid themselves of the "woe be me" mentality.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,146,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
*sigh.......... at this post*

First off..there is no such thing as acting white. It's the same as speaking, you either speak and read correct english or you don't.
In defense of the post you're referring to (I did this in my previous post as well) the "acting white" statement is put in quotations. I don't know if the poster meant "acting white" in the context of what people perceive to be a black person who speaks correct English, but I did want to point out that would be why someone would put that in quotations. Sadly, quite a few blacks would (and do) refer to her as being someone who "acts white". I think we see CESpeed's post differently due to her context of "acting white"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships