Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:47 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like Sundays. Start worrying about work stuff, and all of the other crap you have to deal with during the week.

I never understood why people do some much stuff of Sundays, things like bar b que's, family get togethers. I would rather do those kinds thing on a Saturday, to me there is a much more fun vibe on a Saturday as opposed to Sundays.

So is Sunday the loneliest day of week?

Or is it just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:51 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,225,158 times
Actually, I work on Sundays. I get off work at 7AM. I love Sundays as long as I do not have to put much effort into anything outside of trying to figure out how to refigure my sleeping pattern for the following week.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:55 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Sundays have always made me a little depressed too. Damn it, I have to go back to work tomorrow. I avoid other obligations on Sundays, preferring to deal with those on Saturday, which has gotten old too. Actually, I'm really over all of these so-called family obligations. What I want is more freedom.

Yes, you're right. On Saturday you can have more fun because the weekend isn't over yet. (now I'm sad, just like you)

Old 10-12-2008, 06:00 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Sundays have always made me a little depressed too. Damn it, I have to go back to work tomorrow. I avoid other obligations on Sundays, preferring to deal with those on Saturday, which has gotten old too. Actually, I'm really over all of these so-called family obligations. What I want is more freedom.

Yes, you're right. On Saturday you can have more fun because the weekend isn't over yet. (now I'm depressed, just like you)
You hit the nail on the head. I'm thankful that we have family, but I'm tired of all of the various get togethers, someones b-day or having dinner together.

I don't want to rant here but I wish sometimes I could just be left alone.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:13 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Sundays for me are to relax, get ready for the week ahead, sit down and watch TV, but no. Mrs. Cat will not let this happen. She decided that if she's having a bad day with the kids I am too so these past few sundays have been totally nervewrecking with the newborn and the 2 year old from hell ganging up us. Please God make them grow up fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You hit the nail on the head. I'm thankful that we have family, but I'm tired of all of the various get togethers, someones b-day or having dinner together.

I don't want to rant here but I wish sometimes I could just be left alone.
My family is great too. I've ended up with certain chores that have become inflexible and constraining. Unfortunately, it's as much trouble to reschedule as it is to get them over with and move on.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Sundays for me are to relax, get ready for the week ahead, sit down and watch TV, but no. Mrs. Cat will not let this happen. She decided that if she's having a bad day with the kids I am too so these past few sundays have been totally nervewrecking with the newborn and the 2 year old from hell ganging up us. Please God make them grow up fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You say you want them to grow up fast but 15 years from now you'll want this time back. So I hear!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
I rather like Sundays because Saturday is usually errand day and then Sunday I mostly have total freedom - sometimes the only day in the week that I have that. On the other hand, there is a lonely vibe on a Sunday at times. Some have told me that on occasional Sundays they stay in PJs and never go out. It's their one day "off." I think Sundays may be difficult for some single people if you're alone.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Everyday is the same for me but I can't get any banking or business done on Sundays. So, no I really don't like Sundays or Holidays for that matter. My husband and I are lucky enough to be able to do what we want everyday so we don't need a special day off or a Holiday off. It's all good.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I think Sundays may be difficult for some single people if you're alone.
Not for this single person. I can talk on the phone, look at C-D here, or find someone to entertain me if I feel lonesome. Mostly I just do whatever and feel pretty happy except for the work thing. I didn't get dressed till sometime this afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships