Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,550,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Ladies of this thread - most men ogle women; just that some do it discreetly and some don't.

My husband gave up being discreet about it years ago. I don't care he can look all he wants. I'm secure enough to take it.

I worked with a guy with so many feminine traits that I just assumed he was gay. Didn't care, I just assumed that.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I met his wife and two daughters. He had been married 30+ years.

Fast forward...he becomes friends with a flaming gay guy (don't get sensitive, you know what I'm talking about) Nice guy to hang out with.
Next thing we know, my friend is leaving his wife and moving in with the flaming guy.
Yup...my friend was gay all along. He asked me why I didn't tell him earlier. I said...and what?? ruin the surprise?

Their both happy so that's what matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,920,036 times
Quote:
Here's a question: do you mind if someone who is not in a relationship with you ogles women more obviously when the two of you are together? I used to get in trouble all the time for doing that and I could never understand why......
To be honest, no I would probably tease him and perhaps tell him to be more discreet so he doesn't look pervy but for ME, I am comfortable in my own skin and don't feel threatened or anything. Sometimes though you see someone so completely stunning that you can lose control of discretion.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,681,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
To be honest, no I would probably tease him and perhaps tell him to be more discreet so he doesn't look pervy but for ME, I am comfortable in my own skin and don't feel threatened or anything. Sometimes though you see someone so completely stunning that you can lose control of discretion.
Yeah....if there is no relationship between you and him, you shouldn't feel threatened. But women do. I never get threatened when someone, be it my friend or girlfriend or wife looks at a man in front of me. Big deal. Now if he tries to talk to her, which has happened, it's on.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,171,668 times
I think its really a respect thing.....It doesn't really matter wether your in a relationship with somone or not it's just about how you choose to carry yourself in public......walking down the street obviously oggling girls makes you look trashy IMO.....I guess it also depends on age too.....you kinda expect to see 16ish year olds doing it as they are somewhat new to the sometimes overwhelming rage of hormones but when you see a 40 year old man doing it.........that just shows no class.....again, IMO

Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
sounds weird. How old was this "Gay Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
My husband gave up being discreet about it years ago. I don't care he can look all he wants. I'm secure enough to take it.

I worked with a guy with so many feminine traits that I just assumed he was gay. Didn't care, I just assumed that.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I met his wife and two daughters. He had been married 30+ years.

Fast forward...he becomes friends with a flaming gay guy (don't get sensitive, you know what I'm talking about) Nice guy to hang out with.
Next thing we know, my friend is leaving his wife and moving in with the flaming guy.
Yup...my friend was gay all along. He asked me why I didn't tell him earlier. I said...and what?? ruin the surprise?

Their both happy so that's what matters.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
I check out guys all the time. They don't seem to mind. Why is that trashy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I think its really a respect thing.....It doesn't really matter wether your in a relationship with somone or not it's just about how you choose to carry yourself in public......walking down the street obviously oggling girls makes you look trashy IMO.....I guess it also depends on age too.....you kinda expect to see 16ish year olds doing it as they are somewhat new to the sometimes overwhelming rage of hormones but when you see a 40 year old man doing it.........that just shows no class.....again, IMO

Old 09-17-2008, 02:56 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,171,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I check out guys all the time. They don't seem to mind. Why is that trashy?
Discretely looking and Oogling are two totally different things.......everyone looks.......trashy oogles in public.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:59 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,474,811 times
I am not attracted to feminine men at all.

I do not want my man blatantly cheking out other women when we are together. I think that's rude and disrespectful. Luckily he doesn't do that.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,145,197 times
I'm very attracted to feminine men. Someone actually suggested to me that as far as guys go, the feminine ones are my "type." I'm also attracted to very feminine women, so there's a pattern, I guess? lol

A lot of times when I'm attracted to a guy, I wind up finding out he's gay. Of course feminine guys are not always gay...I just have terrible luck!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,636,755 times
Quote:
Nope. Urban legend.
I'll be darned - you're right - I just checked it out.

Thank you, sir! Guess I'm never too old to fall for a good story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelMakerAZ
Well, Sifu was talking about physical protection. We're not talking about condoms obviously.
- C'mon - business is down - I have to drum up some new students!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships