Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:26 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,545 times

Advertisements

I was browsing around one time and found Equally Yoked. I heard in another discussion board a man admits to finding his wife through their service.

I thought them to be some kind of social club and reuested more info. A rep called me and said they were a dating service, and asked that I come in to Atlanta for an interview. I declined, saying that I was not in a good frame of mind to be dating again, what with being out of work and all.

Somebody at my church admits tohaving a bad experience with them. Whenever I hear about these dating services that charge $1,000 or more memberships, I smell a rat close by. Any thoughts on EY?

Old 10-13-2008, 05:29 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
I thought you were talking about eggs.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I was thinking it was some kind of a Christian thing ... or quite possibly an egg thing. So which came first anyway ... the chicken or the egg???

Old 10-13-2008, 05:32 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
It's a Christian thing. That's one of my deal breakers - or close to it.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,545 times
Nice joke. No, go to Equally Yoked © - helping Christian Singles since 1986

Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times
Really. If it's "Christian" why on earth does it cost so much?

Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Really. If it's "Christian" why on earth does it cost so much?
Because they need the money to um ... spread the gospel.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 PM

391 posts, read 872,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I was browsing around one time and found Equally Yoked. I heard in another discussion board a man admits to finding his wife through their service.

I thought them to be some kind of social club and reuested more info. A rep called me and said they were a dating service, and asked that I come in to Atlanta for an interview. I declined, saying that I was not in a good frame of mind to be dating again, what with being out of work and all.

Somebody at my church admits tohaving a bad experience with them. Whenever I hear about these dating services that charge $1,000 or more memberships, I smell a rat close by. Any thoughts on EY?
My husband and I are unequally yoked meaning he and I are not on the same page when it comes to God. He pretty much kept this a secret while dating and early on into the marriage. He was affraid I would not marry him. He is a very good man and a terrific husband. I pray for him all the time hoping God will touch his heart, He never says anything negative, he is okay with how I believe, He was raised in Guatemala as a Chatholic with the big Hell thing hanging over his head so he believes in Christ was a man who was tortured and pursecuted for religious beliefs but also feels when you're dead you are dust. I try to lead by example and pray god will touch his heart. I have seen it happen to other non believers. Time will tell and I am optomistic. I cannot except his belief but I do not question him about it anymore or try to convert. I feel that just pushes him away.
As a dating service man they will use anything. I think if it were a real christian site it would only charge a bare minimum as to keep it operational. People do a lot of crap in the name of god and or religion. Good luck. I think there are better ways to meet. If you are a faithful person most churches have singles groups and those are FREE. Best wishes on your search for your perfect partner.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 AM

240 posts, read 1,289,289 times
I wouldn't pay 1,000 dollars to meet anybody.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 15,161 times
Thumbs down Equally Yoked

I joined Equally Yoked (EY) several months ago after many fruitless months of searching the internet dating sites, both Christian and secular. I talked to the southern California rep several times, and she painted a great picture about the quality of men available on their website, so I joined. Although less than $1000, it still was steep at around $400/annual and $500/lifetime (or until married).

After joining, I went to the website and was very disappoined to discover that there are only 75 men in my area and age group (45-55). 1/3 of them had their accounts on hold because they were dating. 1/3 were not attractive to me in the least. Of the remaining 1/3, half were disqualified for various reasons (religion, things they wrote in their profile, etc.). I emailed the remaining dozen or so and introduced myself. I got a polite "Thanks but no thanks" from about 4 of them. One man responded right away, and we went on several dates, but we had different ideas about some important areas, so we would have been (you guessed it!) un-equally yoked. Another man responded but after corresponding for a week he just disappeared. None of the other good, christian men responded to my emails. I am considered nice looking, I look younger than my age, have a good profile, and get enough hits at other websites to know that men find me attractive; plus the amount of women on EY in my area and my age group is only slightly more than the men, so I was expecting more responses than that! In the months since I have joined, there have only been 2 other men in my area/age group join EY, so the odds haven't improved at all!

The EY website is very basic; after giving them so much money I would expect to have more user-friendly features.

Bottom line...don't waste your money! I am thoroughly disappointed and wish I could get my money back. I think there should have been a disclosure from the rep at the very beginning telling me the amount of men in my area, how many were actually available to date and not "on hold" and already in a relationship, and perhaps even letting me see the restricted website for myself so that I could have seen how few available men are on the dating website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.