Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times

Advertisements

Remember the thread of guys and dancing? That's right! The spotlight is still on the men!

Soooo, I'm asking you, ladies, what are things that you consider to be romantic for a guy, like take walks in the rain, kissed/hug someone, talk on the phone all night, you know, simple stuff like that.

Then, I would like the gentlemen to tell us if they ever done those things since you guys probably did, but never knew that.

Hmm, thinking of a man and cooking something really nice and watching him clean dishes! (Kate and Leopold effect)

My female brain went "oooh, la,la!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 08:40 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
I find it romantic when my husband does things to surprise me. From big things like booking a surprise weekend getaway to the small things like randomly buying me a new book or Wii game he saw and thought I might like.

I also find it romantic when he's very affectionate and gives me lots of random hugs and kisses. And not just the quick peck without any thought behind it, I mean when he kisses me and I know he's saying "I love you" without needing to say it.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:04 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,117 times
Walks in the rain, yep. Kiss/hug? Yep. Talk on the phone all night? Several times.

I've also booked several weekend getaways to surprise whoever I was with, and cooked several meals (doing dishes included in that).

Didn't really consider any of those things to be romantic though... guess different people see everything differently haha.

Last time my ex had a birthday (wasn't an ex at the time) we didn't go anywhere... just got a bunch of balloons, streamers, etc. and created a path from the front door to the bedroom. Inside there were rose petals on everything, with her gifts resting on top and a poem I made for her on top of that. Looked better than it sounds, trust me.

That isn't the most romantic thing I've done, but I just woke up! I need time to remember!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Heres a rule to rmember guys...and an assurance to the ladies that Chivalry is not dead yet. An histoical quote that my father made me memorize and which I also made my young son memorize..." It is not sufficient in itself that one be merely an Officer...One must also be a Gentleman.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Ok, you asked for it Saberai...this one involves doing the dishes.
<Forgive me if this gets a little steamy...I'm mostly smiling and a little teary writing this>

After a few months of dating my eventual wife made me dinner at her apt. It didn't turn out perfect like she planned but it was decent and I complimented her on it. She then went out to run some errands and when she got back I had done all the dishes and cleaned everything up. (Her previous bf's would have watched TV)

I actually did it to show my appreciation for her. She walked in and just looked stunned...stammered a thanks and gave me a nice kiss (still a little shocked) and excused herself to the other room for about 5-10minutes. (Mind you, this was a beautiful brunette with a womans curves, age 31 at the time) She then came back in the room wearing just a camisol, saying nothing but taking me by the hand back to her bedroom and that was an evening we both never forgot.

She told me years later that at that moment her mind clicked the switch from boyfriend to likely future hubby.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:30 AM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
Surprises are definitely up there for me in the romance dept. Taking time to set the mood - candles, flowers, etc. Walks (not necessarily in the rain) on a beautiful fall trail - VERY romantic for me. Remembering small things that I've said and then acting upon that.... like remembering a cologne I commented on and wearing it again. Don't care for phone calls all night, but a call in the middle of the night saying they can't stop thinking about you - ROMANTIC! Flowers after a date with a sweet note... we were just talking about that one at work!

There isn't nearly enough romance in the world if you ask me... but perhaps I just haven't dated the right men.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Ive been told that I am a very romantic man. I guess its because I have always LOOOOVED sex and nothing makes a woman want sex more than a man who does romantic things for her. So I guess I just developed this over time from the goal of getting sex to more recently, doing it because I enjoy it and doing it because I know that she loves it and I love seeing her happy.

Remember, every woman is different. What one woman finds romantic, another woman may be totally turned off by it or just not find it to be romantic in the least.

Some of the things Ive done:

After long hike, break open the backpack with wine and cheese.
Surprise her by packing he fav snacks and taking her to Hollywood Bowl concert.
Paint her toenails.
Pick wildflowers for her.
Fly her to Vegas, stay at the Bellagio and give her a full spa treatment there.
Spend a weekend at vineyard in Napa Valley CA.
Never ever say "I love you too". Always look into her eyes and say "I love you".
Hold hands.
Walk in the rain.
Surprise her by making a romantic dinner.
Send flowers to her work.

Many other ways.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I guess its because I have always LOOOOVED sex and nothing makes a woman want sex more than a man who does romantic things for her. So I guess I just developed this over time from the goal of getting sex to more recently, doing it because I enjoy it and doing it because I know that she loves it and I love seeing her happy.
Good to see SOMEBODY gets it! Your approach might’ve had selfish roots, but it’s the result that counts, and besides it’s developed later into a better attitude. Way to go, DaBeez! Perhaps there is something to doing things even if you don’t feel like doing them at the time. It’s been mentioned as an advice in various books when describing the action verb “love.”

Quote:
Never ever say "I love you too". Always look into her eyes and say "I love you".
Very good point!

Btw, I just realized I got the magic power of giving 5 points in a rep. Couldn't have been a better post and a better occasion - DaBeez's first gold bar!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Ive been told that I am a very romantic man. I guess its because I have always LOOOOVED sex and nothing makes a woman want sex more than a man who does romantic things for her. So I guess I just developed this over time from the goal of getting sex to more recently, doing it because I enjoy it and doing it because I know that she loves it and I love seeing her happy.

Remember, every woman is different. What one woman finds romantic, another woman may be totally turned off by it or just not find it to be romantic in the least.

Some of the things Ive done:

After long hike, break open the backpack with wine and cheese.
Surprise her by packing he fav snacks and taking her to Hollywood Bowl concert.
Paint her toenails.
Pick wildflowers for her.
Fly her to Vegas, stay at the Bellagio and give her a full spa treatment there.
Spend a weekend at vineyard in Napa Valley CA.
Hold hands.
Walk in the rain.
Surprise her by making a romantic dinner.
Send flowers to her work.

Many other ways.

WWOOOOOWW!!!! No wonder you've been told that! You should write a book to help the young single guys out there!

Female brain exploded..

Old 10-10-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Surprises are definitely up there for me in the romance dept. Taking time to set the mood - candles, flowers, etc. Walks (not necessarily in the rain) on a beautiful fall trail - VERY romantic for me. Remembering small things that I've said and then acting upon that.... like remembering a cologne I commented on and wearing it again. Don't care for phone calls all night, but a call in the middle of the night saying they can't stop thinking about you - ROMANTIC! Flowers after a date with a sweet note... we were just talking about that one at work!

There isn't nearly enough romance in the world if you ask me... but perhaps I just haven't dated the right men.
I LOVE taking walks on the autumn carpet trail surrounded by trees of the same color!

Now, if only it would stop raining in the Southeast...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships