Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:23 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

What these rude people are trying to say is to have better judgment when picking guys to date. In my experience 6 out of 10 people are toxic. Other folks you might have a good chance at making a new friend or partner. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Maybe it's not that you're dating Southern guys. Maybe it's because you just have lousy taste in men.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:24 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,451,672 times
You paint with a mighty broad brush, Ms Christian. Wasnt there something in the bible about judging others?

How about you just dont date anyone for a while and figure out exactly what you are looking for. No group deserves the kind of mean spirited description you gave.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:25 PM

way too harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The more I read your words, the more I like you

Old 09-14-2008, 06:27 PM

So a single person that might like another single person is wrong? Am I missing something. Church is also a place to meet people. I find people at churches to be a little weird in general, so I don't go too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
If you meet prospective romantic interests in church, there is your problem right there.

Most of the singles who go to church to meet mates are either neurotics, anti-social, or just plain weird.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:28 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Smoky Topaz, can't you find another job in a larger city and move there? Small towns in the south (and probably elsewhere) have no real diverse groups of people to meet and socialize with. You know that, I know that, so if you would rather seek out a different selection, you are just going to have to move to a bigger city. Beware though, many traits which you see in those "good old southern boys" can be found in generally every ethnic/racial group.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:29 PM

She is probably only referring to the men she has known not southern men in its entirety. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt that she means the southern men that she has known and the ones whom have given her a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
You paint with a mighty broad brush, Ms Christian. Wasnt there something in the bible about judging others?

How about you just dont date anyone for a while and figure out exactly what you are looking for. No group deserves the kind of mean spirited description you gave.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:30 PM

Let me add to that advice. Move to a large city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Smoky Topaz, can't you find another job in a larger city and move there? Small towns in the south (and probably elsewhere) have no real diverse groups of people to meet and socialize with. You know that, I know that, so if you would rather seek out a different selection, you are just going to have to move to a bigger city. Beware though, many traits which you see in those "good old southern boys" can be found in generally every ethnic/racial group.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Hey, I'm so glad I found this forum! I agree totally with another poster on here who says that guys in bigger areas are way cooler than small-town country boys. I am so fed up with Southern guys! Uuugh! They are the biggest losers out there in the dating pool..hell, they'd rather be dating their overweight,butch-cut,tattooed half-sister than a lady like me who's got some class!They are rude, standoffish, ignorant, and don't give a damn about women. They seem to expect women to wait on them hand and foot. I mean, what is up with these men's lust for floozie women and the way they only date and then marry their childhood sweethearts?? Ick! Let me get an amen here from somebody.
My latest Southern disappointment was this guy from Shiloh who goes to my church group, dips Skoal, says he'd call-didn't. I have yet to meet a Southerner his age who doesn't act this way. Women, date Yankees. Date mid-westerners, westerners...foreigners...hell, you can date Arabic men and still do a whole lot better.
Most of my "exes" were somewhat foreign. Had different mixes of ethnicities. I have dated a nice New Yorker, a Wisconsin native,a Spanish mix Southern Californian. and have been propositioned or chatted up with by guys with mixed heritages. Even the not-great ones are better than the average Southern good ol' boy. I guess I will see the day I end up with a nice foreign guy. They are not perfect, but they are better than what you get in Dixie. I could go on all day about htis, but I realize I have to share this board. Happy dating.
Hmmmmmm well, I guess that other people have had different experiences than I have. During my single years I dated plenty of southern boys while I was in Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama and Texas and I never had this problem. I dated everything from lawyers to cowboys to construction workers to EMTs to computer programmers, and frankly enjoyed every minute of it. Now, mind you, I have been very lucky to have good taste in men and able to tell a loser a mile and a half away.

I think there are good guys and lousy guys everywhere. You cannot paint everyone with the same broad brush just because of where they live. I have met (not dated, of course) some might strange birds from the NE and from big cities too, so generalizations don't work, IMHO Other than I never met a farmer or cowboy yet that I didn't find to be a wonderful, charming guy. Maybe you are misunderstanding them.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-14-2008, 06:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
way too harsh.
Oh, Arty.

She flung out a huge and rather dumb generalization like that, and she doesn't think she's part of the problem? I thought I was pretty gentle with her.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:41 PM

Well offer us all some enlightening advice. How can you judge if a person is a loser from a mile away? What makes a person stand out as a loser? Do tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Hmmmmmm well, I guess that other people have had different experiences than I have. During my single years I dated plenty of southern boys while I was in Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama and Texas and I never had this problem. I dated everything from lawyers to cowboys to construction workers to EMTs to computer programmers, and frankly enjoyed every minute of it. Now, mind you, I have been very lucky to have good taste in men and able to tell a loser a mile and a half away.

I think there are good guys and lousy guys everywhere. You cannot paint everyone with the same broad brush just because of where they live. I have met (not dated, of course) some might strange birds from the NE and from big cities too, so generalizations don't work, IMHO Other than I never met a farmer or cowboy yet that I didn't find to be a wonderful, charming guy. Maybe you are misunderstanding them.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships