Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,652,852 times

Advertisements

When a man fails to help out around the house, his poor performance might be related to a subconscious tendency to resist doing anything his wife wants, a new study suggests.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251966,00.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 09:18 PM

278 posts, read 803,117 times
Hmmm, it would seem to be true....................Men are resistant-Must break them down!!!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:47 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,191,317 times
Were there any suggestions on how to cure them of this??

Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,615,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
When a man fails to help out around the house, his poor performance might be related to a subconscious tendency to resist doing anything his wife wants, a new study suggests.

It all depends on the wife.

Many women feel empowered to demand everything of their husband. Sometimes this results in divorce, sometimes it results in them getting ignored. Sometimes both. Sometimes men will leave them to be with someone who doesnt nag the life out of them, and end up getting nagged to death by the person they left for.

lol, I figured out the answer.

Ask THEM to do something in return. Seriously, treat them the same way they treat you. It works wonders.

-TT

Old 02-14-2007, 10:49 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,995,037 times
Quote:

Great excuse! But utterly ridiculous!
"Honey...stop asking me to help around the house, I'm hardwired to subconsciously resist doing anything you want me to".... Husband's face >>>>>>

Wife's face >>>>>>

Wife's response: "Oh, that's funny, because I saw on Oprah today that women have a subconscious tendency to stop cooking for lazy men and wear LONG nightgowns to bed." Wife's face >>>>>>

Husband's face >>>>>>

Husband's response: "I was just kidding honey. I don't believe that crap either. Want me to dry the dishes?". Husband's face >>>>>>

Wife's response: "Thanks honey. Shall I wear the negligee you bought me tonight?"

Wife's Face >>>>>>
Husband's Face now >>>>>>

Old 02-15-2007, 06:26 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,788,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Great excuse! But utterly ridiculous!
"Honey...stop asking me to help around the house, I'm hardwired to subconsciously resist doing anything you want me to".... Husband's face >>>>>>

Wife's face >>>>>>

Wife's response: "Oh, that's funny, because I saw on Oprah today that women have a subconscious tendency to stop cooking for lazy men and wear LONG nightgowns to bed." Wife's face >>>>>>

Husband's face >>>>>>

Husband's response: "I was just kidding honey. I don't believe that crap either. Want me to dry the dishes?". Husband's face >>>>>>

Wife's response: "Thanks honey. Shall I wear the negligee you bought me tonight?"

Wife's Face >>>>>>
Husband's Face now >>>>>>
That's soooooo funny.

Obviously depends on the people involved but I always found getting help is easier by making lists. Men usually like to keep things simple and they don't want to have to think about all that house stuff. If you make a list they can just follow it also brings a sense of accomplishment as things are checked off. Also then they don't have to HEAR you nag about it. Kinda like a child.

heehee, had to throw that in there guys, don't get worked up about it.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:34 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times
rofl momark !!!

karla

Old 02-15-2007, 04:54 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,642,303 times
Quote:

I'm not sure that's totally accurate but I'll say this. I know there are times when I selectively tune out my wife. I hear sounds and see her lips moving but really don't hear a word she's saying. After she's done I think my mind automatically kicks back in when there is silence. It's usually at that precise moment that I get in trouble. That's usually when she says okay, and I blindly reply okay. More times than not it was about something that will eventually cost me money Do you think she knows when I'm tunning her out?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,921,775 times
"LONG" nightgown???? I thought that we were supposed to wear those footed flannel ones The ones that zip you up tight in your own personal little blanket And NOT the ones w/ the flap in the backend either don't want no drafts.

Yep, I believe that men do tune women out sometimes. I swear I can recite exactly when and where I told mine something and he can't remember a thing. LOL!!! I'll even recite back to him word for word what he said during the mystery conversation. HA!!!! GOTCHA!

Old 02-15-2007, 05:56 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,995,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
"LONG" nightgown???? I thought that we were supposed to wear those footed flannel ones The ones that zip you up tight in your own personal little blanket And NOT the ones w/ the flap in the backend either don't want no drafts.

!
Lordie, you go nuclear momof2dfw!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships