Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

It is always logical to speak your mind--even if no one is around to hear but you yourself.

Yes--I talk to myself out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
This post isn;t about just man/woman relationship stuff....it is about PEOPLE as a whole and why they are so closed off? I am SO tired of sticking my neck out to be friends with people and getting nothing back from them but crap!I am just so fed UP! When are people going to wake up and see me for the gem I am? I deserve to be around quality people and I get nothing in return! I wonder if the economy is making people this way? Is that possible? I've just called five poeple to talk and left five messages and got no answers! It ain't me trust me on this one!
Making friends is not much different than being in a romantic relationship--or trying to be. You could be the greatest catch, have so much going for you, good looking, witty... but if you come across as too eager, you appear needy. You might as well be standing on a street corner waving your arms, yelling, "Somebody love me! LOVE ME! Please!" People will go out of their way to avoid you. It's just human nature. I think friendships have to develop like any other relationship, naturally.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:02 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It is always logical to speak your mind--even if no one is around to hear but you yourself.

Yes--I talk to myself out loud.
Is this Ashton Kutcher? Am I Punk'D.

Bwahahahahahahaha

You got me Ashton, you got me.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Just using you as an average person....

I talk to myself because I want to be able to have intelligent conversations--a quality lacking in the average person.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
[quote=

It's a long story, Chow... and not well taken by many if explained by a foreign-born person...[/quote]

Try me, I am not US-born

Old 09-03-2014, 05:21 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
This post isn;t about just man/woman relationship stuff....it is about PEOPLE as a whole and why they are so closed off? I am SO tired of sticking my neck out to be friends with people and getting nothing back from them but crap!I am just so fed UP! When are people going to wake up and see me for the gem I am? I deserve to be around quality people and I get nothing in return! I wonder if the economy is making people this way? Is that possible? I've just called five poeple to talk and left five messages and got no answers! It ain't me trust me on this one!
I haven't read through this thread, but could it be that new raw garlic and onion diet you went on?

(that was just kidding, but I did know a nice woman once who I avoided because of her dragon breath ..... then she told me she always ate an entire bulb - not just a clove - of raw garlic every day for health reasons).

There can be any number of reasons that you wouldn't know about. One way to find out is to go to a bar and hang out with someone for a good long time, so his or her tongue is loosened by the alcohol and can get to know you a bit, and then bring up this topic. As they used to say a coupla thousand years ago, "In vino veritas."

One possible solution is to become meaner and crustier. Many people are more attracted to that than to those who are too kind and good.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:35 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

*snips stuff*

One possible solution is to become meaner and crustier. Many people are more attracted to that than to those who are too kind and good.
Nuuuuuu!! Never succumb!

People who are comfortable in their own skin often prefer to be alone. The right people will find them.

Who the heck wants to attract a bunch of schemers, manipulators, and Debbie-Downers anyway?

You may think just because you watch those types put it to someone else that they will never do it to you. You would be only kidding yourself. If they see a weakness or opportunity, or even if they think they see one, like any animal, they will go for it. It is what it is. *shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships