U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:47 PM

15,037 posts, read 24,629,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
I wouldn't pay 1,000 dollars to meet anybody.
I might - it all depends on who.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
elr

1 posts, read 3,488 times
I recently became a member of a dating group called Equally Yoked. I paid around $2000, and signed a contract. I do not feel that EY is following their side of the contract. The contract says that Ey events will be available to its members. I drove to the past two events, and the lights were off at one of the places where the event was supposed to be. I called the EY office, and they said the events were cancelled. So, I don't even know if there will be an event this month...they will probably cancel all of the events. I went online, and it did not say that the events were cancelled. This is the second time that this has happened, and I've only been a member for 1 week!!!! I do feel that it is important to marry someone equally yoked, but now I am stuck paying and EY didn't meet their end of the contract! No go!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM

9,600 posts, read 15,683,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Really. If it's "Christian" why on earth does it cost so much?
Because it's Christianity. It has always cost a fortune. Now pass me the collection plate....

Old 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM

9,600 posts, read 15,683,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elr View Post
I recently became a member of a dating group called Equally Yoked. I paid around $2000, and signed a contract. I do not feel that EY is following their side of the contract. The contract says that Ey events will be available to its members. I drove to the past two events, and the lights were off at one of the places where the event was supposed to be. I called the EY office, and they said the events were cancelled. So, I don't even know if there will be an event this month...they will probably cancel all of the events. I went online, and it did not say that the events were cancelled. This is the second time that this has happened, and I've only been a member for 1 week!!!! I do feel that it is important to marry someone equally yoked, but now I am stuck paying and EY didn't meet their end of the contract! No go!
Sounds like they should be called "Equally Yanked".

Old 02-25-2009, 03:29 PM

53,527 posts, read 32,034,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandilynn View Post
I joined Equally Yoked (EY) several months ago after many fruitless months of searching the internet dating sites, both Christian and secular. I talked to the southern California rep several times, and she painted a great picture about the quality of men available on their website, so I joined. Although less than $1000, it still was steep at around $400/annual and $500/lifetime (or until married).

After joining, I went to the website and was very disappoined to discover that there are only 75 men in my area and age group (45-55). 1/3 of them had their accounts on hold because they were dating. 1/3 were not attractive to me in the least. Of the remaining 1/3, half were disqualified for various reasons (religion, things they wrote in their profile, etc.). I emailed the remaining dozen or so and introduced myself. I got a polite "Thanks but no thanks" from about 4 of them. One man responded right away, and we went on several dates, but we had different ideas about some important areas, so we would have been (you guessed it!) un-equally yoked. Another man responded but after corresponding for a week he just disappeared. None of the other good, christian men responded to my emails. I am considered nice looking, I look younger than my age, have a good profile, and get enough hits at other websites to know that men find me attractive; plus the amount of women on EY in my area and my age group is only slightly more than the men, so I was expecting more responses than that! In the months since I have joined, there have only been 2 other men in my area/age group join EY, so the odds haven't improved at all!

The EY website is very basic; after giving them so much money I would expect to have more user-friendly features.

Bottom line...don't waste your money! I am thoroughly disappointed and wish I could get my money back. I think there should have been a disclosure from the rep at the very beginning telling me the amount of men in my area, how many were actually available to date and not "on hold" and already in a relationship, and perhaps even letting me see the restricted website for myself so that I could have seen how few available men are on the dating website.
I joined EY in October of 2007, long story of how I ended up there, but I paid $1400 for the membership, which in my opinion was way too much. My membership will expire next month (March 2009) and I gave up on them. Their website is not the best, and it lacks several features we can use. One example is when you do a search, they include the members that have their memberships on hold, which I can't figure out why. Also, and that was what really irritated me, if you want to change your picture in the profile, you can't do it yourself, you have to send the image to them, or take it down to their office. You should have the ability to do that. I know last year, I wanted to change the picture I have in my profile, so I called them, and the gal I spoke with gave me an email address to send the image to. Well, I sent it and it was not changed. About a month later I called them again to find out what happened, and the guy told me that the email address I was given was not the correct one, and he gave me another email address. I didn't even bother sending the image, and I'm just going to let my membership expire.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:36 PM

53,527 posts, read 32,034,488 times
One thing I should also mention, when I joined in October of 2007, I was told by the person I spoke with at the office, that they have a 90% success rate for their members. I'm sure some of their members have had success meeting Mr or Mrs right, but I don't think the success rate is anywhere near the 90% they claim.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,414 times
Talking angel baby 2

I joined Equally Yoked in Dunwoody about one year ago and I have been out with several very nice Christian men. They took me to dinner, church Concerts and had a great time with alll of them. We prayed together and they where all very nice Christian men but not my soul mate. I know soon that it is in God's Plan to send me Mr Right either from Equally Yoked or somewhere else. My experince with Equally Yoked has been wonderful and they are doing every thing to help me and any one that says bad things about them must not be a happy Christian person. You must be happy with yourself and God in order for something to work instead of complaing. By the way I drove 3 hours to get there and the price was very good and not what others are saying on this unless it is another office or another state

Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM

943 posts, read 2,156,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I was browsing around one time and found Equally Yoked. I heard in another discussion board a man admits to finding his wife through their service.

I thought them to be some kind of social club and reuested more info. A rep called me and said they were a dating service, and asked that I come in to Atlanta for an interview. I declined, saying that I was not in a good frame of mind to be dating again, what with being out of work and all.

Somebody at my church admits tohaving a bad experience with them. Whenever I hear about these dating services that charge $1,000 or more memberships, I smell a rat close by. Any thoughts on EY?
Wouldnt it be easier and cheaper to date at church?

One doesnt have to pay that much money to meet single people, even Craigslist is free.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:46 PM

348 posts, read 794,575 times
Back in 1999, I joined EY in the Atlanta area and paid $1200 for a year membership, which was way too much and I don't feel it was worth the money. They only accepted credit or cash, for the full amount, right there on the spot. My impression back then was it's just a social club for Christian singles, and maybe you'll find someone compatible and suitable to go out with, or maybe you won't. The staff there (back in 1999) were very impatient and borderline rude, but eventually they left and new people were hired to take their place and the new people were so much nicer and pleasant to deal with, and seemed to really care about the members. My advice (if you would like it) would be to visit a few churches in your area that have single adult ministries first and you can make new friends and meet new people that way without loading up the credit card.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,255 times
Default I think Equally Yoked is great!

Equally Yoked is the best thing to ever happened to me. Its amazing when I hear people make fun of the name. They just don't get it. Its a Bible thing. As far as money is concerned..they are not 1,000 dollars ...more like 20 dollars a month to join....they actually have real profiles which is so unusual compared to dating sites with all fake profiles and fake Christians... The Christian sites I tried first were all run by non Christians..you could tell by the questions..they were cookie cutter software( I am an engineer) I met my wife through Equally Yoked and shes amzing. never would have happenned ..I don't think and other way but Equally Yoked.
Read more: [url]//www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/461784-equally-yoked-they-legit.html#ixzz0RlXj8TO6[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.