Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,656,240 times

Advertisements

Yep. A few. The guy I have a date with tomorrow night, he and I met at the car wash at the coin machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 07:15 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Yep....I pick him up in a bar.....world's only 21 year one night stand.
Not the only one. Met DH that way, and we were never apart again until he died last year.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,746 times
It seems random dating was as effective, if not more, than anything I ever planned. Relationships are a mystery so why not? But that was before the online dating that is so prevalent today.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:40 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,408,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Wow......look at you....

um, hopefully those aren't in order
LMFAO! That's what I was thinking!!!!

ETA: I just realized how old this thread is! Not that it isn't still relevant to today.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,991,870 times
only happened once to me. i was waiting to sight see with a friend's friend who was in argentina at the same time as me. i remember i had spoken to the guy on the phone and said to meet him at the lobby of his hotel and that he is a tall irish looking guy with facial hair. out of the elevator pops a guy who fits that description. we stare at each other and then he comes over, wasnt the guy i was supposed to meet, but we did date each other.

the guys i have dated were either met through school, friends, or dating sites/events.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,686,882 times
That's how I already date. Women I casually meet sometime somewhere suggest going on a date, and I agree to it.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 PM

736 posts, read 2,297,360 times
Has happened to me several times. Got to be open to "strangers", otherwise can be VERY hard to meet new people if most of your friends are married/settled down like mine.

Here are a few orgainzed by location:

Los Angeles stories (my hometown):

1. Years ago when I was 21 I met a girl cruising on Hollywood Blvd. She was in a car and a beautiful southern girl. I was on foot, purchased a rose from a nearby vendor, placed the flower through the window and asked her for a date. We went out the following week. Didn't last long but I'll never forget her. Her name was Julia from Alabama. Beautiful dark brunette.

2. A few years ago driving in Koreatown in Los Angeles. I saw an attractive Asian woman cross the street and walk into a Tea/Coffee house. I found a parking spot and went inside, struck up a conversation with her and we dated for several months. Turns out she was originally from Singapore. We are still friends to this day (4 years later).

3. Few years ago, I met a girl at a sidewalk cafe in downtown Los Angeles. She was from Cancun, Mexcio. We dated for several months. One of the hotter romances I have had the pleasure to experience.

New Orleans:

4. Walking through the French Quarter in New Orleans on a road trip in my early 20's. Met a local girl that showed me the town over the next few days. When I first approached her to say hello, she blew me off. But I guess she saw someting sincere b/c she eventually changed her mind. Just a fling I guess but she was a REAL sweeheart with a compassionate soul and very pretty. Her name was Allison and I often think of her when I hear Elvis Costello's "Allison". A great one that got away......

Spain:
5. I was in Madrid, Spain. Met a blonde spanish gal at a bar one night. She was with a gentleman I would later learn was just a friend. At the end of the night I said goodbye thinking I'd never see her again. Next day we randomly bumped into eachother on the sidewalk as she was doing some shopping. We went on a date that night and had a VERY nice time.

New York City:
6.When I lived in NYC about 10 or so years ago I dated a girl that cut my hair once. She was blonde with blue eyes of mixed Argentine and Italian heritage. She could play the classical piano. She had just gotten over a bad break up. We had only really had ONE hot date b/c she was just too torn up about her recent break up. I'll never forget her though.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM

26 posts, read 86,482 times
Yeah I randomly met my now husband at a bar 3-4 years ago. He was dashingly handsome and still is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships