Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,153,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
call it what you want. Its also reality that what also happens on this forum is a bunch of sour women try to relive the 60's by lobbing accusations of misogyny, sexism, woman bashing whatever whatever and a whole bunch of other labels that I could careless about. Ultimately, like you said: Do what comes natural though. -- Except for sniff that glue you were talking about. Dont do that anymore Braunwyn..lol
I'm calling out your bull crap. For one, you're a sock. Why do that? eta: never mind, I get it. huh! I wonder what happened there. 2. There's probably only 2 women in this whole relationships forum that dog men in general. The rest of us are either married, partnered up, or don't give a crap. You have a need to bash women and as I always say^1000 it's all about you. Finally, I do believe some kind of chemical agent to diminish intellect is required to grasp the nonsensical, gender/female bashing that goes on in this forum.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
So, aiming for med school...and no med school?
Fortunately, I set out three paths when I started and chose the best fitting when the time came. Aiming for med, tho, set me up. It gave me an edge and I'm lucky for that given this economy.

Quote:
Nothing was handed to me. I wrote checks monthly for the student loans, for what scholarships, assistantships and a last year fellowship didn't cover.
I thought you took daddy's car and drove off into the scholastic sunset. Correct?
Quote:
So, can I assume that you penciled the way things would shake out in marriage, and passed on med school? I know many for whom that has been a "tough pill to swallow."
I decided against it. It was too much work. I don't know what you mean by penciled the way thing would work out in the marriage. Meh. I went to a good school, had a good gpa (3.7), picked up the extra major to show "academic diversity", worked at a hospital for a year and half, volunteered out the wazoo (still do that), engaged in undergrad research. I lived it and breathed it for years. Then I thought grad school would look good. I did very well. I TA'd organic and an instrumentation class. I RA'd and published. I mentored undergrads. I did well enough on my pretests. I became really tired. So what? Another 4 years of med school and another 3-6 years of residency? No sleep, no life. I was thinking of how I could manage having children. I give physicians credit. They pay their dues. My current position isn't easy by any means, but I get to sleep.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,310,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I thought you took daddy's car and drove off into the scholastic sunset. Correct?

I decided against it. It was too much work. I don't know what you mean by penciled the way thing would work out in the marriage.
Grad students often get "beaters" to take to grad school. It was an excess car in the family fleet. So what? I bought a new car upon finishing.

Too much work? Half the students in med school are women. Whatever.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,133,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm calling out your bull crap. For one, you're a sock. Why do that? eta: never mind, I get it. huh! I wonder what happened there. 2. There's probably only 2 women in this whole relationships forum that dog men in general. The rest of us are either married, partnered up, or don't give a crap. You have a need to bash women and as I always say^1000 it's all about you. Finally, I do believe some kind of chemical agent to diminish intellect is required to grasp the nonsensical, gender/female bashing that goes on in this forum.

As far as Im concerned you can keep bitching and bellowing into your computer screen and concocting internet jargon till your hair falls out. That you think Im a boot or a stocking or what have you, and feel it your duty to call me out on whatever is not my problem. Your opinion is irrelevant to me. Ill keep having fun posting my perspective on issues, and you'll keep reading them. If you need a little ganja or glue to get you through the convo, then do what you gotta do. Its your life.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,133,503 times
Quote:
Women actually dominate pharmacy... ..... ........ .....

Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,310,376 times
Quote:
I can see that. I would almost say 60:40 from glancing over the pharmacy counter. See, we need affirmative action of the gender variety to bring it back down to 50:50.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
As far as Im concerned you can keep bitching and bellowing into your computer screen and concocting internet jargon till your hair falls out. That you think Im a boot or a stocking or what have you, and feel it your duty to call me out on whatever is not my problem. Your opinion is irrelevant to me. Ill keep having fun posting my perspective on issues, and you'll keep reading them. If you need a little ganja or glue to get you through the convo, then do what you gotta do. Its your life.
I knew you were a sock based on your post count. Then I figured out who you were. Although, clearly you do care what is being said here to come back after a ban.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Grad students often get "beaters" to take to grad school. It was an excess car in the family fleet. So what? I bought a new car upon finishing.
I'm pretty sure you said it was your dad's primary car, not a beater. Perhaps you were just embellishing in that conversation.

Quote:
It was too much work for me. I didn't want the commitment. Why would you mention other women in medical school? Do you have any idea how bigoted that is? It's asinine.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
And they now dominate medical school as well.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I can see that. I would almost say 60:40 from glancing over the pharmacy counter. See, we need affirmative action of the gender variety to bring it back down to 50:50.
What prevented you from getting a more interesting education outside the typical LA degree? It wasn't women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.