Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't like it if my SO frequented a strip club...I would rather strip for him at home. That way he could do more than just look...and we would both be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabella1027 View Post
You are being very ignorant and only thinking inside the box. I have been a dancer for 12 years on and off. No it's not my career of choice, but I do what i have to do to pay for school and bills. I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is pure entertainment and not Prostitution. I would love to know what strip clubs you go to that are all about fights and robbery. You make it sound so horrible. I have never had a stalker, thank GOD. And I have never seen brutal fights outside of where I have worked. There are slummy places, but I would not work or even go to those places. Please think outside the box. It is a job. There are women that go out to night clubs that act much worse than strippers, and at nightclubs and bars there are usually fights.
AREYOU SURE YOU ARE NOT THINKING OF NIGHT CLUBS OR BARS?????? IT'S 2010 OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND STOP JUDGING OTHERS.
+1,000. Stellabella, just know that there are more opinionated individuals here than grains of sand on the beach - that's just the way things roll here.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:59 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,847 times
Quote:
You are being very ignorant and only thinking inside the box. I have been a dancer for 12 years on and off. No it's not my career of choice, but I do what i have to do to pay for school and bills. I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is pure entertainment and not Prostitution. I would love to know what strip clubs you go to that are all about fights and robbery. You make it sound so horrible. I have never had a stalker, thank GOD. And I have never seen brutal fights outside of where I have worked. There are slummy places, but I would not work or even go to those places. Please think outside the box. It is a job. There are women that go out to night clubs that act much worse than strippers, and at nightclubs and bars there are usually fights.
AREYOU SURE YOU ARE NOT THINKING OF NIGHT CLUBS OR BARS?????? IT'S 2010 OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND STOP JUDGING OTHERS.
There are definitely some slummy places and yes definitely stay away. The higher class ones are just fine. You can look and touch, but just not in one spot (I honestly wouldn't want to touch there anyway) and the places are usually pretty secure. They have a whole system set up to protect not only the women but everyone else as well. They know if they didn't then the place would be very prone to crime and fights. If you're going to go then know the right places to go. It's like any other type of bar/club. Most of these women are just paying their way through college in order to move on to another career. These women make more than I do and I've been promoted at my place. If I were a hot woman I would be tempted to do it. It's definitely not for everyone though.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:20 AM

548 posts, read 1,479,508 times
I've very recently started working as a cocktail waitress at a strip club. Most of the men who visit regularly are much older than 40, are members of the club, and some bring their wives with them. The only thing that is shocking to me is how much money guys will spend there. This works for me, as I am on the receiving end of it.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:44 AM

43 posts, read 129,654 times
Quote:
Yes. I just quit dancing a couple months ago, after three years of making a damn decent living doing it. In fact, I'm starting to wonder why I quit, since I made more doing that than at any minimum-wage/entry level job. Strippers/dancers are people who need to pay bills just like everyone else and I think those that feel they have the right to judge them should really examine why they feel so insecure. Stripping is NOT prostitution. If any patrons propositioned a dancer for more than a lapdance they were tossed out on their ass by the bouncer. I worked at a pretty clean club though. I had many couples come into my club, and most of the time they seemed like they were having a great time. They came for the fun of it, or to enhance their sex lives. Personally, I don't see a problem with men going to clubs when they're in a relationship, but I was always happy to hear when a customer told me his gf/wife knew about it and approved. That kind of trust is so rare in relationships these days.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I wouldn't like it if my SO frequented a strip club...I would rather strip for him at home. That way he could do more than just look...and we would both be happy.

Now you truly do have the right idea darlin'.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:

Stella-we have alot in common. I was a dancer for 13 years and am considering going back to it part time for the holidays, etc. Again, everyone, there are complete whores that work in strip clubs and then there are good girls (myself) that strictly go for the money and that's it. I still have numerous good friends from many years ago that I met in there and we are friends outside the club. I have recently at my current job run into numerous of my old "clients" and its no big deal. Sometimes with their wives and sometimes not. I know how to handle the situation and they are completely comfortable with me on that level. Again, everyone is in there for different reasons and everyone goes in there for different reasons. I always had a saying "if you act like a *****, they are going to treat you like a *****. You act like a lady and they will treat you like a lady." I've never had a problem period...

Old 11-08-2010, 10:59 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister sugar View Post
Yes. I just quit dancing a couple months ago, after three years of making a damn decent living doing it. In fact, I'm starting to wonder why I quit, since I made more doing that than at any minimum-wage/entry level job. Strippers/dancers are people who need to pay bills just like everyone else and I think those that feel they have the right to judge them should really examine why they feel so insecure. Stripping is NOT prostitution. If any patrons propositioned a dancer for more than a lapdance they were tossed out on their ass by the bouncer. I worked at a pretty clean club though. I had many couples come into my club, and most of the time they seemed like they were having a great time. They came for the fun of it, or to enhance their sex lives. Personally, I don't see a problem with men going to clubs when they're in a relationship, but I was always happy to hear when a customer told me his gf/wife knew about it and approved. That kind of trust is so rare in relationships these days.
Exactly. I used to make more money than doctors with no degree. And FYI, just because I didn't go to college, it doesn't make me unintelligent..

Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Back while I was in the Navy several guys were enamored of strip clubs. They spent most of their free evenings at them and almost all their money. Some of the guys talked me into going out to one when we had docked in San Diego. I found after a short time of being at the place that it was boring and somewhat pathetic. It all appears to be a rather foolish way to pass time. Not to mention a waste of good money that could be used for real things.

While I enjoy a naked women's body, performance of a striptease by bored, possibly drug addicted, young women leaves much to be desired. The atmosphere of the places filled with cigarette smoke and guys acting moronic is also something I am happy to do without. My money went instead to buy real property and other things that last longer and provide more return than any night at a strip club does.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 AM

43 posts, read 129,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Exactly. I used to make more money than doctors with no degree. And FYI, just because I didn't go to college, it doesn't make me unintelligent..
It certainly doesn't make you unintelligent. I happened to be going to college while I was dancing, but many of the girls I danced with weren't and were still some of the wittiest, sharpest, and brightest people I've met. In fact, many times our vocabularies were better than the customers'...

Oh, and I'm really tired of the stereotype of strippers all being drug addicts. Yes, some are on drugs. Many are NOT.

And everyone has a different opinion on what a good use of money is. I'm sure those that think strip clubs are a waste of money have vices that others couldn't fathom spending money on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships