Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you let your SO look?
Yes 26 81.25%
No 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:25 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times

Advertisements

I agree with the "looking is okay, but gawking is not" comment. My ex-husband used to say things like, "I wouldn't kick her out of bed!" right in front of me. Then he'd blame me for not being sexy enough. "Well, I wouldn't make comments if you'd take better care of yourself." Talk about a self-esteem crusher! Oh, and it wasn't the same the other way around. If I said something even slightly mild about a good-looking guy, it caused major problems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How old are you??

A casual glance isn't necessarily disrespectful.

Outright staring is something else.

You're right it isnt......but if this thread is about you letting your SO look at another as long as they dont touch then my guess its more than a glance. And thats disrespectful....

Chances are you dont spend that much time with your SO that you cant admire chicks/guys when you arent with them. Be respectful, pay them attention, give them compliments when youre with them.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It's very important that you remain in control of your emotions at all times and act with grace, tact and class. Clockin' yo man cuz he be lookin' at some hanna aint where it's at bra!
Yes, it is important to do that but that doesnt mean that I cant express myself without acting ignorant. And talk about grace, tact, and class HE should have some and not checking out out females. Trust, anybody I am with knows what appropriate and whats not to me. So I dont have these problems.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:03 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
People don't window shop if they're not planning on buying. If he wants to shop around, he's free to leave.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 PM

16 posts, read 44,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
As my wife says, "I don't care where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home."

I like this saying , It is very good . I think you have a good wife .
There is also saying " If the man isnt bad , woman wont love him ." so men see other woman is a normal thing , you can not cover his eyes , every day there are many people passed around you , It is imporssible if you dont see others .
every one likes the beatiful things , you cant stop from them seeing , so give him free as long as they can have a level in their mind .

Old 09-24-2008, 08:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
People don't window shop if they're not planning on buying. If he wants to shop around, he's free to leave.
In this context I agree with you, but I like real window shopping.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:14 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,388,499 times
My Dw does not care if I look. I try to not be obvious with my looking.

I try to avoid looking, as looking tends to be a momentary thrill but it leads to heightened frustrations.

I am certain that my Dw does not look at men.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
lol.....when I read the title of this post I heard Al Pacino in the devil's advocate lol......

Anyway ~ is looking different than ogling and staring? Because there are different levels, everyone is human so it is completely normal to "look" however; it is completely disrespectful to your wife/husband and the person you are admiring if that "look" turns into a strait stare or an oogle.....

Old 09-25-2008, 07:37 AM

456 posts, read 1,396,972 times
We can't stop another person from looking, but I think there is a big difference between looking and openly lusting after someone while out with me. There is, to me, an obvious line between feelings and actions. To openly stare, ogle, scope out another person when out with your SO is not only disrespectful, imo, it is also damaging to the relationship. A dealbreaker for me.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Default Go ahead and look

He can look all he wants.. I even laugh when one takes him by surprise....sometimes I'll poke him in the arm and say..."excuse me! Wife! sitting right here!"

He would never do anything so I'm secure in his love for me.

If you trust him or her with everything you've got, let em look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships