Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Sounds like this guy is a Narcissist and/or commitment phobic. Go totally silent on him. Don't take his calls or return his texts. Watch, what happens. He will totally freak out and you'll get maniacal texts and calls from him begging you to see him. Try it and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 01:00 PM

11 posts, read 23,852 times
I really appreciate everyone's advice on this. There are lots of genuine and great advice and I will take them all in and see what happens from there. Some of you said that I should end it sooner rather than later as it will hurt more if this continues. Believe me, I have thought about it many times but letting go is never easy to do.

I think if anything, tonight will be a huge testament for me. It is Friday and there's a 99.99% chance that know he will text me. He usually starts off with "Are you going out tonight with friends"? And we'll send texts back and forth throughout the night while we are out. When the night is about to end, he will ask "do you want to stop by my place"?

I am sitting on the fence as it stands. Half of me is saying that I should follow my gut and see him one last time tonight to say goodbye. A few of my friends said I should confess everything on how I feel about him so at least I don't go on with life knowing that I never told him. There's the saying that one should "always follow what your heart is telling you". I have been following my heart these past few months and it has led me in this mess.

*Sigh* I will keep you all posted on the details on what happens tonight.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
lol uh if he is a narcissist he probably won't go crazy since he is so self absorbed and leaching off of other folks for attention and adoration. Some users are really calm and cool and discard people like used up objects. He is through with her and has moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Sounds like this guy is a Narcissist and/or commitment phobic. Go totally silent on him. Don't take his calls or return his texts. Watch, what happens. He will totally freak out and you'll get maniacal texts and calls from him begging you to see him. Try it and see.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:12 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
If you do end up spilling your guts and telling him how you really feel, whatever you do, don't sleep with him again until you know he isn't taking you on another ride. Heck, I'd put it off for six months just to see if he was into you for anything more than having a partner to poke. If he's had a change of heart and feels anywhere close to the way you feel about him, he'll be willing to wait. And you aren't the woman of his dreams by the time the six months expire, you both are just wasting each other's time.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:14 PM

Are you nuts? Never go back to a user! Never. You will be burnt worse the second time around. You'll also feel guilty for not protecting yourself and making the right decision. Believe me I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
If you do end up spilling your guts and telling him how you really feel, whatever you do, don't sleep with him again until you know he isn't taking you on another ride. Heck, I'd put it off for six months just to see if he was into you for anything more than having a partner to poke. If he's had a change of heart and really has feelings for you, he'll be willing to wait.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:33 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you nuts? Never go back to a user! Never. You will be burnt worse the second time around. You'll also feel guilty for not protecting yourself and making the right decision. Believe me I know.
The possibility of getting burned one more time versus a life time of wondering what if is an easy choice to make. Everyone deserves a second chance. No one deserves three. Besides, spilling your guts on how you really feel can really bury the hatchet if the feelings aren't mutual and you find out that you are nothing more than a FB.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:36 PM

Ya but spilling your guts makes you feel like garbage when the other person doesn't empathize or understand you. No point in relating to a lot of people these days. Too many toxic people. The same goes for the OP. He is through with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
The possibility of getting burned one more time versus a life time of wondering what if is an easy choice to make. Everyone deserves a second chance. No one deserves three. Besides, spilling your guts on how you really feel can really bury the hatchet if the feelings aren't mutual and you find out that you are nothing more than a FB.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 PM

I agree with TexianPatriot. I don't think I can get complete closure and move on without telling him my feelings. We will see what happens tonight.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:06 PM

are you going to say how angry you are? or just sugar coat everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehurts621 View Post
I agree with TexianPatriot. I don't think I can get complete closure and move on without telling him my feelings. We will see what happens tonight.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:15 PM

If I do meet him tonight, nothing I say to him will be sugar coated. I am not angry with him or mad at him. I am going to be very honest with him and say everything from the heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships