Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:25 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,035,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm sure your adorable.....just not more so than myself Kiddin'
No youre not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,187,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
No youre not.
Yes I am

Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 AM

8,286 posts, read 38,854,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I recently saw this music video, probably one of the most whimsical things ever.

YouTube - Chris Cagle - What A Beautiful Day

They just basically meet on the sidewalk one day and the next day they were having lunch. I guess music is just as fictious as movies. There's also a song/video called "Somebody" by Reba McEntire where the guy makes small talk with the waitress at a diner every week and they eventually get together. The video is also kind of fun.

In my local newspaper's weddings section, obviously most couples are introduced by friends/family, or met at work or school. Some are high school sweethearts. But there are also a few every now or then who would meet at a football game tailgate or in one case a random meeting at a mass transit station where they started talking on the platform. This past summer I was working at a restaurant and one of my coworkers met her boyfriend when he was eating dinner...it was a busy night but they talked a lot...when he signed his check the guy put his AIM screenname down...the girl actually wrote her own on the customer copy...and thats how it.

Has something like this ever happend with anyone here? Like the girl who goes to the fitness center a lot of the same times you do? That cute checkout girl at Wal-Mart? Or the girl you see at the library a lot?

Yep. Married her.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,902,485 times
NEVER; I'd have liked to....but no, never ever! and I'm 53.....

Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,574,942 times
Yep....I pick him up in a bar.....world's only 21 year one night stand.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 AM

1,713 posts, read 6,739,523 times
I went with some friends to Santa Monica once and they were a married couple who could spark a conversation with anyone. They just have that spark in them. I guess they became friends with some girl so they could get a better deal at a store. Anyways they girls hit it off so when we went down they stopped to say hello. The girl was introduced to me briefly and I was later told she was really into me. So she wanted me to call her and I did.

We ended up hanging out soon after and she was a short lil thing that was smoking. I was 23 and she was 19 I think. Eventually we ended up going all the way soon after. Unfortunately it was only once. She had just broken up with her b/f and I was a rebound. Okay by me...she was awesome naked! I tried sparking interest after we hadn't talked for months or about a year, but no bite...oh well. She was a mini JLo.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 AM

13,782 posts, read 26,294,724 times
I met a guy on the "T' in Boston on my way back to college from Logan and we started talking. I told him where I went to school and then he got off to train at his stop. When I got off at my stop a car pulls up and it is the guy I just met. We exchanged numbers and he ended up being my college sweetheart.

After we broke up I was at a concert and met a great guy and we had fun talking. The next day, still nursing my hangover, I was at work and I had a page come through for me over the intercom and the operator said this guy was looking for me, but he did not know my name, only what I looked like. They were concerned about security so they called me up first. I went up and there was the guy from the concert. We ended up dating for about 6 months.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 AM

10,265 posts, read 16,009,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
That's how I ended up meeting most of the guys I dated, I had this wierd thing about not dating any of my guy friends, I met my husband that way too randomly one night at Dairy Queen lol.
Yeah there's 3 girls I'm thinkin about asking out, two fo them are in grad school with me....one is a receptionist at a doctors office on campus I have to visit a lot to get treatment for a wart on my foot.

Does it feel awkward asking someone you just met to go for some coffee or ask for their screen name or something? I've been single for 5 years already idk....

Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM

1,713 posts, read 6,739,523 times
I'd be a lil more nervous asking someone out I met through a wart on my foot. I would say an email or screen name is less "in your face" than a phone number...but why not just ask for the digits and say, "or email if you dont like giving your number out"

That way you may get both w/o seeming too creepy

Old 09-23-2008, 01:58 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,902,485 times
...oh no I forgot : once a girl a the swimming pool; it was a one-night stand alas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships