Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont think I want to hear what you think is the reason for divorces. Im quite sure many divorces are due to some type of abuse. I tell you, if and when accusations of abuse are sited in divorce, and they seldom are due to no fault, the abuse must be documented thru prior police/court and hospital records same as with infidelity. This requires a lot more money and time and my only result in a higher percentage of marital assests or swaying child custody.
Like I care, because many of y'all know I'm telling the truth on the real reasons why those people file for divorce.

And yes, it does require a lot of money. I think what men had before and during marriage, it should remain his. The house should also go to him. No spousal or child support needed.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's obvious those people don't like being tied to one person for the rest of their life.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Like I care, because many of y'all know I'm telling the truth on the real reasons why those people file for divorce.

And yes, it does require a lot of money. I think what men had before and during marriage, it should remain his. The house should also go to him. No spousal or child support needed.
Lets be clear here. Most men don't have a pot to p*ss in or a window to throw it out of. Next, what is acquired during a marriage takes two to acquire. Although, the higher earner should walk away with more, but it would make more sense if equal earners coupled. Given that most men don't appear to want to be primary custodial parents, I'm not sure why the guy should automatically get the house. Maybe you can lay down that logic for me.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Djuna I wish I could quote that. Too funny!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:

That's the way it is in community property states, of which most of the West subscribes to, except for OR and CO, and then add TX and LA. But even in a community property state, I'm sure the rules have been bent. One needs to keep meticulous records about their properties, assets and goods prior to marriage and not ever commingle them. Sad, but "business is business."

Here's one that bites. My Mom has a neighbor that periodically helps her who hails from the Silicon Valley area. She has a sister-in-law there who is married. Both are white and about the same age, and they have a couple of kids. He is in tech and makes a good living. She went to HS and that was good enough for her. She needed to find herself so she used some trivial transgression of his to "throw him out." I love that term "throw him out." It's more like "you know (to the wife), you ought to start shopping for a cheap apartment. I pay the mortgage." I say, in this case, "throw her out."

Old 04-12-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Lets be clear here. Most men don't have a pot to p*ss in or a window to throw it out of. Next, what is acquired during a marriage takes two to acquire. Although, the higher earner should walk away with more, but it would make more sense if equal earners coupled. Given that most men don't appear to want to be primary custodial parents, I'm not sure why the guy should automatically get the house. Maybe you can lay down that logic for me.
Yes, most men don't want custody because most don't want or like children. So can you really blame men for not wanting anything to do with them? Then the ex forces it on him through child support, money that actually goes to the system and not the thing.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's the way it is in community property states, of which most of the West is, except OR and CO, and then add TX and LA. But even in a community property state, I'm sure the rules have been bent. One needs to keep meticulous records about their properties, assets and goods prior to marriage and not ever commingle them. Sad, but "business is business."

Here's one that bites. My Mom has a neighbor that periodically helps her who hails from the Silicon Valley area. She has a sister-in-law there who is married. Both are white and about the same age, and they have a couple of kids. He is in tech and makes a good living. She went to HS and that was good enough for her. She needed to find herself so she used some trivial transgression of his to "throw him out." I love that term "throw him out." It's more like "you know (to the wife), you ought to start shopping for a cheap apartment. I pay the mortgage." I say, in this case, "throw her out."
Especially California. It's certainly the most misandric, community-property state in the USA. CA laws and politics are a cesspool.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
money that actually goes to the system
Money does go to "the system" and the assessment could be more than what is realistically needed to support the child. Like I said earlier, it's not about liking or disliking women, it's about M-O-N-E-Y, the root of all evil. The problem is that men who think with parts of their brains other than their pituitary glands can think this through, and women don't like it. It kind of wrecks their program.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
CA laws and politics are a cesspool.
When you have an ex-governor that posed for nude photos during his bodybuilding days, makes babies with the housekeeper while his own wife is pregnant, goes to a Hispanic gym to be PC during his campaign in (poorer) East LA to pander and get votes he wouldn't otherwise get, and that person is running a state with the population of Spain or Argentina, there must be something wrong. And that's just the tip of the iceberg....

Old 04-12-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
When you have an ex-governor that posed for nude photos during his bodybuilding days, makes babies with the housekeeper while his own wife is pregnant, and goes to a Hispanic gym to be PC during his campaign in (poorer) East LA to pander and get votes he wouldn't otherwise get, and that person is running a state with the population of Spain or Argentina, there must be something wrong. And that's just the tip of the iceberg....
Celebrities and topics don't mix well. Ronald Reagan was an actor who became governor for California. He was the first politician who established the No-Fault Divorce. Then that epidemic went nationwide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships