Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times

Advertisements

I wanted to call the thread "staring-related faux pas" but then I realized I didn't know how to make "faux pas" plural. Anyway...

Anyone gotten into a bit of trouble for checking someone out in a way that was not so subtle? I thought I was getting too old for this (at least being so blatant, anyway), but I wound up staring at a professor in class today. She wears white shirts with sweaters, blazers, jackets, etc. over them, with the second garment unbuttoned. Well, her sweater-thing blew back a bit, and I could see her bra extremely well through the white shirt she had on under it. And I sit in the very front of the classroom, of course. For a moment, it was like no amount of willpower was going to persuade me to take my eyes off her visible bra. As she was moving her sweater back over her shirt, her eyes met mine, and I wondered if she knew I was looking at her bra/breasts. I have a bad habit of assuming that other women don't realize that's where my eyes are wandering. She didn't look pissed, so maybe she didn't really figure it out.

Anyone else wound up regretting letting their eyes wander?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I wanted to call the thread "staring-related faux pas" but then I realized I didn't know how to make "faux pas" plural. Anyway...

Anyone gotten into a bit of trouble for checking someone out in a way that was not so subtle? I thought I was getting too old for this (at least being so blatant, anyway), but I wound up staring at a professor in class today. She wears white shirts with sweaters, blazers, jackets, etc. over them, with the second garment unbuttoned. Well, her sweater-thing blew back a bit, and I could see her bra extremely well through the white shirt she had on under it. And I sit in the very front of the classroom, of course. For a moment, it was like no amount of willpower was going to persuade me to take my eyes off her visible bra. As she was moving her sweater back over her shirt, her eyes met mine, and I wondered if she knew I was looking at her bra/breasts. I have a bad habit of assuming that other women don't realize that's where my eyes are wandering. She didn't look pissed, so maybe she didn't really figure it out.

Anyone else wound up regretting letting their eyes wander?
Something like that has happened to me a couple of times. I was in a crowd one time and I was kinda looking slightly down toward the ground and I turned around and there was this busty woman with her boobs hanging out, as I turned, my face was right in her chest area. It was like something out of a movie, I looked up slowly and she was looking right in my eyes.

Thankfully, she flashed me a sly grin.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thankfully, she flashed me a sly grin.
LOL! That probably helped you to laugh it off instead of feeling embarrassed.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
LOL! That probably helped you to laugh it off instead of feeling embarrassed.

I had a couple glasses of wine, so I wasn't too embarrassed.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
oh i've caught guys doing it to me. it doesn't matter what age or how professional or non-professional they're supposed to be acting either.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
never have, never will. i think most women like men checking them out, at least me. they sometimes smile or give me a better view (consciously or not). i love walking up the stairs (from the subway) and just watching that lady in front me. it's a daily thing for me, and most men. How could it not be? It's not like I stare a hole through them. you have to be subtle, especially if you want to catch the best views. It's not like I look at girls who have a disposition that they don't want to be looked at. I check out the girls who dress like they love the attention that i am giving them. just be confident and you'll be just fine. don't be scared, you're a Man. Check those ladies out! They love it.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
don't be scared, you're a Man. Check those ladies out! They love it.
I'm not a man, though.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:55 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Quote:
I'm not a man, though.
It's all good, you're a human. do your thing! we are basically primal animals at our core. it's normal behavior.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:48 AM

111 posts, read 353,608 times
I, honestly, don't mind being checked out or stared at, just as long as no comments are made... Don't call me by pet names, either. Especially when you're with your group of friends, and I'm alone. I don't know you, dude checking me out, and if I were interested, you'd know. There's only one person on the face of this earth who's allowed to call me by pet names, and he already knows who he is, and it's not you.
Otherwise, I could care less.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,105 times
I'm a straight woman and check other women out all the time. Women love to be looked at - by men and women alike!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships