Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
I would agree. Something about a pick through the nose... milk-storage units dragging on the ground... and 2 total teeth (even spaced unevenly) turns me off. And there's the no shave thing....
LOL, that reminds me of the TV show, Redneck weddings, where the bride lost her dentures and had to borrow her mothers...gag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,451 times
I am a young, Black female and race doesn't matter to me. I think becuase I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood and attended schools and college where it was pretty diverse so I've learned not to look at a persons race and just find them attractive based on looks and personality. I will say when it comes to long term relationships, with men they have all been Black and with women (the few I have dated) were White, so I dont really discriminate by race, but maybe by sex (haha). But all jokes aside, I think its all a coincidence because the long term relationships were with people I grew up with and the shorter ones were people I met based on the city I was living in.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Be carefull. You have a lot going on..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
I am a young, Black female and race doesn't matter to me. I think becuase I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood and attended schools and college where it was pretty diverse so I've learned not to look at a persons race and just find them attractive based on looks and personality. I will say when it comes to long term relationships, with men they have all been Black and with women (the few I have dated) were White, so I dont really discriminate by race, but maybe by sex (haha). But all jokes aside, I think its all a coincidence because the long term relationships were with people I grew up with and the shorter ones were people I met based on the city I was living in.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:34 PM

6 posts, read 49,815 times
Default I just like white men!

I'm a black female and even though I just got out of a 5 year relationship with a black guy (that turned out to be an a-hole), there is something about white guys that I adore. It definately has lots to do with going to a school that was about 98% white. I genuinely like them. What's funny is for the last 15 years or so, anytime I fantasize about sex...it's always with a white guy. I would love to have one again but it seems like they're kind of hard to come by too.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 AM

I really like the way you had to mention your as*hole boyfriend was black. I am not sure what that has to do with the question.

Nothing wrong with dating interacialy, but keep things in good taste. This is not about sharing your bad experiences with your own race...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoluptuousKisa View Post
I'm a black female and even though I just got out of a 5 year relationship with a black guy (that turned out to be an a-hole), there is something about white guys that I adore. It definately has lots to do with going to a school that was about 98% white. I genuinely like them. What's funny is for the last 15 years or so, anytime I fantasize about sex...it's always with a white guy. I would love to have one again but it seems like they're kind of hard to come by too.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I really like the way you had to mention your as*hole boyfriend was black. I am not sure what that has to do with the question.

Nothing wrong with dating interacialy, but keep things in good taste. This is not about sharing your bad experiences with your own race...........

Well, Prince Charming will show up some day, and he will be white. Isn't that what they tell you in the movies?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:06 AM

SD,

that's right. "They" do tell you he's white....in the movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Well, Prince Charming will show up some day, and he will be white. Isn't that what they tell you in the movies?

Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,430 times

Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 PM

11 posts, read 12,999 times
I date outside my race because I don't see race as a factor in concidering whom I spend my time with. I am african american and my current boyfriend is asian. We did not seek each other out, our paths just happen to cross and we fell in love
I don't exclude anyone on the basis of race for dating or friendship. There are so many kinds of people that have so many wonderful qualities about them and I enjoy soaking all of it up.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
The fact I date outside my race I attribute to growing up in mostly white neighborhoods, my sister marrying a white man, and going to mostly white schools. It doesn't mean I dislike my race, it's just what I've been accustomed to.
There are white guys that are great, and white guys that are jerks, just like black guys, Asian guys, etc. If you're a jerk, you're a jerk no matter what color you are. Dating interracally was something I was used to seeing my sister do it. I feel I have more things in comon with white men, and I am usually in situations that are almost all-white, restaurants, bars, ets. If that makes sense.
I also haven't encouuntered many black men that come up to me and start a conversation. It's always been white men that have been more forward in asking me out.
Usually, when I pass a group of black men, I get mostly cat calls or suggestive comments, but when I encounter a white man, he will smile and say hello, or start an actual conversation. this is why I feel I have more in common, I can communicate better with white men in certain situations, I think. IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships