Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times

Advertisements

Alimony. Why do you think they got married in the first place?

Old 04-06-2012, 05:48 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You men are all correct. It's because women are evil creatures who love drama, marry men they don't love for their money, have kids when they don't want to, cheat and lie every chance they get, and are trying to rule the world and use men as their slaves. You guys are all so knowledgable! Quite the catches! Too bad I'm married! Oh then again - with the divorce rate being nearly 100%, I'll probably be divorced in a short while and I'll be loaded because I'll have take my husband for every penny that he's worth.

I have no idea why more women file. Although I will say this - IF (and this will never happen but for argument's sake - if) my husband and I got divorced - I would probably file simply because I take care of everything like that. I take care of our taxes, finances, etc. I'm sure he would probably have me do the filing as well.

And for the millionth time - why is everyone so focused on the divorce rate, who does the filing, who does the cheating, etc. Even if more women file or more men cheat or more people who get married in their 20's get divorced - who the hell cares? Unless you want to go around to every single divorced couple and ask them what happened - you'll never know the answers. All women are not the same. All men are not the same. All RELATIONSHIPS are not the same. Yes, it's important to understand the consequences of your actions - but to spend sooooo much time focused on divorce when you aren't even married makes absolutely no sense to me. And if you are marrying someone and you have your contingency plans for divorce in your head - you shouldn't be getting married. And if you hate women so much - you shouldn't be dating them. And if you are so afraid of marriage - you shouldn't get married. Geez, people! Go out and live your lives and stop being so dang afraid!
First paragraph- Your sarcasm is NOT funny.

Third paragraph (addressing the bolded)- Having the possibility divorce in mind is no different than having the thought of tornadoes in mind living in Louisville, KY. Now have I or my home ever been personally hit by a tornado? No. However in the past year I have had tornadoes hit with 2 to 3 miles of where I was. With that, I make sure my car and renter's insurance is paid up and knowing where to go in case a tornado strikes. Yet I still reside here. I'm always prepared for worst possible scenario so I am not a^( out when worst case happens. I've said it before hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:51 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
What's different about marriage? I don't get it. My marriage is pretty much like my parents marriage was. What's so different about it? Marriage is what you make of it.
My personal observation is that people are a lot more willing to push the "eject button" than they have been in the past. The "splatter" makes for an ugly mess.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
First paragraph- Your sarcasm is NOT funny.

Third paragraph (addressing the bolded)- Having the possibility divorce in mind is no different than having the thought of tornadoes in mind living in Louisville, KY. Now have I or my home ever been personally hit by a tornado? No. However in the past year I have had tornadoes hit with 2 to 3 miles of where I was. With that, I make sure my car and renter's insurance is paid up and knowing where to go in case a tornado strikes. Yet I still reside here. I'm always prepared for worst possible scenario so I am not a^( out when worst case happens. I've said it before hope for the best prepare for the worst.
My first paragraph is simply what so many men on here say anyway - why is it offensive to you? I'm simply regurgitating it to show people how silly they are being.

Look - you can live your life any way you want to but it seems to be that most of the biggest complainers on this forum are, in fact, not living their lives at all but complaining about things that might possibly have happened to people they don't know. People on here site Kobe Bryant's divorce as a reason not to get married. People on here aren't hoping for the best but preparing for the worst - they are acting like the worst is a forgone conclusion so it's stupid to even try for the best. It's ridiculous. People on here are so afraid of getting hurt that they have let their fear turn to bitterness and hatred. Women are not evil. We are not to blame for all the bad things that happen in the world. People need to stop blaming others and take responsibility for their own lives.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
My personal observation is that people are a lot more willing to push the "eject button" than they have been in the past. The "splatter" makes for an ugly mess.
Well, I'm not and neither is my husband. That's all that I care about because that's all the affects me. The rest of the world can cheat, lie, steal, divorce, murder, etc - it still wouldn't change how I choose to live my own life.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
My first paragraph is simply what so many men on here say anyway - why is it offensive to you? I'm simply regurgitating it to show people how silly they are being.

Look - you can live your life any way you want to but it seems to be that most of the biggest complainers on this forum are, in fact, not living their lives at all but complaining about things that might possibly have happened to people they don't know. People on here site Kobe Bryant's divorce as a reason not to get married. People on here aren't hoping for the best but preparing for the worst - they are acting like the worst is a forgone conclusion so it's stupid to even try for the best. It's ridiculous. People on here are so afraid of getting hurt that they have let their fear turn to bitterness and hatred. Women are not evil. We are not to blame for all the bad things that happen in the world. People need to stop blaming others and take responsibility for their own lives.
Why is this so offensive to you? Women never take their man to the cleaners, they never cheat, they never lie.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Why is this so offensive to you? Women never take their man to the cleaners, they never cheat, they never lie.
Of course SOME women do this. Do you see people saying that? No - they say women like drama. Women take men to the cleaners. Women do this. Women do that. Not ALL women are bad. Are some women bad? Hell yes! I've heard about some horror stories before about some awful, awful women. But are ALL women like that? No. Just like I don't think all men are liars, cheats, philanderers, etc. The majority of the PEOPLE I know are all good people. How could it NOT offend me to have people say that all women like drama, are gold diggers, only want a man so they can take his money, etc. That is offensive to me because I am a woman and I am not like that. The majority of women that I know are not like that. It is equally offensive to me to hear people say blanket statements about men, minorities, gays, etc. Do you honestly believe that ALL women are evil? Seriously?

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 04-06-2012 at 07:38 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Of SOME women do this. Do you see people saying that? No - they say women like drama. Women take men to the cleaners. Women do this. Women do that. Not ALL women are bad. Are some women bad? Hell yes! I've heard about some horror stories before about some awful, awful women. But are ALL women like that? No. Just like I don't think all men are liars, cheats, philanderers, etc. The majority of the PEOPLE I know are all good people. How could it NOT offend me to have people say that all women like drama, are gold diggers, only want a man so they can take his money, etc. That is offensive to me because I am a woman and I am not like that. The majority of women that I know are not like that. It is equally offensive to me to hear people say blanket statements about men, minorities, gays, etc. Do you honestly believe that ALL women are evil? Seriously?
Seriously, I dont believe that all women are evil.

I don't buy that it bothers you when men get put down here.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
You men are all correct. It's because women are evil creatures who love drama, marry men they don't love for their money, have kids when they don't want to, cheat and lie every chance they get, and are trying to rule the world and use men as their slaves. You guys are all so knowledgable! Quite the catches! Too bad I'm married! Oh then again - with the divorce rate being nearly 100%, I'll probably be divorced in a short while and I'll be loaded because I'll have take my husband for every penny that he's worth.
You have me crying over here.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Seriously, I dont believe that all women are evil.

I don't buy that it bothers you when men get put down here.
I think you and one of the other guys on here have selective reading skills. Just ask DollsEyes. I've laid into her many times for the things she says about men. My father was one of the best PEOPLE that I've ever known. Same for my husband. I also have many friends that are men. Yes - bad men exist. But just like with women - they are not all bad. And I'd say the majority are even good. I don't put men down. I know some posters would like to believe that I put men down just as often as they put women down - but I don't. I make my judgements on individuals - not on their gender, race, sexuality, etc. I'm surrounded by really good people - I would never put down men because I simply don't believe horrible things about an entire gender.

And the reason that I think it is so futile to dwell on divorce so much is because people get divorced for all different reasons - and you'll never know the exact reason unless you are the one involved. And even then - sometimes they don't know. When I got married, I just remember thinking that I wondered if most people who got married loved their spouse as much as I loved my husband. Because - if they did - I can't imagine that there would be as many divorces as there are. And this wasn't an infatuation thing. We had been together for about 3 years when we got married. We had been through personal tragedies together. We had been through ups and downs. And I knew on our wedding day that he was the person that I wanted beside me for the rest of my life. Some people get married for the wrong reasons - men and women. I know men who got married because they felt it was expected. I know women who got married because they wanted the security. I know people who got married because they thought they would never find someone else to love them. These are not good reasons to get married. And yet - people do it all the time. And often - these marriages result in divorce. If you don't want to get divorced - make sure you are getting married for the right reasons. A lot of people don't do that. There are no guarantees in life - but if you do things for the right reasons - your chances of success go up a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships