U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:29 PM

5,077 posts, read 13,963,141 times

Advertisements

Hmm.. I dunno. I saw a Dateline (or related) program on a mother and son dating company and their fees were high too but they had a really high success rate in matching couples. Does it make it worthwhile? I guess that depends on each person, do you have the money to spend and do you want to spend it on that?
Something like this would have never been my cup of tea. I'm outgoing enough and bubbly enough to just meet people so dating troubles were never an issue. I'll say this, if someone were going to spend that kind of dough on a dating service, they better be listed with the Better Business Bureau and have a really great reputation.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel baby 2 View Post
I joined Equally Yoked in Dunwoody about one year ago and I have been out with several very nice Christian men. They took me to dinner, church Concerts and had a great time with alll of them. We prayed together and they where all very nice Christian men but not my soul mate. I know soon that it is in God's Plan to send me Mr Right either from Equally Yoked or somewhere else. My experince with Equally Yoked has been wonderful and they are doing every thing to help me and any one that says bad things about them must not be a happy Christian person. You must be happy with yourself and God in order for something to work instead of complaing. By the way I drove 3 hours to get there and the price was very good and not what others are saying on this unless it is another office or another state

Old 02-11-2010, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,869 times
You sound like a very upbeat and happy person. I also had a great experience with Equally yoked and I feel sorry that people say such nasty things and even think it is a egg. I guess they have nothing better but to post things on the net about companies that are negative. It shows you what type of person they are and I would definetly say they are not Christians and have the lord really in their heart.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 PM

23,598 posts, read 34,574,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty 2 View Post
You sound like a very upbeat and happy person. I also had a great experience with Equally yoked and I feel sorry that people say such nasty things and even think it is a egg. I guess they have nothing better but to post things on the net about companies that are negative. It shows you what type of person they are and I would definetly say they are not Christians and have the lord really in their heart.
That's quite presumptuous and judgemental. Perhaps they haven't had your experience or are simply somewhat wary.

Are you really saying that not "believing" in Equally Yolked necessarily means not having the Lord in your heart? That's more than limiting. It's cultish!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 PM

6,776 posts, read 12,747,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty 2 View Post
Uhhh..maybe they had a bad experience with the company? So that means they aren't true Christians? Give me a break.

I could say that you aren't a true Christian because you didn't capitalize the L in Lord, or that you are a troll trying to make Christians look like idiots...now how silly would that be?

Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM

9,091 posts, read 11,036,277 times
Oh yes, the old 'true Christian' line. No wonder you folks have such a hard time meeting people. You're too judgemental.

Saying that someone who had a bad experience with a company did so due to their spiritual state is one if the most ludicrous things I've heard.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:29 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,652,928 times
What is with all the 1-post-wonders commenting on ths specific thread....hmmmmmmmm

Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 PM

740 posts, read 1,162,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
What is with all the 1-post-wonders commenting on ths specific thread....hmmmmmmmm
I had the same thought. Possible corporate plants?

Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM

33 posts, read 192,219 times
No? Why would someone pay $1,000 for a service that doesn't guarantee what they deliever. It's up to the person to make him or herself attractive to the opposite sex.

$1000 can be better spent on a personal fitness trainer, new clothes, or in some cases personal hygiene.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM

33 posts, read 192,219 times
I don't any paid dating service will benefit a man. He is paying money in order to spend more money. The $1000 investment will turn into endless investment that only benefits the receiver and not giver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.