Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Several months ago, I wrote a thread about a couple propositioning us to be swingers. It met with a resounding "No," from the both of us. We just weren't remotely interested.

So, now, last night, my wife and I decide to go out on a date. Just she and I. No friends. No errands. No movie. Wine and a dinner somewhere nice. Pretty easy, right?

I had noticed a new place open near us called the Wine Loft. I thought to myself, "Well, that's a good place to go and plan the evening." We get all dressed up and go.

We arrive at this place about 6:45. It's very nicely appointed, nice furniture, soothing music, and subtle mood lighting. As we walk in the door, the Matre'd asks us if we're there for the party which is being held on a raised balcony three feet off the main floor. I say, "No," and my wife and I order our wine.

As we are served, I noticed that the six people at the party kept checking us out. But as we discuss our week and start thinking about dinner plans, we notice that more guests are arriving for the party. Now, first, all the women looked to be in their late 40s and 50s, and were wearing clothes that showed way too much skin. Also, as my wife noted, the women wearing tight slacks weren't wearing panties. One woman strolled in wearing a dress that practically spilled her bosom out and the fringe at the bottom of the thing made her look like the lampshade in A Christmas Story. All the men were bald and wearing some variation of the Hawaiian shirt. Basically, judging from attire, hair, and general appearance, they all looked as if they had just snuck out of an Assembly of God for a night out on the town.

Then, I noticed they all had on name tags. Huh, I said to my wife. That's weird. Gatherings requiring name tags just don't happen on Saturday night. What gives?

So, I finally asked the waiter, "That's the strangest party I've ever seen." The blushes, and replies, "Those are swingers. They come here once a month."

My wife's eyes get wide and she says, "NO WAY!" We decide this is a first-class opportunity to observe these people in the flesh, so to speak. What did we notice?

Husbands and wives would walk outside, just the two of them, hang out in front of the restaurant, and talk. Something tells me they were negotiating who went home with whom. Others walked past us and several other patrons of the bar who were NOT swingers and gave us the eye, as if wondering if we were part of the crowd. Now, mind you, my wife and I were way hotter than any of these people. Just trust me on that.

So finally, after two glasses of wine, we decide we had to go check it out. NOT to go home with somebody, but to understand. We fill out our nametags as "Bambi" and "Rod" and go mingle in the crowd. After five minutes, however, we were totally creeped out and left.

We drove over to a local high-end restaurant owned by our neighbors. They can always squeeze us in. But when we told them about our encounter, they nodded and said, "Yeah, we get those groups, too. I mean, they come early with 30-50 people, don't hog the tables, pay their bills and leave. We can't turn down that business."

My wife and I went to church this morning and told a couple of our friends. They thought it was hysterical.

Here's my question. Given that this is our third encounter in a year with the swinging community, is it that much more prevalent than we thought? Somebody tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
It's ALL over the place, my friend - just like the BDSM community.

It just isn't something that the average Joe and Jane Citizen pick up on.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:49 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
all i want to say is that is just one more thing from the 70's that should have stayed back there

Old 09-14-2008, 04:50 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Several months ago, I wrote a thread about a couple propositioning us to be swingers. It met with a resounding "No," from the both of us. We just weren't remotely interested.

So, now, last night, my wife and I decide to go out on a date. Just she and I. No friends. No errands. No movie. Wine and a dinner somewhere nice. Pretty easy, right?

I had noticed a new place open near us called the Wine Loft. I thought to myself, "Well, that's a good place to go and plan the evening." We get all dressed up and go.

We arrive at this place about 6:45. It's very nicely appointed, nice furniture, soothing music, and subtle mood lighting. As we walk in the door, the Matre'd asks us if we're there for the party which is being held on a raised balcony three feet off the main floor. I say, "No," and my wife and I order our wine.

As we are served, I noticed that the six people at the party kept checking us out. But as we discuss our week and start thinking about dinner plans, we notice that more guests are arriving for the party. Now, first, all the women looked to be in their late 40s and 50s, and were wearing clothes that showed way too much skin. Also, as my wife noted, the women wearing tight slacks weren't wearing panties. One woman strolled in wearing a dress that practically spilled her bosom out and the fringe at the bottom of the thing made her look like the lampshade in A Christmas Story. All the men were bald and wearing some variation of the Hawaiian shirt. Basically, judging from attire, hair, and general appearance, they all looked as if they had just snuck out of an Assembly of God for a night out on the town.

Then, I noticed they all had on name tags. Huh, I said to my wife. That's weird. Gatherings requiring name tags just don't happen on Saturday night. What gives?

So, I finally asked the waiter, "That's the strangest party I've ever seen." The blushes, and replies, "Those are swingers. They come here once a month."

My wife's eyes get wide and she says, "NO WAY!" We decide this is a first-class opportunity to observe these people in the flesh, so to speak. What did we notice?

Husbands and wives would walk outside, just the two of them, hang out in front of the restaurant, and talk. Something tells me they were negotiating who went home with whom. Others walked past us and several other patrons of the bar who were NOT swingers and gave us the eye, as if wondering if we were part of the crowd. Now, mind you, my wife and I were way hotter than any of these people. Just trust me on that.

So finally, after two glasses of wine, we decide we had to go check it out. NOT to go home with somebody, but to understand. We fill out our nametags as "Bambi" and "Rod" and go mingle in the crowd. After five minutes, however, we were totally creeped out and left.

We drove over to a local high-end restaurant owned by our neighbors. They can always squeeze us in. But when we told them about our encounter, they nodded and said, "Yeah, we get those groups, too. I mean, they come early with 30-50 people, don't hog the tables, pay their bills and leave. We can't turn down that business."

My wife and I went to church this morning and told a couple of our friends. They thought it was hysterical.

Here's my question. Given that this is our third encounter in a year with the swinging community, is it that much more prevalent than we thought? Somebody tell me.
Are you the one who is the "writer" on this board.........interesting?

Old 09-14-2008, 04:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Several months ago, I wrote a thread about a couple propositioning us to be swingers. It met with a resounding "No," from the both of us. We just weren't interesting.

I'd prefer to think that you and your missus are just incredibly attractive people and thus all the ahm.... "attention" It turns my stomach to think this trend is a growing one - geez, no wonder our families are in so much trouble these days.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Are you the one who is the "writer" on this board.........interesting?
Oh, even a writer is allowed a typo on his first draft, right? So are you one of those swinger types trying to divert attention away from my story?

Old 09-14-2008, 04:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Maybe you and your wife are hotties and you didn't know it

We had that stuff in our old neighborhood and it was CRAZY! The drama that ensued with these folks was unbelievable. Unfortunately, I am not surprised your post...people like that are everywhere, except my bedroom

Old 09-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Maybe you and your wife are hotties and you didn't know it

We had that stuff in our old neighborhood and it was CRAZY! The drama taht ensued with these folks was unbelievable. Unfortunately, I am not surprised your post...people like that are everywhere, except my bedroom
I'm beginning to wonder. You know, we'd never be confused for total hotties. We're both reasonably attractive, well dressed, in-shape, gregarious, funny, and an asset at dinner parties. My wife was waaaaaaaaayy hotter than any of those women. My God, some of them were just downright scary.

But, getting back to your post, I had no idea these people were so prevalent.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:03 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder. You know, we'd never be confused for total hotties. We're both reasonably attractive, well dressed, in-shape, gregarious, funny, and an asset at dinner parties. My wife was waaaaaaaaayy hotter than any of those women. My God, some of them were just downright scary.

But, getting back to your post, I had no idea these people were so prevalent.
Yep, I didn't either until we were in the previous neighborhood. Maybe it is more prevalent as we get older...who knows??

Old 09-14-2008, 05:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Oh, dude!! That was you?

I keeeed...

Anyway, one of my coworkers has a neighbor down the street (no more than three houses away) from where he lives that throws parties for swingers every Saturday . I visited him once and we watched as people would drive up to the house and go inside. My buddy was drunk off his a-- and he kept shouting, "Perverts!!!!"

There is a lot of heavy vegetation around the house that is easily 20 feet high. He said he found out when someone left a flyer on his car's windshield telling him about the neighbors. I guess someone in the neighborhood was trying to 'out' the swingers.

My coworker said that the signal that they were 'open' for business was the lit Christmas lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships