Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 PM

654 posts, read 3,456,564 times

Advertisements

Don't throw a rock at me, but I am only 9 years from 40 myself (currently 31). Never married and the way its looking may never happen either. Too much of a quiet person and quite shy as well. I have several relatives in my family that are 40+ and never married either, but some still live at home! That's one thing I WON'T do is stay at home with mom at 40. I gotta have my own space.

Many people think that if you're that age and not married you're either gay or some other nonsense. Nothing can be further from the truth. Besides, there's nothing wrong with staying single and there's no rule saying you have to be married w/kids. Besides, I save tons of $$$ being single and can buy what I want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Going on 47 - what Me? Ever get Married?? Children??? Are you kidding? Are you "out-ta" your cotton-picking mind?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I don't wanna get married because I don't want a divorce. Children = another annuity(ies) to pay an EX - No Thanks! Don't even ask how do I know that's going to happen with me either? If I had any luck I wouldn't know what to do with it as luck has been in very short supply in my life! It's a rough world out there and I don't want to add to the Divorce Industry stats already too inflated. STD's?, lets not even go there.

Annnnnnnnnd NO WISECRACKS from you out there!

You can say that I'm Married to my Singledom - it's safer and saner.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:31 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Going on 47 - what Me? Ever get Married?? Children??? Are you kidding? Are you "out-ta" your cotten-picking mind?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I don't wanna get married because I don't want a divorce. Children = another annuity(ies) to pay an EX - No Thanks! Don't even ask how do I know that's going to happen with me either? If I had any luck I wouldn't know what to do with it as luck has been in very short supply in my life!

Annnnnnnnnd NO WISECRACKS from you out there!

You can say that I'm Married to my Singledom.
OK, I think it is great that you are happy with the route you have chosen in life...my issues come up when people who have no children say ugly things to those of us who do...children and marriage are not for everyone and I commend you for knowing that these are things you do not want.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 PM

8 posts, read 25,371 times
hem, was married but happily lost him to a new wife. and got 5 kids but happy with a new love but not married.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
OK, I think it is great that you are happy with the route you have chosen in life...my issues come up when people who have no children say ugly things to those of us who do...children and marriage are not for everyone and I commend you for knowing that these are things you do not want.
Happy in one sense - Sad in another.

This is a decision that was made because of the ways of the Relationship namely Matrimony world around me.

I was brought up with the idea of getting Married and having a Family which I was kinda looking forward to when I was in my mid-teens. So my decision went against that and it does hurt some to this day, but in the same token the high potential of getting real hurt was side-stepped so I'm happy in that respect. I can't pretend that everything pertaining to life-long Marriages is "sound" when it isn't by far. I'm not into using anyone and the high probability of me being the one to be potentially used and my "blood sucked out" without any remorse by the then EX.

There's more but I'll stop here and I already have went off track the OP's subject - so I do apologize to the OP.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:26 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
I am very sorry...it sounds as if it was a very painful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Happy in one sense - Sad in another.

This is a decision that was made because of the ways of the Relationship namely Matrimony world around me.

I was brought up with the idea of getting Married and having a Family which I was kinda looking forward to when I was in my mid-teens. So my decision went against that and it does hurt some to this day, but in the same token the high potential of getting real hurt was side-stepped so I'm happy in that respect. I can't pretend that everything pertaining to life-long Marriages is "sound" when it isn't by far. I'm not into using anyone and the high probability of me being the one to be potentially used and my "blood sucked out" without any remorse by the then EX.

There's more but I'll stop here and I already have went off track the OP's subject - so I do apologize to the OP.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I am very sorry...it sounds as if it was a very painful time.
It still is to a point - thanks for your sympathy.

Life goes onward as best as we all can daily.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:38 PM

59 posts, read 218,258 times
I know a lady who is assis prof in a top 10 university, never married, no kds, almost 50'

Old 12-06-2008, 09:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
She is either too intelligent to be loved or too selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldoll View Post
I know a lady who is assis prof in a top 10 university, never married, no kds, almost 50'

Old 12-06-2008, 10:49 PM

824 posts, read 2,791,528 times
I'm male, almost 50, never married, no kids, not in a relationship, not really looking. I didn't plan it this way. I never said to myself, "I don't want to get married and I don't want kids." It's just the way it has turned out. Someone mentioned about being set in their ways. I guess I sort of feel that way now. But you never know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships