Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

SD,

thank you for that response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You certainly have.........and most of it has been absolute hogwash. Look into that, will ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 08:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
SD,

thank you for that response.
De nada.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Somewhere it is said that even "the dull and the ignorant" are worth listening to on occasion. No ones point of view is totally worthless. If you can get from behind knee jerk defensiveness of black women because someone made an obviously blanket statement about them you might see what I see. Besides my own limited experience I have been in a profession that puts me in touch with thousands of women, primarily of color. I know their stories. Most aren't that happy. Raggedy, I am black, if it matters. It seems that most of the 'attraction' to black people, male or female, is based on physical attractiveness. How much of that translates into real committment, marriage, babies, etc. What percentage of American children are bi-racial? But I am understanding that if even those that have been on the receiving end of what I have identified as the "lack of a sense of humor" don't realize that that is or was the missing ingredient that makes continuing to seek out an ever expanding circle of the same kind of women an option then of course you would think I don't have any idea about what I am talking about.

H

Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Somewhere it is said that even "the dull and the ignorant" are worth listening to on occasion. No ones point of view is totally worthless. If you can get from behind knee jerk defensiveness of black women because someone made an obviously blanket statement about them you might see what I see. Besides my own limited experience I have been in a profession that puts me in touch with thousands of women, primarily of color. I know their stories. Most aren't that happy. Raggedy, I am black, if it matters. It seems that most of the 'attraction' to black people, male or female, is based on physical attractiveness. How much of that translates into real committment, marriage, babies, etc. What percentage of American children are bi-racial? But I am understanding that if even those that have been on the receiving end of what I have identified as the "lack of a sense of humor" don't realize that that is or was the missing ingredient that makes continuing to seek out an ever expanding circle of the same kind of women an option then of course you would think I don't have any idea about what I am talking about.

H
If I could figure out what you were talking about, maybe I could better respond to it. But your post makes no sense.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
I'll be damed. You and I must be related. As soon as I read that post I said "WTF" is this!?(scratching my head at the same time)

I guess some folks attempt to "sound" smart and in reality sound very stupid........that post being a great example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
If I could figure out what you were talking about, maybe I could better respond to it. But your post makes no sense.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:38 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I think that some of this discussion is getting confused between race and culture. And the two aspects do overlap which is why this always happens. Some people visually prefer certain racial skin tones and other physical features. Then another factor will be the culture in which that person was raised, and this is a combination of their nationality, family upbringing and the locale. Americans are not all alike. And city people act differently depending on what their urban neighborhood is like. For instance, a Manhattanite living on Fifth Ave. will be different from someone raised in Queens or the Bronx. And further split up by nationality and religion. And even those who live in the suburbs and country, there are those from upper middle class areas and those from poorer areas.

Anyway, visually I prefer Caucasian men and for ladies that prefer men of the darker skin tones, that's cool with me and you can keep them. There's more than enough good men of all skin colours to go around. lol But I'm not attracted to white trailer trash or guys that aren't into the constant gathering of knowledge and skills, or appreciating culture. And having a good sense of dry humour (not 3 Stooges humour) is a must for me.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
You guys are jerking my chain right? Yeah, there's a few comma's missing... maybe more than a few, that's it. If your're not feeling me, thats ok, maybe someone else gets it.

H

Old 10-13-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You guys are jerking my chain right? Yeah, there's a few comma's missing... maybe more than a few, that's it. If your're not feeling me, thats ok, maybe someone else gets it.

H
I'm trying to figure it out. I do work as an editor, but, as I said, this is just beyond my ability......

Old 10-13-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I'll be damed. You and I must be related. As soon as I read that post I said "WTF" is this!?(scratching my head at the same time)

I guess some folks attempt to "sound" smart and in reality sound very stupid........that post being a great example.
I AM originally from Chicago.........

Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM

275 posts, read 686,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you really click with someone, then shouldn't that be worth fighting for?

You're already assuming the a white girls parent won't like you because of being black. That is a little unfair, wouldn't you agree with that.
true it is indeed unfair. you hanging on the edge of the cliff the only safe place is don't put yourself into that situation unless it' a coincidence. don't get me wrong am not against interracial relationship but i personally think my safe place to end up is what is felt comfortable in either risky situation or moderate circumtance. a challenge should push us beyond for our own benefits not for others but if it means being disliked for only tryn to be part of a family then why be there.

Last edited by jackdonekings; 10-13-2008 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships